Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700) >

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Old 04-15-2007, 11:30 AM
  #376  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
Thanks Zach and Bill..you guys been really helpful..but if i could get the original Sphere comp with a 3 star motor for a good price..the esc and motor are in really good condition...is it still worth getting? Kinda like the 2007 edition more though..lol
Skip the older version .....

Get the 2007 ....
cus
It is
bullet proof,

smoother,

more tunable
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 01:22 AM
  #377  
Tech Addict
 
burito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 513
Default

Morning everybody.

I was away at our German TC Indoor Nats, this is why I couldn't respond earlier. Good news, Ronald won using our speedo & motor and Steven Weiß & Christopher Krapp finished 2nd and 3rd using our speedo and Orion brushless motors.

As for reliability and the temperatures:
- forget to check IR temps of the speedo, make us of the "Temperature ReadOut" feature. That's what we designed it for!
- especially when using fans, the outside heatsink temperature is not a very good indication of the inside temperature.
- sintered is definitely much stronger and more reliable then bonded, but everything has obviously it's limits...
- in Thailand the conditions where very extreme and some drivers where forced to run a heatsink while others got away without one (Ronald and Toshiko Hara did not run a fan/heatsink!).
- make sure motors do not reach more then 90°C with sintered and you'll be fine.

Let me know if I missed something...
burito is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 AM
  #378  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 121
Default

Hi Burito

I have checked my TC-spec with the internal temp check system after every race the led fresh also around 19times , even hot sun shine day or night, is it normal ?? Besides, how many fresh is the max? 19 or 20times?

Thanks for your help
G2B Anthony is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 04:32 AM
  #379  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
Funkymojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Posts: 3,452
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Depends on YOUR situation.

My problem with doing that is I don't want anything but the latest technology in my cars. And I can afford doing that...LOL.

Yeah i like the latest technology too..i'm gonna skip the older version and get the 2007 edition for my new 4wd buggy...hee hee
Funkymojo is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 04:35 AM
  #380  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
Funkymojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Posts: 3,452
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Sorry for the double post
Funkymojo is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 04:41 AM
  #381  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
Funkymojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Posts: 3,452
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Skip the older version .....

Get the 2007 ....
cus
It is
bullet proof,

smoother,

more tunable

Thanks for the tip buddy...Any good deals online? I wanna get one and my lhs doesnt have it...
Funkymojo is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 09:31 AM
  #382  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
Thanks for the tip buddy...Any good deals online? I wanna get one and my lhs doesnt have it...
I only buy from my local track.
I never purchase on-line, period....

As it does nothing in support for your local race facility`s ...

and

These new Lrp Competition`s are so popular they sell out almost as soon as they become available...

Suggest you wait until the next batch arrive`s.
I hear it will very soon ...

I`ll bet your local race facility will be all to happy to save one for you ....

Doubt any mail order would do the same ....
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
  #383  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
Funkymojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Posts: 3,452
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I only buy from my local track.
I never purchase on-line, period....

As it does nothing in support for your local race facility`s ...

and

These new Lrp Competition`s are so popular they sell out almost as soon as they become available...

Suggest you wait until the next batch arrive`s.
I hear it will very soon ...

I`ll bet your local race facility will be all to happy to save one for you ....

Doubt any mail order would do the same ....

Sad to say, the LRP distributor from where i live sucks big time...overpriced and poor after sales service..no way i'm buying any thing from them...guess i'll just have to look online...
Funkymojo is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 09:53 AM
  #384  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
Sad to say, the LRP distributor from where i live sucks big time...overpriced and poor after sales service..no way i'm buying any thing from them...guess i'll just have to look online...
I did say your local race facility .....


I paided a little more as well...

Way better deal in the long run....

Support your local race facility`s, cus with out them, you don`t get to race ...
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 AM
  #385  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
Funkymojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Posts: 3,452
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I did say your local race facility .....


I paided a little more as well...

Way better deal in the long run....

Support your local race facility`s, cus with out them, you don`t get to race ...
I support my lhs and race tracks since 1988 bud...but this particular lhs that deals with LRP products suck big time..had tons of bad experiences all these years hence they are not gonna get a single cent of me...i like the new LRP Sphere comp 2007 edition but i don't wanna get it from this particular local lhs...they've given me bad experiences..no more man..no more...
Funkymojo is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 10:12 AM
  #386  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

I assume racing in Singapore is way different from racing in Seattle....


Perhapes buy from another race facility , if you have one ?


Best of luck ....
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 10:30 AM
  #387  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
Funkymojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Posts: 3,452
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I assume racing in Singapore is way different from racing in Seattle....


Perhapes buy from another race facility , if you have one ?


Best of luck ....
Hi bud...yes Singapore is a very small island..racing here is pretty much the same as anywhere in the world..but we don't have different states and we don't have that many lhs around...thanks for taking the time to reply buddy...
Funkymojo is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 03:15 PM
  #388  
Tech Master
iTrader: (37)
 
DirtyDog3375's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Queenslander
Posts: 1,975
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
Hi bud...yes Singapore is a very small island..racing here is pretty much the same as anywhere in the world..but we don't have different states and we don't have that many lhs around...thanks for taking the time to reply buddy...

Hi Funkymojo,

I have just dealt with Racecraft RC for the first time and they were extremely good to deal with. Great communication, Great service and Super fast delivery (to Australia). Plus they had stock of LRP and Orion stuff no-one else had (b/l stuff).

Leonard.
DirtyDog3375 is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 04:50 PM
  #389  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
Funkymojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Posts: 3,452
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Hi Funkymojo,

I have just dealt with Racecraft RC for the first time and they were extremely good to deal with. Great communication, Great service and Super fast delivery (to Australia). Plus they had stock of LRP and Orion stuff no-one else had (b/l stuff).

Leonard.

Yup Racecraft RC is a great store and owner BK is a nice chap...did check with him regarding the new Sphere comp 2007 edition...no stock for it...but after reading about LRP after sales service, saw many Sphere went up in smoke and had a friend waiting for a year to get back his Quantum esc...i am having second thoughts...Cheers mate
Funkymojo is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 06:48 PM
  #390  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

When I got my 2007 Edition I've put on the heat sink (because it looked cool ) and I used the double sided tape they included in the package. Now I have weight and balance issues but heat wasn't an issue with my 13.5 and 4300 so I want to get rid of it. The tape looks pretty strong to me. Is there a method LRP can recommend for removing the sink? I don't want to damage my ESC...
cvt01 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.