LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

olhipster1 , I think your comments are harsh to say the least.
I used a Pulsar charger and blew it up which was totally my fault due to running in cell's , when I sent it back to our supplier in the Uk and told them what I did I was shocked to recieve a brand new pulsar 2 for no charge. I also asked them to check out a QC2 which I thought I was having problems with and again recieved a brand new 1 free of charge.
I hear what you say and you must feel pretty fed up with LRP but I have had fantastic service from them and felt I should maybe give them a thumbs up rather than jump in and put the boot in on a "Lets kick LRP" post.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Overseas

ok...let's go back to this.

LRP customer service overseas is VERY different from US customer service.

You guys don't have to wait until replishement orders come in off the boat..
you guys don't get a more of a limited distribution as we do..
that is a demographic of course..

LRP U.S. ...SUCKS..

Just to solidify...
I have another sphere comp 07....which always runs my uber 13.5 hot...and I don't overgear.
they said i should have sent it in....my statement is why! I need to something to run...I need one back before I send the other one in.

Note...when I buy something and break the pack open...I don't put the product under a microscope to look for stress points and or fractures.

Never LRP again.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

OK , I (again) see your point. Us overseas people must get a much better back up service from LRP than you guy's do.
So for all UK reader's go straight out there and buy LRP products with confidence.....But stay away from imported products as we dont get much of a service from those either.
I guess this is the water between us that makes things a little difficult and I think the water was there before LRP was established.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Legend

Default OlHIpster 1

If I broke my motor tab , I would suck , not the product ....
Old 05-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

come on guys , calm down , or i will get my weapon for the 3rd world war " LRP's VS Anti-LRP's"

a friend of mine "managed" to broke the rotor at 2 pieces. was it his fault?? maybe... but maybe was a product missfuction or problem of the material!!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default HAHAHA...comedy central.

Funny...how some individual...try little silly personal based comments.

People can take it as a experience with LRP customer service..
or as a personal attack...or whatever..

I posted...read it...or ignore it..
i don't care...

back to Novak.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by olhipster1

I posted...read it...or ignore it..
i don't care...
i totally agree!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by olhipster1
Just to solidify...
I have another sphere comp 07....which always runs my uber 13.5 hot...and I don't overgear.
they said i should have sent it in....my statement is why! I need to something to run...I need one back before I send the other one in.

Note...when I buy something and break the pack open...I don't put the product under a microscope to look for stress points and or fractures
Hmmm I think your just disappointted 'you' managed to damage it within only a few runs. If it was just stressed or fractured it would still take an impact or more stress in some way putting on it before it broke surely??

The customer service you have received is poor but I can see it from there side tbh
Old 05-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default stress

ok.
am I dissapointed a new speedo is down the tubes (100 + $$$$) ....of course...
is it going to be the end of the world....No
Reality is if I need to buy a replacement brushless speedo then I will. (won't be LRP)

but I refuse to pay for replacements or service work (not 1 red cent) ...if the unit just doesn't stand up in quality.
Just like with my GTB I sent the product in with my CC info because I knew it was my fault...i was willing to pay without hesitation.

As I told em...THROW it away...I wouldn't even pay to ship it back.

1. I called two weeks ago to see if they received the unit...LRP confirmed receipt....said it was sitting for the next shipment of speedos to come in.
before they looked at it.

2. number 1 didn't make sense to me, they could have told me back then they were not going to replace. Instead of making me wait.

3. They called and wanted to make sure that I really was serious about throwing the unit away....they want to cover their butts of course.

4. Offer me a replacement option at a price..No thanks.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Dude you don't make sense !

Just get the replacing unit at a price and sell it on Ebay, you'll end up losing less money.

What is it you want LRP to do ? They didn't bend your solder tab, and it wasn't bent when you bought the unit, so it has to be you. If you read the warranty, you'll see that you aren't covered for things like that, and Novak won't cover things like that either.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Legend

Default I`m nuts about Lrp ...

The new 2007 Lrp Competition is the most advance, best performing ESC I`v ever use in my whole R/c career.....

Lrp is real Kool too .....

Thanks for the best ESC ever LRP !!!!!

Old 05-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if i run a brushed motor with my sphere tc, i simply have to remove the sensor wire,solder on a brished motor with the A&B motor wire to the neg and the C wire to the pos and run it right? i know thats what it says in the manual but i just wanna be extra sure that its that simple .... dont wana smoke the esc.

oh, and when running brushed motors, i assume schotky diode would be required? i have the novak ones, those should do fine right?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys... need a little help here.

My setup; TA05; LRP Eraser 9.5T; LRP Sphere Comp 2007 Ed; Center one way; Asphalt racing.

Have been using brushed motor, just switched to BL for its obvious benefits.
BUT, I am missing on the drag brake which brushed motor can offer.

Have been fiddling with the 'automatic brake' mode on the sphere. From 0 - 6, still achieve no drag brake. What I need to do to achieve some form of brushed mot feel?

1) Have I been fiddling with the wrong mode? I am sure the Sphere can offer much more. Please help!

(the folllowing two questions will digress a little from the thread topic)

2) i think the one-way plays a part in this. Is it not advisable to use one-way for BL motor?
3) Do I have to use spool or direct coupling? What is the difference anyway?

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all, i Just used my brand new 2007 tc spec sphere with a checkpoint brushed motor. It worked perfectly for around 3 minutes, then just stopped. It was flashing a red and yellow light in the mode led. I checked the temperature and it did 21 flashes so definately not thermalled.

I tried to reset it when i got home, which it decided to start running the motor in reverse and refused to setup correctly. I left it for 1 hour and reset it and it works ok. I have just installed a brushless motor and it works ok except for the extreme low range, when it does the same red and yellow flash. It seems to think that the motors are jammed but they both work peferctly with my Nosram Dominator Matrix Evo.

Any Suggestions please?

thanks, john
Old 05-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Initiate

You should set the esc in NiMh mode and not Nimh/lipo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.