Like Tree1Likes

SERPENT 750E

Old 11-20-2020, 02:24 AM
Tech Initiate

So does it run 10th esc and motor or 1/8th motor and esc.

Would say running a hobbywing xr10 pro with g3 motor work or is that not powerful enough for the class? Seem a confusing car. Understand for the drag racers a good chassis but for circuit racers where does it fit in. If it recommends 1/8th esc and motor then why not just run 1/8th e onroad in either lmp or gt format.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnboy282012 View Post

Would say running a hobbywing xr10 pro with g3 motor work or is that not powerful enough for the class? Seem a confusing car. Understand for the drag racers a good chassis but for circuit racers where does it fit in. If it recommends 1/8th esc and motor then why not just run 1/8th e onroad in either lmp or gt format.
it looks catered to drag racing /speed runs and bashing. People have been modifying touring cars for years with everything this one has.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
I love how when you try and look this up on serpents site, you find nothing. PN SER804013

Yet its on Serpent Americas site with no info and dps-rc.eu as well with little to no info...

Time for Serpent to reinvest in their website
They were likely there, just hidden from view. On occasion, you will get to the page, but with a Permission restriction. Thatís how I accidentally stumbled across the fact that there is an F110 SF5 hiding in the wings last month. Within a day, the parts I had accidentally uncovered went missing.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:32 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Somebody please explain the motor mounts and the so called "power box" to me. The standard version for 10th scale motors is fastened to the chassis at two points, while the one for the bigger 8th scale motors is not attached at the front. Those big motors have more torque, so they should need a more rigid "power box", how is it sufficient with one of its legs missing? And if it is rigid enough without the front chassis mount then why is it there for the small motors?
Old 11-21-2020, 12:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by illmatic94 View Post
it looks catered to drag racing /speed runs and bashing. People have been modifying touring cars for years with everything this one has.
will be a rather pricey car for bashing. Wonít think serpent have released a car for just drag racing and speed runs.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

will be a rather pricey car for bashing. Won’t think serpent have released a car for just drag racing and speed runs.
Because they were enjoying the increase in parts sales from everyone converting Nitro Cars to Drag race with overpowered drivetrains...
illmatic94 likes this.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
Somebody please explain the motor mounts and the so called "power box" to me. The standard version for 10th scale motors is fastened to the chassis at two points, while the one for the bigger 8th scale motors is not attached at the front. Those big motors have more torque, so they should need a more rigid "power box", how is it sufficient with one of its legs missing? And if it is rigid enough without the front chassis mount then why is it there for the small motors?
There is a connection of the motormount plate to the topdeck. So yes the 1/8 motor plate misses a lower attachment (canít use the forward lower point due to the bigger motor diameter) but it is fixed at the front. The 1/10 mount most likely could have done without the 2nd lower point.

https://www.serpent.com/xcart/serpen...anual_750E.pdf

Old 11-24-2020, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Today is a sad day... All my hopes for this car have been destroyed lol

[...]Understand for the drag racers a good chassis but for circuit racers where does it fit in.[..]
Honestly nowhere, the previous model was a little bit heavy but it was nice when it comes to mass repartition and transmission. This model is a huge regression. The LiPO location would really be a disadvantage, especially if you planned to race it on track.
We are far far away from the work done on the 988e...

Last edited by Airwave; 11-24-2020 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

here in the uk we have a 220mm class itís 200mm cars with wider tyres and wedge style shells itís more popular entry at nationals than 200mm touring and look more fun to drive
Indeed this class of circuit racing car is near on the fastest there is. I have a 748e running 3s with a 4.0t 550 motor and it can hustle around a track as well as my 1/8 IC or 1/8e. It's a pity that it's not more popular as it may be a nice intro to those in 1/10 190mm touring that want to get slowly towards 1/8 but feel too daunted by the change in scale and speed.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

I spent a lot of time experimenting on my 748e, the predecessor to this car. I wanted a car thst could outrun a 1/8 on the track but in 1/10 for an experiment. I ended up pretty much achieving it with a 3s battery over 6200mah, using a Thunder Power 4.0t 550 motor and a ZTW 220 amp 1/8 esc. This allowed the car to run and not overheat electronics over around 4 minutes on a track going at the same pace as a 1/8 nitro car.

The interesting thing is my 1/10 electric now drives as well if not better than my 1/8e and is more agile thanks to its size (its converted to 220mm spec).
Old 04-12-2021, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I love the idea of the electric 200mm sedan w foam tires and 4S platform. Speed and traction without having to worry about a pit man is a plus. But yeah, too many classes will be detrimental.