Like Tree17Likes

MST TCR-M

Old 02-18-2021, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up MST TCR-M

Hello guys,

MST is innovating again!

After the success of their FWD convertible chassis, they are adapting it in the M-format.
Max Speed Technology-PRODUCTCARS - ON-ROADTCR-M

The concept remains the same but adaptations have been made to make more compact:

The car remains convertible in FF, MR and RR:

The most innovative part is certainly the McPherson suspensions and the new lower arms:

It is available from now in Europe and Asia, nude or with a beautiful Miata MX5
OSherman and Lonestar like this.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Well this MST design just accomplished the FWD independent suspension with a two gear drivetrain: lowest rotational mass possible in a Fwd car....Bravo!!! Hopefully other manufacturers will take notes....
simple likes this.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Well this MST design just accomplished the FWD independent suspension with a two gear drivetrain: lowest rotational mass possible in a Fwd car....Bravo!!! Hopefully other manufacturers will take notes....
Two and a half years ago you mean?
gigaplex likes this.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

....also left out the "adjustable" part....If you're racing, that's kinda important?

Don't get me wrong, I thinks its very cool. I'm actually considering adding a few to my shelves...But there's several very valid reasons, this suspension/drivetrain isn't seen elsewhere.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

We'll see, I had the same first impression about the previous model, but on asphalt it was pretty easy to leave the 600$ Awesomatix behind... This choice is mainly based on the fact that the original design is not compatible with the size of M-chassis wheels.

McPherson can have disadvantages compared to 2-arms architecture, I'm quite impatient to run it and check if it is a problem or not.

Probably this car won't work as well on black carpet, but that's not where I race. :-)
Old 02-27-2021, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I like the the clean and adaptable layout. Hopefully it will be available in the USA.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

All the Tcr and tcr-m need are very small oil filled dampers and a carbon/aluminum chassis...Yeah I am two and a half year late, but mst needs to improve this design fast to come out of the realm of rtr's. They also have an opportunity to build an F1 with direct drive and rear independent suspension here with the MR layout...You can do it MST !!!

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 03-01-2021 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
All the Tcr and tcr-m need are very small oil filled dampers and a carbon/aluminum chassis...Yeah I am two and a half year late, but mst needs to improve this design fast to come out of the realm of rtr's. They also have an opportunity to build an F1 with direct drive and rear independent suspension here with the MR layout...You can do it MST !!!
It doesn't really need dampers, you can just grease the kingpins like the pancar guys do on their front suspension. Going with a stiffer chassis probably won't help that much either since the rudimentary suspension relies on flex to do some of the work.

The biggest weak point I've found on the TCR is the ball diff quality is garbage. It's very notchy and finding compatible spur gears is a bit of a pain.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
It's very notchy and finding compatible spur gears is a bit of a pain.
The tamiya spur adapter, makes all normal spurs work. It's like a .8mm wall metal bushing that keeps it centered.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
The tamiya spur adapter, makes all normal spurs work. It's like a .8mm wall metal bushing that keeps it centered.
Tried that, most of my spurs still won't work as the holes for the diff balls are too far out for the pressure plate to make good contact.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Tried that, most of my spurs still won't work as the holes for the diff balls are too far out for the pressure plate to make good contact.
Hmm.. I recall having to pick spurs with a smaller number of balls or at least spurs with two rows of ball holes. I forgot about that.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Exactly the problem but also the solution as it makes the drivers equals for the race. Honestly my ball diff has been working perfectly with a 17.5 for a year now, but friend of mine recommended me to try the tamiya bushing to have a slipping spool, it seems to be also a very interesting setup.

And about Aluminium and carbon, its is absolutely useless, I've started to design a conversion kit that looks better, but honestly I'm pretty sure that it will make no difference on the track (and that's cool)
Old 03-10-2021, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Aluminum, carbon chassis and dampers are to get the car off the cheap plastic class rather than performance upgrades...
Also, some ofna diff lock lube in the front diff would smooth it out....
Old 03-16-2021, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

I just finish assembling mine. Compared to the previous version, all the possibilities are documented in the user manual, wheelbase or width...

Even if the car is very short in the front, I will have to remove the front bumper to install my Mini Cooper...

Differential is identical to the "normal" one, smooth and easy to setup. There are a lot of ways to wrongly assemble the car but it is easy to confirm or fix at the end of the build. The only part which is not very practical is the battery support, which is not accepting shorties as is...

Now I have to pick the electronics and let's go to the track!
OSherman and NutDriver like this.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default MST-TCR-M

Just installed electronic to mine.

Planning to run it soon! fitted a 380 brushless.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.