R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #436
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
And it's good to know that you guys cheated for your win! Good job.
no cheating... the liquid we used is clear and smells like oranges. your track rule was no paragon. try again.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #437

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Look at offroaders probably the guys that adapt to the most variations of track grip around, no amount of tire doping makes a difference on a 1/8th scale buggy im sure.... But they adapt. They dont stop going to track ABC because the grip is low, they adapt there setups to go fast.
Hrm..I got one thing to say about that though ... DEATH GRIP. Most toxic compound around and off road people use it. I was introduced to it by off road people, and it's way more toxic than Paragon (paragon doesn't smoke lexan.)

Stop whining. There are worse things that can kill you, traction compound is the least of my worries.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #438
Tech Initiate

Wink Traction Compound

"Stop whining. There are worse things that can kill you, traction compound is the least of my worries. "

Wow that has to be the most thought out responce and most detailed responce I have read on this subject.

XRAY T2007 / Associated B4 / IRS Rug Rat
www.fastcats.ca / www.sidsraceway.com
ENERGY Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:28 PM   #439
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You really see peoples' true colors in this thread. You can tell a lot about a man by his concern for others.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #440

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm way more concerned about diabetes, ass cancer, and getting car jacked than what rubs off on my hands or the vapors I breath that are off gassed from traction compound. I spent 8 years taking weekly urine tests for lead because I worked around lead dust... I've worked around 100 degree caustic vats that would remove skin if touched, and I had way more exposure to that than traction compound. Petroleum distillates mixed with wintergreen are the least of your concerns, honestly.

Many of you pump your own fuel at the gas station, yet you don't see people wearing resperators to do it. A lifetime of inhaling gasoline fumes is not good for you, and most of us spend more time inhaling that over traction compound. Over the course of all of your lives there are way worse things your inhaling (like diesel car exhaust, which is known to cause cancer and lung ailments) to single out traction compound because of health risks is just pointless. Yeah, Paragon stinks. So? I was at a race where when I came home my clothes wreaked of Paragon ... when it got to me, I did not man up and stick it out so I looked "tough" (as someone posted we do) but I left, went back to my hotel room, and drank copious amounts of alcohol (which also causes several severe health ailments.)

This whole "should we evaluate, ban, or control traction compound because it might cause cancer in rabbits" discussion is really a exercise in futility. Do you not have more important things to do than argue with people on the Internet?

Oh wait..I forgot, that's what the Internet is about, to argue and talk trash about movies anonymously.

Last edited by Desolas; 03-16-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:36 AM   #441
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default pumping gas

So pumping gas is worse than traction compound and since we are all around lead, alchohol, etc, we should just keep doing what we are doing?

How long do you pump gas? Do you pump gas in an enclosed space with no ventilation? Do you pump gas along with 50 others pumping gas nonstop for 8 hours? Do you get fuel all over your hands each time you pump gas?

As to lead, why do you think you were tested for blood lead concentrations once a week? Do you think the company just wanted to waste money, and have your blood drawn? Or do you think since lead is toxic, the company just wanted to protect their workers? Lead in the blood is absorbed by bone and tissue and stays there for decades. In an adult, it takes about 30 days for the lead to clear the blood. So if you have increased levels, you simply avoid the lead exposure until your levels drop. That was a job, this is a hobby. Which do you think is more important to have exposure to these chemicals in?

And by the way, the diseases and cancers you are talking about can be caused by prolonged exposure to the chemicals that you are defending.

Geez. I also find it interesting that most of the guys who are so against doing anything are usually test masters, elite, etc. Having a tech master say that I am wasting my time on an internet forum because I think something should be done, while the way to become a tech master is to post a lot, is like the pot calling the kettle black, no?

I don't post a lot, hence my status, but I have posted much more than usual in this particular forum, because the ignorance shown is staggering, and dangerous.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:45 AM   #442
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Clearly this isn't an important issue since it doesn't affect me.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:08 AM   #443
Tech Master

If we can show that drinking acetone (nail polish remover) would decrease your lap times, how many would do it. What about a drop of acetone shaving 1/10 off a lap. What about inhaling acetone to shave 1/10 off a lap.

Notice anything familiar?
Old 03-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #444
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Clearly this isn't an important issue since it doesn't affect me.
Interestingly enough.... that is the mentality of the paragon Naziís that think that since there is no immediate harm, it can't be bad for me. Funny enough - and heaven forbid, one of these people develop serious conditions from the compounds that we are discussing in here... what's happens next - all of a sudden this becomes a huge problem for them and they are changing their tune.

How much would it suck to live in one's 50's or 60's and have to have a respirator breathe for you because you chose to take-up a hobby when you were younger?
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:09 AM   #445
Tech Master

duckman, unfortunately that is how it works with most things in life. By the time you show serious side effects, it is too late.

I have read that with smoking in a frequent smoker, it takes 5 or more years from your last cig for your lungs to get to 90% of their capacity for your age (assuming no cancer, etc. They will never get back to 100%.). The bad stuff in cigs is in tiny amounts compared to the chemicals that we use. That is why it takes so many years for most people to start showing serious effects from smoking. (less serious effects show up faster.)

There is no question that the current compounds will be banned eventually, the only question is how long will it take, and how much more we have to hurt ourselves before they are.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:54 PM   #446
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dear Lord, let this topic die!!! If ROAR does ban Paragon, or any other additive for that matter, it "fixes" what, 2 races? The carpet On-Road Nats and the Carpet Oval Nats. Scotty's already banned it at the IIC, which is Scotty's right, because it's SCOTTY'S RACE. Long live the Black and Purple can......

I'm all for protecting the health of others, but I believe the protection should be provided by the "others" in question. You get in your car and drive everyday, you could be involved in a fatal car accident, that you aren't even at fault for, yet you still drive. Many people choke to death each year, yet we all continue to eat, blah, blah, blah. If you don't want to be around smoke, frequent establishments that don't allow smoking. Don't wanna be around Paragon? Race somewhere where they don't allow it.

PLEASE STOP TRYING TO GOVERNMENTALLY INSTITUTE A LONG, SLOW, BORING, RISK-FREE LIFE FOR ME. THANK YOU!

I thought we still lived in a FREE country.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....

Last edited by CypressMidWest; 03-17-2007 at 01:16 PM.
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #447
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i use my blackberry phone everyday for work.. i wonder if i'll get brain cancer..

RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #448
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigJim14226

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENERGY Racing
Why has no Manufacturer or ROAR Board member post a reply to this subject?
We all know that this is being looked at by all of them and is being discussed.

Yet no reply post.

George B.
Hi George,
I think you might want to re-read this entire thread..... I think you might find a few posts by a regional director of ROAR, check out the sig lines.

It's a shame that Martin has to quit due to health related problems. Me personally have not been effected by the compound.

Seeya around the track
BigJim14226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #449
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Regional Directors are not board members, we get no vote....

At least they have never let me vote.

With the exception of Dawn Sanchez, none of the current ExComm members even read these boards that I know of.....they certainly don't post.

In Dawn's defense, the cactus classic is this weekend and she has been slammed for the last two weeks preparing for one of the biggest offroad events in the world.

Later EddieO
Old 03-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #450
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigJim14226

thank you for the correction. At least there are directors reading this topic.
BigJim14226 is offline   Reply With Quote