Like Tree2214Likes

Xray X4

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-12-2023, 09:53 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Xray X4
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: R Dodge
XRAY X4'22 Helpful tips & setups

Tips:

Installing the hex on the driveshaft - Make 100% sure you have the flat spot lined up on the axle with the cutout in the hex as shown in the manual. If you do not do this, it will make disassembly so much harder. The flat spot is there so you can fit a flathead screwdriver in between the shaft and the c-clip to pop it off when you want to remove the hex. Also, when removing the c-clip I would recommend pointing it down into your pit mat/towel so the clip does not go flying and disappear.

Assembling the upper arms - Make sure to grease the threads on the camber screw (302640). This will make assembly and camber adjustments much easier. Also, when adjusting camber you want to make sure you hold the upper arm so it does not twist while you turn the screw.

Droop - It is important to remove the shocks. All team setup sheets will show droop settings with shocks removed. Simply detaching them from the arm will do. This is a change from how we set droop in the past.

Setups:

**If the super mods on this forum were actually right, and handled things correctly, they would not have gone back and deleted all the posts to hide things

***And since they are in the deleting mood now, they might as well go ahead and just delete all the images of the setup sheet, as originally requested via private comms.

Print Wikipost

Old 08-19-2021, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
🤣🤣🤣 And it'll be only $600 more than the xpress
asirolli likes this.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't like this solution as the geometry is approximative.
bobo_e likes this.
Old 08-20-2021, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

If it is a new TC platform would they not call it a T5 like they did from the T3 to the T4? The X1 is the name of their F1 car, maybe it'll be a 1/4 scale F1 car.
Old 08-20-2021, 08:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blwaz23
If it is a new TC platform would they not call it a T5 like they did from the T3 to the T4? The X1 is the name of their F1 car, maybe it'll be a 1/4 scale F1 car.
The current "X" cars are all pan cars; X1 = 10th F1, X12 = 12th Pan, X10 = 10th Pan
Old 08-20-2021, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
The current "X" cars are all pan cars; X1 = 10th F1, X12 = 12th Pan, X10 = 10th Pan
Xray has changed from T2, to T3 and now T4. Once they arrived at T4; Xray standardized the naming conventions across all platforms by using date years as the version control. Like how in 1/8 offroad they went from XB8 to XB9 then back to XB8+year.

Regarding if "X" being only "pan cars", F1 is not a "pan car". It is similar design, but not a "pan car".

Like mentioned, look at the history of Xray, they usually go above and beyond with their Xray Touring Car because it's their flagship imo. Looking at they filming behind the scenes, even pushes higher my theory of being a new innovative Touring car.

Everyone across the boards and forums are complaining of why Xray hasn't deviated from the traditional TC format. They will most likely do it with this X4, and I have my popcorn ready for all the "copy" and critique comments (and my CC to be the first in line).
performula likes this.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Regarding if "X" being only "pan cars", F1 is not a "pan car". It is similar design, but not a "pan car".
Please enlighten me on how the X1 F1 car is not a pan car?
gigaplex likes this.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Xray has changed from T2, to T3 and now T4. Once they arrived at T4; Xray standardized the naming conventions across all platforms by using date years as the version control. Like how in 1/8 offroad they went from XB8 to XB9 then back to XB8+year.

Like mentioned, look at the history of Xray, they usually go above and beyond with their Xray Touring Car because it's their flagship imo. Looking at they filming behind the scenes, even pushes higher my theory of being a new innovative Touring car.

Everyone across the boards and forums are complaining of why Xray hasn't deviated from the traditional TC format. They will most likely do it with this X4, and I have my popcorn ready for all the "copy" and critique comments (and my CC to be the first in line).
To be fair the “copy” comments are across all brands. Lol. They all get accused of it to an extent
Smokeyr67 likes this.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Please enlighten me on how the X1 F1 car is not a pan car?
Please enlighten me on how F1 is a pancar.

It is like saying a GT is an 1/8th Lola.

F1 may share similarities with the rear pods and similar suspensions philosophy. However, pancars are named due to their high downforce bodies (similar to Lolas).

Old 08-20-2021, 10:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Please enlighten me on how F1 is a pancar.
It is like saying a GT is an 1/8th Lola.
F1 may share similarities with the rear pods and similar suspensions philosophy. However, pancars are named due to their high downforce bodies (similar to Lolas).
So by your definition, GT12 and WGTR are NOT a Pan Car classes.

I think I'm going to stick with a more universally accepted explanation:

You're familiar with 1/12th scale...they are pan cars too. Similar setup today as you ran in the 80s. Rear wheel drive they have one main chassis that holds your batteries, speed controller (Eelectronic Speed Controls (ESC) today...you may have been running mechanical back in the 80s since ESCs didn't really take off until the late 80s), servo and front suspension. The rear is a T-plate that attaches to your main chassis and can pivot from side to side and front to back. Most of today's cars still use the same friction plate system that was used back in the 80s and 90s but many cars now use side dampners rather than the friction plates to isolate both axis of dampening. The rear pod holds the motor just as before and drives a direct drive system where the pinion gear moves the spur gear which is tied directly into the axle. The spur gear doubles as your differential gear and almost all pan cars today have ball differentials. Pan cars still run foam tires. Front suspension is much the same with a pin spring on a small spindal shaft being the entirety of the front suspension. Today, most pan cars can adjust camber, caster and toe of the front suspension.
vs
Touring cars are more complex. They are 4wd (there is a small contengent of Front Wheel Drive cars but they are more of their own class...) and have completely independant suspension on all four corners. This suspension system consisits of a lower arm, upper control arm and a coil over oil filled dampener at each corner. The chassis has a lower deck and an upper deck to help keep the chassis from flexing because of the additional weight of the 4wd system. Rather than foam, most touring cars run rubber tires though foam is an option.
https://www.rctech.net/forum/showpos...87&postcount=5
gigaplex likes this.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've always considered anything 2wd with a solid rear axle to be a pan car. Not sure what I'd call 1/8 on road though...
mrreet2001 likes this.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

So by your definition, GT12 and WGTR are NOT a Pan Car classes.

I think I'm going to stick with a more universally accepted explanation:

vs

https://www.rctech.net/forum/showpos...87&postcount=5

From the same thread:
For speed, pan cars are faster. A F1 car (basically a specialized pan car) with a 21.5 motor can be almost as fast as a touring car with a 17.5 motor that has adjustable timing. (Please note that today brushless motors rule the track and their nomenclature for "turns" is slightly different than the brushed motors you were use to.) However, a touring car, with it's 4wd, is easier to drive than a pan car and this is especially true on unprepared surfaces.
"Specialized pan car". Sure thing, by your definition a FWD is also a Touring Car.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

RC America also classifies X1 as pan car.

gigaplex likes this.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bd007
RC America also classifies X1 as pan car.

Okay, my bad then.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow!! 3 pages of speculative conjecture and it hasn't even been released yet. Well done
Old 08-20-2021, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by simple
Wow!! 3 pages of speculative conjecture and it hasn't even been released yet. Well done
I personally have nothing better to do at the moment

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.