Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700) >

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Old 04-22-2007, 02:41 PM
  #406  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I`m not positive but it seems you thermaled...(Too hot)..

Check gearing
Check if you have the ADPC mode (mode 2), if it is set to high...

Use the heat sink ...
hmm it was pretty cold those days, maybe 15 degrees (celsius), and i was not really pushing it to the limit and TC spec comes with heatsink and fan preinstalled soi hardly can imagine that the damn thing burnt

ADPC mode is set to 2, initial brake is 0 and automatic brake 1
omoser is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 02:44 PM
  #407  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
Do you experience any glitching???
If you have changed the timing than may be a timing problem otherwise no.
But if you have any other motor that you can try then try it , it maybe is a motor prob.
no i did not change the timing of the 4.5T, i should receive a Vortex 3.5 in some days and check whether its the motor or not. I dont really experience any glitching, its just that the leds sometimes flicker at neutral position.

Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
But before all these set again your speedo and set again the modes and don't use any expos at throtle -brake at the transmitter and if you can, set speedos drag and initial brake at 0!!
hehe that was the first thing i tried, unfortunately without any success
omoser is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
  #408  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
yeap i had the same problem but at the same time that the leds got crazy the motor lost power and the ok and then again lost power..

Don't want to scare you but if you experience this only at FULL throtle then it is speedo' problem!!

I had my ISTC (nosram) burnt at the second battery after all this that you describe...
well... you scare me i actually do not experience this "flickering behavoiur" at full throttle only, but also when slowly accelerating. and even better, there is one more strange situation: Sometimes, the rotor stops and when i hit throttle again nothing happens except the MODE LED blinking red+yellow and the SET LED is constantly blue.

I tried a lot of things, even switch from spektrum DSM to normal FM radio to see if there is any difference...

So you think the speedo is broken? Should i disassemble the motor and check if there's something broken? This is my first brushless season so i have no idea where to start

thank you very much for your help!
omoser is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 02:57 PM
  #409  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 156
Default

ah yeah forgot one more thing, it may no make any difference but it's a Nosram TC Spec, not the blue one
omoser is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 04:32 PM
  #410  
AI2
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13
Default

Hey oliver

i've seen that before, it was a bad sensor connection, so check that the sensor cable is ok. Otherwise it could be a bad hall sensor inside the motor! In which case you have to send it in for service. best way to check this is to try it with another motor.

hope this helps.
AI2 is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 05:00 PM
  #411  
Tech Regular
 
Ballsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hamilton, United Kingdom
Posts: 354
Default

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
Hey Burito,
do you know what profile of the TC spec that Surikarn runing in TITC since he runing orion brushless combination with TC spec?
I'd like to know the answer too
Ballsie is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 07:40 PM
  #412  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 121
Default

HI OMOSER

I think is the motor problem, in Hong Kong , the first batch X11 4.5t have some motor issue, someone broken just a few second racing, someone broken a few pack, someone have problem like your case. We sent all the problem motor to our distributor but I dont know motor have warranty or not. Just waiting the distributor feed back.
G2B Anthony is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 08:27 PM
  #413  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Kenneth Tan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,123
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by G2B Anthony
HI OMOSER

I think is the motor problem, in Hong Kong , the first batch X11 4.5t have some motor issue, someone broken just a few second racing, someone broken a few pack, someone have problem like your case. We sent all the problem motor to our distributor but I dont know motor have warranty or not. Just waiting the distributor feed back.
Hi, all of the problems are related with motors? Nothing with the esc? Thanks.
Kenneth Tan is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 12:47 AM
  #414  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greece , Athens
Posts: 450
Default

Originally Posted by omoser
well... you scare me i actually do not experience this "flickering behavoiur" at full throttle only, but also when slowly accelerating. and even better, there is one more strange situation: Sometimes, the rotor stops and when i hit throttle again nothing happens except the MODE LED blinking red+yellow and the SET LED is constantly blue.

I tried a lot of things, even switch from spektrum DSM to normal FM radio to see if there is any difference...

So you think the speedo is broken? Should i disassemble the motor and check if there's something broken? This is my first brushless season so i have no idea where to start

thank you very much for your help!
you said that sometimes rotor stops. at this point if you pull the throtle nothing happens right??? if simultaneously , pull the throttle and push the car , will it start turning???
Zacharopoulos is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 12:50 AM
  #415  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greece , Athens
Posts: 450
Default

Even if you open the motor you won't find anything , something missfuctions maybe the inside sensor of the motor!!

But if you have any fridthat has a BL and works , try your motor with his speedo and your speedo with his motor. it will be easy to understand what is wrong.

But i would like you to answer my previous question cause i had the prob i described....
Zacharopoulos is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 02:21 AM
  #416  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
you said that sometimes rotor stops. at this point if you pull the throtle nothing happens right??? if simultaneously , pull the throttle and push the car , will it start turning???
yes exactly, and at the same time the MODE LED is blinking red+yellow and the SET LED is constantly blue, maybe this is some kind of error code??
omoser is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 02:43 AM
  #417  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by G2B Anthony
HI OMOSER

I think is the motor problem, in Hong Kong , the first batch X11 4.5t have some motor issue, someone broken just a few second racing, someone broken a few pack, someone have problem like your case. We sent all the problem motor to our distributor but I dont know motor have warranty or not. Just waiting the distributor feed back.
hmm maybe it's really the motor, now that you say it i think the motor sounds different than in the beginning... thanks for the tip! I will try to get hold of another motor and see what happens I'll keep you posted
omoser is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 03:23 AM
  #418  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greece , Athens
Posts: 450
Default

That's exactly the issue , as fas as i know is a problem with the inner sensor of the motor;.... but i haven't heard anything for the 4.5. i had this prob with ONLY 3.5
Zacharopoulos is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 08:59 AM
  #419  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by omoser
yes exactly, and at the same time the MODE LED is blinking red+yellow and the SET LED is constantly blue, maybe this is some kind of error code??
Read your instruction`s .....


The codes are listed ....

Look for the multi-protection system code...
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 03:47 PM
  #420  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Read your instruction`s .....


The codes are listed ....

Look for the multi-protection system code...

hmm there is only one thing about TSD in the instructions, only the Set LED would (should?) flash in this case.
omoser is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.