R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle
So...basically you're saying that the FK05 "tweaked" everytime you drove it...Right??
i think that you know the point i was trying to make

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:18 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Quote:
Guess I'm the only one....for now..FK05 for me. I find that the car really works well.
Same here. IMHO I don't care if aftermarket chassis can "fix" the multi flex thing and supposed tweaking. Not everyone agrees that it needs fixing. It's just that I'm not gonna buy new car and then spend third of the money again to modify the chassis. I also like the out-drives better in the 05. But in the T2 it's easier to access diffs and change spur gears.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #33
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
i think that you know the point i was trying to make
No,I don't.
Twin-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #34
Tech Elite

no... my FK05 was not tweaked everytime i put it on the track... however it did tweak more often than my T2, i have on tweaked my T2 once to the point that it was noticeable on the track. @ the novak race, full speed whack in the sweeper which turned into a full speed whack into the brick wall...

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
Old 04-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #35
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I borrowed and ran 19t with the fk05 at snowbirds and the only thing I broke was a steering block and some axle bearings. yes the big ones. I'm hard on things. the car was so much easier to drive then my FT TC3 that I was thinking about buying it till I saw the T2. the only thing that put me off about the FK05 was the maintance. If it hadn't been 6 hours between rounds at Snowbirds I would have been in trouble. I hate belt drives. but I saw how easy the T2 is to work on and said that's the belt drive car for me. I drove it at the Roar Nats and had a less then happy turnout but it wasn't due to the car, I only had it a week so no track time and no setup. but I have since ran it a couple weeks and tweaked the setup for the local track and I'm smoking all but the 2 fast guys at home. and one of them is Eric Anderson. and like Peter said it's a lower CG and different roll center so toss out your normal setups and find something new that works. as for tweak issues I haven't seen them but I do have a pickle chassis and even with low bite on carpet it works great. now as for outdoor I am not sure I want to run my $630 car outside on pavement. 400 kit 100 tamale steering blocks and rear hubs 100 pickle chassis and 30 BMI shock towers. but we'll see.... maybe I'll just sacrafice that FT TC3.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #36
Tech Elite

run the stock chassis on asphalt, it will be better. i dont know why you would want to make your car stiffer for aspahlt... we were all using the 2mm chassis on the FK05 on asphalt...

Old 04-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I like my T2 so much I just sold my 05 and picked up another T2 The T2 is better in every way than my 05... this is for carpet, foam tires.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:18 AM   #38
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
no... my FK05 was not tweaked everytime i put it on the track... however it did tweak more often than my T2, i have on tweaked my T2 once to the point that it was noticeable on the track. @ the novak race, full speed whack in the sweeper which turned into a full speed whack into the brick wall...
Which chassis were you running to basically stop the tweak with the T2??
I see Team Pickle's is popular with you....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...88#post2202688

Little misleading don't you think??

At least I can say MY 05 is box stock EXCEPT for the Xray wide upper deck!

Last edited by Twin-Kyle; 04-04-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kyle, whats your beef with the T2, you have made your point but keep attacking people who argue the other way, im sure there are many more happy T2 owners who are doing perfectly well with the stock car.
I for one have no issues, just in america you seem to see lots of aftermarket chassis released, i guess its because you all run carpet/foams...
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:19 AM   #40
Tech Adept

berger...

I have no problem with the T2.

I have a problem with company reps.saying there is no problem with a product when it's know under certain situations there is.(running the car on carpet with the stock chassis)

I also know that Xray has issued revised solid chassis to their team drivers to use but...
they keep telling us there is no problem....misleading.

Just wish they would be honest with their customers.

Why did BMI,Team Pickle's and CRC feel the need to produce top plates, chassis,shock towers etc. if there wasn't some sort of issue with the car??

With the cost of this hobby today,the last thing anyone of us wants to do is spend more than we need to.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Ed Forer is a friend of mine and a fellow speedmerchant team mate, he is the man behind the pickles chassis and i tested the very first production chassis he ever made at the snowbirds... gave him my input, and that was that.

i ended up not ever putting the pickles chassis on my car for the carpet nats... i ran the xray one. i would say that half the drivers at the carpet nats ran a revised chassis (some from xray, some made by paul lemiuex and jim dieter, and it was mod drivers running these) and the other half ran the stock chassis (stock drivers)

why does tamale make aluminum parts for the T2..? why does any company make aluminum parts and carbon parts for the Revo, corally, whatever, why... becuase they are aftermarket part companies and thats what they do

team drivers are always going to have revised parts to test, thats why the factory sponsors a team. to make sure that their product makes a good showing at competitions and to do research and development. would you rather that companies like xray and corally not test new parts... and never make the cars any better..? if they did that, the TC3 would probably still be on top...

Old 04-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #42
Tech Initiate

Quote:
RcCzarOfOld,stormperson:

I sold my T2 before I ran it.Took one look at the finished product and knew it had to go.
So your complaining about all these tweak problems and the chassis not being stiff enough when you have never ran the car?

Recently I've been doing club meetings and practising ready for the BRCA Nationals last weekend, I didn't notice any tweak problems on the track, so I didn't bother checking the car. When it came to the day before the first BRCA National I checked the car over, took the bodyposts off and checked if the shock towers and chassis were aligned properly, no problem at all. Then I put it onto a Hudy Tweak Station, no problem again.

I haven't had any tweak issues, and most of the people I know haven't either.

Jonny

Last edited by Jonny Aird; 04-04-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Jonny Aird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:26 PM   #43
Tech Adept

peter...
I understand what your saying but...
Xray marketed the the T2 as a one chassis for all applications and that the car was completely resistant to tweak.

Most bought the car for these reasons alone,save money by NOT buying a new chassis for this or that...
Turns out,thats not the case.
When brought up on open forums,we're told by reps,"there is no problem"frustrating the consumer even further.

When concerns arise,addressing the issue by saying"We are aware of it and working hard to correct it."is far more comforting then saying "there is no problem.."
Old 04-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Aird
I think your taking the piss.
What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Aird
Your local club will never get upto the same grip level that is at the Birds, so why do you need to make your car as stiff as the people at the Birds?

Jonny
I don't recall saying anything about wanting to make the car "stiff as people at the birds??"
Old 04-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #45
Tech Initiate

Ok, sorry about the chassis stiffness, I'll edit my post.

Although I still can't see how you can complain about the tweak if you have never raced the car?