• 1 Post By gimpy racer
  • 2 Post By gigaplex

Another which car thread

Old 01-01-2021, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Another which car thread

Hi all
The same old question of which car to get?

I am looking for a new ride for this year to be racing outdoor asphalt .
I currently run destiny rx10 sr in 13.5 stock.

cost wise with the spares I have it makes sense to buy the 2.0 rx10 however Iím looking for a change.

i was intending to get a t4 or bd10 but one is to much $$ and the other doesnít have good parts support.
So..
due to price and parts supply i have narrowed it down to
xpress xq10
or the
schumacher mi7
however I donít seem to see many if any at my local tracks which makes me wonder how they perform.
are they terrible?
do people not like them ?

I would like peoples opinions on one or the other .
I am not to concerned about having something different to other racers as I usually carry enough spares and enough setup knowledge to get by.

If you have owned one or the other let me know what you think

r_lud likes this.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by damang999 View Post
Hi all
The same old question of which car to get?

I am looking for a new ride for this year to be racing outdoor asphalt .
I currently run destiny rx10 sr in 13.5 stock.

cost wise with the spares I have it makes sense to buy the 2.0 rx10 however Iím looking for a change.

i was intending to get a t4 or bd10 but one is to much $$ and the other doesnít have good parts support.
So..
due to price and parts supply i have narrowed it down to
xpress xq10
or the
schumacher mi7
however I donít seem to see many if any at my local tracks which makes me wonder how they perform.
are they terrible?
do people not like them ?

I would like peoples opinions on one or the other .
I am not to concerned about having something different to other racers as I usually carry enough spares and enough setup knowledge to get by.

If you have owned one or the other let me know what you think

I run the xq10 and itís on par with a t4
xpress are always upgrading their cars and have race teams all over happy to help
also if you an outdoors nut like me and need a wet car the xq2s coming out be great for second car and isnít the cost of an expensive car any questions just ask away
also in uk a full plastic kit of c hubs steering hubs rear hubs and suspension arms all round is about £35 cheap way to get spares package also £8 for one suspension arm for other brands

Last edited by r_lud; 01-02-2021 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would look for a used '18 or '19 Xray T4. The cars are tanks, parts are easy to find and there is a lot of set-up into available.
Old 01-02-2021, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

At one time our track had more xpress cars then X-ray t4 ,might be on par now
we only had 2 mi7
weak points are if your heavy handed (like me ) anti roll bar collars that go into bearings can scrip grub screw threads but for other breakages same as t4 A800 bd10
Old 01-02-2021, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mooby64 View Post
I would look for a used '18 or '19 Xray T4. The cars are tanks, parts are easy to find and there is a lot of set-up into available.
Thanks , I am looking at getting a newer mid mount or mid pulley setup.
I donít think there is much to gain from switching to one of them from the destiny that I have
r_lud likes this.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks , I am looking at getting a newer mid mount or mid pulley setup.
I donít think there is much to gain from switching to one of them from the destiny that I have
You don't need a mid motor car to be fast 😉
Old 01-02-2021, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BEMO2019 View Post
You don't need a mid motor car to be fast 😉
Thatís correct,
Iím just looking for a change
Old 01-02-2021, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default vta

Thatís correct,
Iím just looking for a change
The Express line of cars look good, and the 3Racing S64 seems to getting popular. The S64 is mid-motor.
Old 01-02-2021, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Im running the Mi7 on carpet and so far its fantastic. Builds nice and very solid. The Mi7 thread has lots of setups posted for asphalt. Only downside is parts support. Most places dont carry Schumacher and ordering direct from schumacher is more expensive. Im lucky since we have a local source. Amain does carry a decent amount of replacement parts for the Mi7 but not much for optional stuff.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Looking at the manual the mi7 looks a little complex around the inner hinge pins compared to other vehicles.
is it a pain to work on ? And having carbon would put a lot of stress onto all the plastic mounts , how do they hold up in crashes ?
Old 01-05-2021, 01:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Its not too bad to work on. It does have a couple extra shims on the pins to worry about. Tradeoff for the pins rotating on bearings i guess. The plastic pin supports hold up quite well. I have not broken one yet, only 1 person at our track has so far. They make aluminum pivots but I would sooner break a cheap plastic pivot then a more expensive carbon fiber arm or something. The only pain point is where the lower pivot ball threads into the knuckle. Its just the friction of the threads keeping it there and likes to wiggle loose. I put a drop of thin ca in the knuckle and it seems to help. The aluminum knuckles (front only needed) will fix it permanently.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gimpy racer View Post
Its not too bad to work on. It does have a couple extra shims on the pins to worry about. Tradeoff for the pins rotating on bearings i guess. The plastic pin supports hold up quite well. I have not broken one yet, only 1 person at our track has so far. They make aluminum pivots but I would sooner break a cheap plastic pivot then a more expensive carbon fiber arm or something. The only pain point is where the lower pivot ball threads into the knuckle. Its just the friction of the threads keeping it there and likes to wiggle loose. I put a drop of thin ca in the knuckle and it seems to help. The aluminum knuckles (front only needed) will fix it permanently.
cheers for the info
Old 01-06-2021, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Xpress XQ10 is a great car. Another one you might want to look into is the ARC R12. From what I've seen of the Mi7 locally, the stock guys love it but the mod guys are finding durability issues with it.
moparSRT and r_lud like this.