Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
25.5T touring car >

25.5T touring car

Like Tree127Likes

25.5T touring car

Old 04-07-2021, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Which class or two are we going to cancel to make room for this one? Kill 17.5 and 21.5 TC?

Why not just race USGT or VTA. If the VTA guys complain about newbs, start hacking the F out of them every chance you get. Let them cry. If they can't outmaneuver a newb, then they just plain suck and deserve it.

It's VTA! Touring cars with floppy tires. It shouldn't be a serious class. Has anyone actually watched real touring car racing? It's a complete hackfest like Nascar, Dirt Oval, carting, etc. It's as legit a sport as WWE wrestling is.

If your local track is giving you a hard time as a newb in VTA or USGT then you should call them out on it. If there wasn't 30 different classes, then there would be enough racers in one class so that the slower racers have a B main.

I can't think of a single carpet track that really gives newbs a hard time. Like described in this thread.

I have seen 12th scale stock racers fail to adjust their lines for traffic and completely butseks the newb drivers in that class. But their tantrum is more about them being upset with themselves, not you.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 04-07-2021 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

None. Just add another heat to each round. It would most likely be a local class only.

I get why 21.5TC started. With USGT moved to a spec motor. Not everyone had made the move to new motor. I’m undecided.

Now if/when VTA follows USGT and moves to a spec motor.

Old 04-07-2021, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Let's make brushed motor TC class as well.
.....and a TC class with the 21.5 spec usgt motor.
....maybe a silver can class also.
....and a brushless Eurotruck class with functional shocks and sealed diffs.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Which class or two are we going to cancel to make room for this one? Kill 17.5 and 21.5 TC?

Why not just race USGT or VTA. If the VTA guys complain about newbs, start hacking the F out of them every chance you get. Let them cry. If they can't outmaneuver a newb, then they just plain suck and deserve it.

It's VTA! Touring cars with floppy tires. It shouldn't be a serious class. Has anyone actually watched real touring car racing? It's a complete hackfest like Nascar, Dirt Oval, carting, etc. It's as legit a sport as WWE wrestling is.

If your local track is giving you a hard time as a newb in VTA or USGT then you should call them out on it. If there wasn't 30 different classes, then there would be enough racers in one class so that the slower racers have a B main.

I can't think of a single carpet track that really gives newbs a hard time. Like described in this thread.

I have seen 12th scale stock racers fail to adjust their lines for traffic and completely butseks the newb drivers in that class. But their tantrum is more about them being upset with themselves, not you.
It's clear, 17.5 TC will be gone in a few years
Highside20 likes this.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
It's clear, 17.5 TC will be gone in a few years
Indoors only for sure
Old 04-07-2021, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Won't break my heart. Mod is gone over here. Trade away mod and 17.5, for 25.5.

Outdoors season is all Nitro and dirt for me.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Zerodefect, I want to see you post that in the VTA forum! I wanna watch everyone lose their minds when you tell them VTA isn't a serious class. Just warn me ahead of time, I'll need popcorn.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
To win a regional race of toy cars? To get an incredible plastic cup to add to their collection? These are specimens lol

Are they also posing on Monday morning that they beat 11 yo boys over the week-end? lol

In this case I can't do nothing.
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
To win a regional race of toy cars? To get an incredible plastic cup to add to their collection? These are specimens lol

Are they also posing on Monday morning that they beat 11 yo boys over the week-end? lol

In this case I can't do nothing.
DYLAN FUGE was the 11 year old that beat all the adults in the 25.5. touring car class at snowbirds. So there is that.

and as a 35 year rookie sportsman and have ran a successful track for 9 year. I had guys that wanted to run mod when we were running 17.5 as stock back in 2011 or so. I told them they can run mod but they need to bring it as a second class. I will not have people cannibalizing the stock class to make another. but that was me as a track owner trying to get the greatest fill in classes. this was when VTA was 21.5 so there was a difference in speed to the stock class so that was the beginner class. but my over logic was more fill more fun. it's hard enough as a track owner to get people in but I did have rule I tried to apply 5 make a class so when 2 guys wanted a F1 class they had to get 3 others to run. when people are racing against themselves it gets boring which most smaller classes degrade to. I even did body specific points series in USGT that even if you didn't have the body you still ran together but the points were only counted for the drivers with the specific body.

more fill more fun.
​​​​​​​
ASM, jiml, Metalsoft and 1 others like this.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
more fill more fun.
100% agree!

The other hard part being organize races that will interest young drivers without the old mustaches away lol

I would fully understand if a young driver is not interested into obsolete car bodies and floppy tyres lol
Old 04-19-2021, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

So I was wrong. After a few weekends of racing 25.5 it is actually a blast. Close fun racing that are faster than USGT and VTA but slower that 21.5 TC.

we are having a great turnout and fantastic racing.

jiml, mrreet2001 and NutDriver like this.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Metalsoft View Post
So I was wrong. After a few weekends of racing 25.5 it is actually a blast. Close fun racing that are faster than USGT and VTA but slower that 21.5 TC.

we are having a great turnout and fantastic racing.
Well, there ya go...
Old 04-20-2021, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Can we axe 21.5TC as well?
Old 04-20-2021, 07:49 AM
Tech Prophet

I know you like cutting classes out. And hoping that tracks close. But there far too many of us that have not made the decision to buy the USGT motor. Iím actually really looking to try 21.5TC. Iíll find out in couple weeks if USGT or 21.5 which will be the popular class in my area
mrreet2001 likes this.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

We should probably axe all the classes and run one "Run what You Brung" class. Have one qualifier and one main. Heck we could probably be in and out in less than 30 min.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mrreet2001 View Post
We should probably axe all the classes and run one "Run what You Brung" class. Have one qualifier and one main. Heck we could probably be in and out in less than 30 min.
RC Death Race 2021. Last car running wins

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.