R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #196
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

They are ferrite clamps (or whatever you would rather call them), same as you see on consumer electronics to suppress rf interference.

Been experimented with for a while now in RC, don't seem to be as popular now as they were a couple of years ago, but Much-More have them if you want to try them out.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #197
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 620
Default CONGRADULATIONS!

I just wanted to congradulate Marc, Andy and Masami for their great 1-2-3 finish at the Collegno "Worlds Warmup" event.
Judging from the many photos posted - it appears that the PROTOform Mazda 6 was clearly the favoured body. It looks like 9 out of the 10 A-main bodies used were Pf Mazda 6 bodies. (from what I could see the 7th place finisher used an Accord body)

Thanks again guys! - I'm really looking forward to attending the IFMAR Electric TouringCar Worlds in July!

Dale Epp - PROTOform
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #198
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge
They are ferrite clamps (or whatever you would rather call them), same as you see on consumer electronics to suppress rf interference.

Been experimented with for a while now in RC, don't seem to be as popular now as they were a couple of years ago, but Much-More have them if you want to try them out.
Never mind the little clamps! check where his motor sits!!!!!!!! someone has been busy with mans best freind the DREMEL!!!!!!!!!
Nick Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:52 PM   #199
Tech Regular
 
Andrew_Carter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hb Ninja Squad
Posts: 287
Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter
Default

What are you on about LOL!

Thers no dremel work there mate!

L8rs
__________________
ToniSport | Yokomo | GavGraphix | MHP
Andrew_Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #200
Tech Adept
 
R.Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Garden Grove, Stateside
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp
I just wanted to congradulate Marc, Andy and Masami for their great 1-2-3 finish at the Collegno "Worlds Warmup" event.
Judging from the many photos posted - it appears that the PROTOform Mazda 6 was clearly the favoured body. It looks like 9 out of the 10 A-main bodies used were Pf Mazda 6 bodies. (from what I could see the 7th place finisher used an Accord body)

Thanks again guys! - I'm really looking forward to attending the IFMAR Electric TouringCar Worlds in July!

Dale Epp - PROTOform

Hara as well....Ride Accord
R.Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:49 PM   #201
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,003
Default

Anyone that can fully explain this then go ahead. What is the reason behind all of these guys running the wing as far back as possible?
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs, Ulti Tires America

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #202
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,202
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Anyone that can fully explain this then go ahead. What is the reason behind all of these guys running the wing as far back as possible?
in big tracks the place it as far as back as possible and for short tracks they bring it in closer
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #203
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,003
Default

Could you explain why? I remember seeing a picture of Peter Robinsons car from the Reedy race and his wing was all the way back and that is not that big of a track.
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs, Ulti Tires America

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #204
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 827
Default

congrats Dale!
__________________
Martin Crisp
Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #205
Tech Addict
 
carkillaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 687
Default

who has the vids?
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #206
Tech Regular
 
floodo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 452
Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Ellis
Hara as well....Ride Accord
yeah i was gonna be amazed that hara would run anything other than ride accord

how do hara's corally style plugs work with the v2 motor? i never realized that was possible before! did they add the female part onto the motor or something?


what is the difference between the new and old MSX rear bulkhead? i cant find any side shots of the new one...is it lower CoG? from the top pictures it looks like the bulkhead now sits primarily below the center shaft (layshaft, whatever) height, and bumps up to accomodate the bearings of the center shaft, is this true?
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #207
Tech Regular
 
floodo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 452
Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1
Default

almost forgot, what springs is hara using?
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #208
Tech Fanatic
 
RobS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chatham, Ontario
Posts: 877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodo1
how do hara's corally style plugs work with the v2 motor? i never realized that was possible before! did they add the female part onto the motor or something?
I would imagine that they plug directly into the endbell. With the heat these motors make if they just soldered a female connection to the endbell it would just melt off...
__________________
Rob Say
Action Hobbies Kingsville
"In racing you never really lose. You either win, or learn."
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:19 PM   #209
Tech Master
 
alana07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: There
Posts: 1,814
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Could you explain why? I remember seeing a picture of Peter Robinsons car from the Reedy race and his wing was all the way back and that is not that big of a track.
the wing was moved back for more stability, moved forward for less stability (easier for the car to rotate)....
__________________
没有最好,只有更好!!!
alana07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #210
Tech Adept
 
beerbarron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 218
Default

Anymore info about the Kyosho team and what places they attained?
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2006 IFMAR 200mm NITRO Touring Worlds on TV RCTVLIVE Nitro On-Road 0 08-28-2007 06:58 AM
2006 Worlds - Italy cyclone Electric On-Road 1743 07-29-2006 12:46 AM
IFMAR 1/10 EP TOURING WORLDS 2006 - ITALY MSB Electric On-Road 7 05-24-2006 09:36 PM
2006 ISTC / 1/12 Worlds, Italy. Simon A Electric On-Road 65 02-08-2006 12:38 AM
2005 1/8th On Road IFMAR Worlds in Italy (9/3-9/11) jeffreylin Racing Forum 1 08-17-2005 10:20 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:05 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net