• 5 Post By OSherman
  • 2 Post By sosidge
  • 4 Post By smirkracing
  • 1 Post By lastplace

Tacon Pursuer? Anyone know the OEM?

Old 12-02-2020, 05:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Questions?? Tacon Pursuer? Anyone know the OEM?

Hello all,

Iím interested in buying a 1/10 on road car for some impromptu (and basic) parking lot racing with my friends. I stumbled onto the Tacon Pursuer. I love the look of the car, but have some concerns.

The car uses a 380 size brushless motor. Any disadvantages to running a 380 besides reduced torque?

Iím concerned about future parts availability, since Nitro RCX loves to discontinue models. Has anyone seen this chassis before, maybe sold under another brand? I searched for a 1/10 on road chassis that utilizes a 380 motor, figuring that was fairly unique, but found nothing.

If anyone has ever seen one in person, please let me know. You tube turned up very little.

https://www.nitrorcx.com/25c006-10-p...brushless.html
Old 12-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice rear wing
Lonestar, simple, Flygio and 2 others like this.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OSherman View Post
Nice rear wing

guess that a model ready for packaging so wing not bent ,not a photo lol
Old 12-03-2020, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

If your just running in the street or parking lot get a tamiya cheap can get parts and can be upgraded or even raced in some series eg tt01 or tt02
the motor looks like it canít take a 540 can motor so if electrics go pop u will have to shop about and if shop stopped stocking a lot of models before u will find it hard to find parts else where and answers ur question good chance of no after service (parts ) not a good buy
Old 12-03-2020, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

The fact that there is almost no information on this car on the web, combined with the fact that they didn't even realise the wing was attached upside down in the photos, indicates it is junk.
redmonster27 and NutDriver like this.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just get a Traxxas 4tech for the same money.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

notice how no-one is answering your question - aren't you glad you asked?

(having said that, I would also recommend you stay away from what is likely a POS... I would ALSO recommend you stay away from Tamiya's non TRF models, yes I am going to get shot-down by the Shizuoka-squadders but I don't care, I know what I'm talking about as opposed to most TT01/TT02 believers (notice I say "most") who are speaking with a foot in their mouth. Check out the "cheap touring car" thread or whatever it's called for more info about suitable cars that will do the job fine. Last option, a used T4 from a couple of years ago...)

Last edited by Lonestar; 12-05-2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think all the info you need is in the link you provided. Including driving footage (with wing upside down)

Call Nitro RC
Old 12-04-2020, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I believe the OEM is LC racing. All the other Tacon vehicles in this line-up (the Bulwark, Cavlary, Soar, etc) are the LC Racing equivalents. These are generally 1/14 to 1/16th vehicles.

LcRacing | ????

The "Pursuer" is likely the EMB-WRC.

LC Racing has plenty of coverage on RCTech with several very long threads, and of course Youtube has many vids.

I have several of their vehicles and the build quality is well above average. Nothing like a Tekno, of course, but for the price and size etc, they're good vehicles.

You might just grab the actual LC vehicle (easy to buy from https://casterracingmi.com/ or from Riptide Racing). Parts are easy to get and have been in good supply for at least the three years I've owned these vehicles. The LC line-up is about 90% the same as the Losi Mini 8ight line-up.

There is a fair amount of aftermarket support for these vehicles also.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Make sure your local hobby shop carries replacement parts.
OSherman likes this.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smirkracing View Post
I believe the OEM is LC racing. All the other Tacon vehicles in this line-up (the Bulwark, Cavlary, Soar, etc) are the LC Racing equivalents. These are generally 1/14 to 1/16th vehicles.

LcRacing | ????

The "Pursuer" is likely the EMB-WRC.

LC Racing has plenty of coverage on RCTech with several very long threads, and of course Youtube has many vids.

I have several of their vehicles and the build quality is well above average. Nothing like a Tekno, of course, but for the price and size etc, they're good vehicles.

You might just grab the actual LC vehicle (easy to buy from https://casterracingmi.com/ or from Riptide Racing). Parts are easy to get and have been in good supply for at least the three years I've owned these vehicles. The LC line-up is about 90% the same as the Losi Mini 8ight line-up.

There is a fair amount of aftermarket support for these vehicles also.

You are the man! Exactly what I was looking for. It is definitely this one...

https://rcnewb.com/the-lc-racing-emb...0-touring-car/

Ive been in the hobby since 1987. I have owned high end cars, and plenty of junk. These days, I am really bored with the normal brands and would like to try something new. This just visually appealed to me.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment and help!
Old 12-07-2020, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

LC Racing is a good brand and it will probably be higher quality than most on road RTR's. My only concern with this chassis is the wheelbase is 250mm which limits the body options quite a bit. The Tamiya Porsche 911 is a match but hard to find. The 2850 motor should be plenty.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Just get a S64 or XQ1S, really good STANDARD sized kits that are competitive at any level with good parts support ... Any yeah they are crazy cheap $$$
KIT-ADVANCE-S64 or XP-90006
Old 12-10-2020, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
You are the man! Exactly what I was looking for. It is definitely this one...

https://rcnewb.com/the-lc-racing-emb...0-touring-car/

Ive been in the hobby since 1987. I have owned high end cars, and plenty of junk. These days, I am really bored with the normal brands and would like to try something new. This just visually appealed to me.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment and help!
Unfortunately the LC Racing touring car was discontinued. How long ago, I do not know, but it isnít available via Caster Racing or LC Racing USA.

I have the SCT and MT and can attest to their quality. Value is the real selling point for LC. Is it going to be the best RC? Probably not, but the price you pay for the performance leads to good times.

Aftermarket parts are few, but there are a handful of aluminum parts directly from LC. Check out Ride Low Racing and EAC Engineering (Etsy).