Like Tree361Likes

Xray X4

Old 09-13-2021, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

What else can we do until they release more info/pics.

The last video released could have been about literally any new car produced. It gave zero details.

No one is ever going to push anything even remotely negative about their new products.

Donít get me wrong, Xray makes quality products with great support. But they market just like Apple claiming innovation when they really just tweaked (but made substantial improvements on) existing ideas, making everything flashy and bright too ok distract from this, and when there are real issues in design(T4-20 bumper/chassis, top deck w/ motor rub), itís the end users problem to correct, they made no errorÖ So when they make videos like they did, it invites mockery.

But hey, it got everyone talking, and that was the true goal. Congrats xray. Congrats
Lonestar, Dan, Andy_F and 2 others like this.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMO that video unfortunately was really kinda useless. We learned absolutely nothing useful about the car (yes, yes, except that it's easy to drive) And so yes, I will continue to mock them for stuff like that. But not out of spite or hatred or anything like that. I'm still a big(!) fan of Xray's products and that is not going to change anytime soon. But I am not a die-hard Fanboy who agrees with everything they do. However, I will very likely praise them for their final presentation, when it's out. They have - in my personal opinion - the very best internet product presentations in the whole RC industry - at least the best I know. And I am still very curious about the new car. Not quite excited, but definitely curious. And it's quite likely that I will end up buying it (presuming that I like it - also quite likely.)
Old 09-13-2021, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
What else can we do until they release more info/pics.
We could stop commenting on this thread?
Old 09-13-2021, 03:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
and take away our amusement at reading the comments.

Iíve never liked these drawn of releases of vehicles. I remember more then a few on the basher side just turned in name calling, to be polite. I get the idea that the long, slow delay is supposed to generate interest. But it never seems to work they way.
Lonestar likes this.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Yep. We could continue guessing / discussing what the X4's design is going to be or what we are hoping for.
This thread needs split into "Discussion about the X4" and "I hate XRAY's marketing department" threads.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

None of it makes any sense... The ones pissing and moaning, also even taking shots are acting like babies. Last time I checked XRAY is marketing their own brand and business, not yours...
mrreet2001 likes this.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Donít worry, thereís a whole lot more of us excited about this launch frequently checking Facebook, the Xray website and here for the next release of X4 information.

The majority of people, like me, will just read this thread and not post anything so you donít see usÖ.but this time Iím posting a message!

I canít wait to see whatís coming!

Originally Posted by bertottius View Post
Is this what this thread has turned into? Nothing but mockery? Seems par for the course industry wide I guess
mrreet2001 and gom like this.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
and take away our amusement at reading the comments.

Iíve never liked these drawn of releases of vehicles. I remember more then a few on the basher side just turned in name calling, to be polite. I get the idea that the long, slow delay is supposed to generate interest. But it never seems to work they way.
Be glad then that you aren't in the market for a new Tesla Roadster.
Lonestar, Billy Kelly and gigaplex like this.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

A little more insight into the rear suspension. The attachment of the lower control arms is visible. Seems to be similar to the MTC2.
No front upper control arms can be seen through the glass.

Image was taken from the official ETS website https://www.eurorcseries.com/ets/wp-...-GER-00169.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Xray X4-xray_x4.jpg  
dawgmeat, mrreet2001 and NutDriver like this.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:41 PM
h2e
Tech Regular

Phew, seems they haven't copied my h2e five suspension design I wonder though why no new car design seems to focus on rear chassis overhang... Same issue with the MTC2. Dragging under power?
Old 09-14-2021, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by h2e View Post
Phew, seems they haven't copied my h2e five suspension design I wonder though why no new car design seems to focus on rear chassis overhang... Same issue with the MTC2. Dragging under power?
TA08 has solved this issue on the rear 😉
Old 09-14-2021, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by h2e View Post
The rear chassis overhang isn't really an issue, my chassis doesn't have many scratches there. Most of the scratching is on the nose of the chassis or on the sides where it rolls.
mrreet2001 likes this.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:35 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I like how the T4 '20 and up aluminum chassis have chamfered sides.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

IMHO, all the random babble until XRay decides to pull back the curtain is all in good fun and nothing Iíve never seen before hereÖ Speculation is always fun (as are the off the wall comments), just as long as no one insults anybody.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

https://bit.ly/2Xm8vgk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.