Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Jrxs good or bad? Any info on production? >

Jrxs good or bad? Any info on production?

Jrxs good or bad? Any info on production?

Old 09-23-2021, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Jrxs good or bad? Any info on production?

So I started a thread in the vintage forum but not sure if this is old enough to justify the "vintage" forum. I purchased one of these Jrxs non type "R" and it seems like a very well built car but I can only find info on the R model was this car not very good? It doesn't seem to have much of a following and was trying to find how many were produced and when to determine rarity if any. Some of the cars like the NXT were built at the factory by factory racers which is super cool. Any info helps

Thank you
Old 09-23-2021, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Original huge thread for the car here: Team Losi JRXS

It's not a bad car, but for the centre weight concept it just isn't as good as the Type R. That's not to say you can't do well enough in one though. Biggest issue you'll have is getting batteries to fit. Shorties only, max capacity around 4500 but you'll need to check the dimensions (I posted some info here Team Losi JRXS Type-R in the type R thread).

There were plenty around, wouldn't say rare. Just a bit too difficult for most people to bother with these days, the Type R is just better in every respect and was actually designed for lipos originally.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh I see thank you for the info I really appreciate it. I just mess around here and there with the cars so the difference between the two doesn't seem like it will affect me much but I am interested to get it out and see what it can do
Old 09-23-2021, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toyotachris1982 View Post
Oh I see thank you for the info I really appreciate it. I just mess around here and there with the cars so the difference between the two doesn't seem like it will affect me much but I am interested to get it out and see what it can do
The JRXS was designed primarily as a foam tire car, which it was a very good foam tire car, but rubber tire a little harder to find the sweet spot. The JRXS-R was a much better rubber tire car. I raced both from ‘04 (JRXS) to ‘10 (approx) modified the bulkheads so the early lipo would fit. Lipo’s just got too big, so retired the cars, and started racing the TOP Photon, .5 sec. per lap better car. Fun cars, enjoy them😉
Old 09-24-2021, 05:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you that is some good info.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toyotachris1982 View Post
Thank you that is some good info.
👍👍