Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

When are these due out again?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 AM   #50
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A bit of a warning about the LRP Sphere, mine burned up after 5 race days at the track, because it was preordered and paid for a month ahead of when I got it when I sent it in for warranty they told me I was over the time limit NO WARRANTY. They wanted $114 for repairs. I told them to throw it into the garbage and they said the had to return it to me, SO THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD $20 TO MAIL BACK A JUNK SPEED CONTROL. Double burn. I used to be the biggest LRP fan but after the way the sphere competition performed and then the way associated treated me I warn everybody of their products.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:02 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I had problems with the Novak (MANY Novak products not just the GTB) so it's LRP or Tekin from here on out.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:13 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I had problems with the Novak (MANY Novak products not just the GTB) so it's LRP or Tekin from here on out.
But did they charge you $20 to mail the garbage home to you.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Old 12-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer
A bit of a warning about the LRP Sphere, mine burned up after 5 race days at the track, because it was preordered and paid for a month ahead of when I got it when I sent it in for warranty they told me I was over the time limit NO WARRANTY. They wanted $114 for repairs. I told them to throw it into the garbage and they said the had to return it to me, SO THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD $20 TO MAIL BACK A JUNK SPEED CONTROL. Double burn. I used to be the biggest LRP fan but after the way the sphere competition performed and then the way associated treated me I warn everybody of their products.
Now thats WHOA! AE/LRP customer service is a bit stand-off-ish. However, I have been told that the 4.5 runs better with the Sphere Competition than it does with the GTB. I am waiting for one of the major magazines to run a test using a sensorless ESC with a sensored motor. AND YES, it can be done.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #54
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
I am waiting for one of the major magazines to run a test using a sensorless ESC with a sensored motor. AND YES, it can be done.
I have tested this many times, with the GM/Orion system you can just program the speedo... Sensor ON or sensor OFF, very easy and neat
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:35 PM   #55
Tech Addict

@Eirik, you're hi-jacking my thread...
Would be interesting to hear your comments about sensored and sensorless operation of your system, which one worked better and why?

@Cammer: sorry to hear about your bad experience! This type of service is definitely not the general case but I can understand your anger and disappointment. Hope you'll give our products a chance again one day and I'm sure you'd like all the latest gear.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Sorry Reto

I will drop you an email tomorrow..
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito
@Eirik, you're hi-jacking my thread...
Would be interesting to hear your comments about sensored and sensorless operation of your system, which one worked better and why?

@Cammer: sorry to hear about your bad experience! This type of service is definitely not the general case but I can understand your anger and disappointment. Hope you'll give our products a chance again one day and I'm sure you'd like all the latest gear.

@ Burrito My bad experiance cost me $320. Thanks for your lipservice and again not looking after your products.

LRP should consider new distribution in North America, it's going to cost you a fortune if you don't. Since my bad experiance with AE, nobody at the local track will buy LRP, they couldn't believe how I was treated. The fellow I pit next to blew up his 3 year old GM SX9 and they sent him a new SX12 for free. Guess what we are all buying next time......

Neil Armstrong 1968
Old 12-12-2006, 02:16 AM   #58
Tech Rookie

Quote:
@ Burrito My bad experiance cost me $320. Thanks for your lipservice and again not looking after your products.

LRP should consider new distribution in North America, it's going to cost you a fortune if you don't. Since my bad experiance with AE, nobody at the local track will buy LRP, they couldn't believe how I was treated. The fellow I pit next to blew up his 3 year old GM SX9 and they sent him a new SX12 for free. Guess what we are all buying next time......

I had the same bad experience with LRP service here in Italy. I've blow my Sphere during a National race in september, I sent the controllor to the local distributor and they sent it to LRP.. but since then my speedo seems to be disappeared, nobody knows when it will be returned..
FrancyXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:35 AM   #59
Tech Apprentice

IT ALREADY HAVE A STOCK IN ASIA (2007 EDITION AND THE X11--6.5/5.5 MOTOR)

http://www.racing11.net/shop/product...oducts_id=2594

http://www.racing11.net/shop/product...oducts_id=2593

http://www.racing11.net/shop/product...oducts_id=2592
initialrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:43 AM   #60
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

I have used LRP stuff for years here in the US and had nothing but stellar service from Associated. I have 2 Sphere Comps now. One didnt run right a couple of months ago. I sent it back and it was repaired (actually replaced) under warranty.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote