Like Tree2214Likes

Xray X4

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-12-2023, 09:53 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Xray X4
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: R Dodge
XRAY X4'22 Helpful tips & setups

Tips:

Installing the hex on the driveshaft - Make 100% sure you have the flat spot lined up on the axle with the cutout in the hex as shown in the manual. If you do not do this, it will make disassembly so much harder. The flat spot is there so you can fit a flathead screwdriver in between the shaft and the c-clip to pop it off when you want to remove the hex. Also, when removing the c-clip I would recommend pointing it down into your pit mat/towel so the clip does not go flying and disappear.

Assembling the upper arms - Make sure to grease the threads on the camber screw (302640). This will make assembly and camber adjustments much easier. Also, when adjusting camber you want to make sure you hold the upper arm so it does not twist while you turn the screw.

Droop - It is important to remove the shocks. All team setup sheets will show droop settings with shocks removed. Simply detaching them from the arm will do. This is a change from how we set droop in the past.

Setups:

**If the super mods on this forum were actually right, and handled things correctly, they would not have gone back and deleted all the posts to hide things

***And since they are in the deleting mood now, they might as well go ahead and just delete all the images of the setup sheet, as originally requested via private comms.

Print Wikipost

Old 08-18-2021, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Because someone mentioned that Alexander teased it, I’m pretty sure it will be some kind of TC, and since a few people mentioned it, I wonder if this will be their take on a “super-LCG” chassis like the AMX.

Serpent took a stab at it a few years ago with their Project 4X. I heard it was a really good chassis on some surfaces, but not all… Maybe it’s Xray’s turn now?
Old 08-18-2021, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I asked what class it is, and I was told it had four wheels. Based on that I guess a direct competitor for the Tamiya trike is out of the question . 4wd 1/8E pan car is the leading contender in speculations amongst my circle of racers. For what it's worth.
Lonestar likes this.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My bet is a new touring car, with lower arms similar to AMX and Mugen, as well as a few other modifications. Pretty sure I saw a picture of this last weekend.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tbrymer
My bet is a new touring car, with lower arms similar to AMX and Mugen, as well as a few other modifications. Pretty sure I saw a picture of this last weekend.
I think if you put money on that you'd end up a winner.
Old 08-19-2021, 04:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
I asked what class it is, and I was told it had four wheels. Based on that I guess a direct competitor for the Tamiya trike is out of the question . 4wd 1/8E pan car is the leading contender in speculations amongst my circle of racers. For what it's worth.
Would it be a replacement for the RX8E then?
Old 08-19-2021, 05:41 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Anyone know why Bruno and Alex have not been going to the ETS races lately?
Old 08-19-2021, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Anyone know why Bruno and Alex have not been going to the ETS races lately?
I was looking at the rules to see if a prototype care isn't allowed. The ETS rules do not state anything of the sort, however there may be too many eyes at those races for them to test with. If it is a new TC platform I suspect that xray would want to take their top TC drives and get the most experience with it. A "pre-production" version of the car, that way Bruno and Alex can come out swinging with the new platform, vs having little experience with the new platform, while racing the old one.

With the announcement of the t4 22 part number I wonder if it is going to be a innovative car vs a standard car. I don't know how large the total TC market is, but I would suspect most "serious" racers in the USA that run or will run Xray will purchase this new innovative version.

Also I wonder how much market share Xray have lost over the years, or maybe they've gained some? It seems that xray has had the longevity that most brands have not had.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Quote from ETS website article "They will not travel to Germany because of the quarantine regulations in their home country Portugal". Probably a requirement to quarantine for 10+ days when they returned so not worth it. https://www.eurorcseries.com/ets/202...andernach-ger/ Alex used to live in the UK I think so not sure if he's moved out to Portugal now, could be wrong
Old 08-19-2021, 06:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
I was looking at the rules to see if a prototype care isn't allowed. The ETS rules do not state anything of the sort, however there may be too many eyes at those races for them to test with. If it is a new TC platform I suspect that xray would want to take their top TC drives and get the most experience with it. A "pre-production" version of the car, that way Bruno and Alex can come out swinging with the new platform, vs having little experience with the new platform, while racing the old one.
FWIW they have been racing in other big events during the same time frame.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Care to share that pic with the rest of the class?
Old 08-19-2021, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina
Care to share that pic with the rest of the class?
Someone showed me a picture on his phone of the car. It was from the rear and appeared to be XRAY with lower rear carbon arms like mugen/ax. I was busy fixing my car at the time he showed me so just looked at it for like 5 seconds. I said way cool, can't wait to buy one... And then continued working on my car.
Old 08-19-2021, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Someone showed me a picture on his phone of the car. It was from the rear and appeared to be XRAY with lower rear carbon arms like mugen/ax. I was busy fixing my car at the time he showed me so just looked at it for like 5 seconds. I said way cool, can't wait to buy one... And then continued working on my car.
ah bummer. I was just giving you a hard time BTW
Old 08-19-2021, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

👀
Old 08-19-2021, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asirolli

👀
Wow that’s a close knock off
asirolli likes this.
Old 08-19-2021, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by asirolli

👀
Xpress XQ10 with new shock mounts.

https://www.redrc.net/2021/07/x-squa...pper-bulkhead/
asirolli and gigaplex like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.