LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Mark, have a word with Keith - he took a pic of my car at Plymouth with it fitted. If i get chance this week, i'll try and drop it back in and take a pic and mail it to you. I ran the cap as it came.

As for reciever pack - it's no problem. Just leave esc switched off and switch pack on.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

See attached. I actually got it a little cleaner looking this weekend (shortened the servo and speedo wires and used orings instead of zip ties around the motor wires) but don't have pics of that just yet. You could easily run a receiver pack on the receiver side where I have the lead. It would help balance out the car also.

Originally Posted by MarkBurgess
For those running the 2007 Sphere Comp in 1/12th, any tips on wiring and fitment?

Lighter wires are presumably ok? And I assume the power cap is left on, and tucked away somewhere neat ;-)

I've fitted a Novak GTB before, so have some experience of fitting the power and sensor wires.

And any tips on running a receiver pack with that speedo?

Cheers,
Mark
Attached Thumbnails LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)-1.jpg  
Old 02-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default How Hot

Hi Burito,

please let me know which are the maximum advised temperatures for the "Regler" Sphere compeitiomn and for the motor X11 (#50691).

Be aware I will be measuring it with a infr red pistol.

thanks in andvance

Old 02-22-2007, 03:39 AM
YAH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Stock brushless motor?

Originally Posted by burito
@roborat: sorry, I can't be of much help on that. I'm working in R&D and not sales so I actually don't know who got TC-Spec's already! Also I'll be leaving to the TITC in Thailand tomorrow, so I can speak to our sales guys about it...
It might be the best you check with your countries LRP distributer, you can find their contacts at www.lrp.cc

@nnick: read my posts mate...
We're already shipping TC-Spec's since last week, it might take 2-3 more weeks until all backorders are fullfilled tough but we're regularily sending them out now.
Hi Burito,
Sorry to bug you. I just wonder if LRP has any plan to make a brushless motor similar to the Novak 13.5 that is stock equivalent?
Reply when you can. There is no hurry. I am still in thinking stage of transition.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YAH
Hi Burito,
Sorry to bug you. I just wonder if LRP has any plan to make a brushless motor similar to the Novak 13.5 that is stock equivalent?
Reply when you can. There is no hurry. I am still in thinking stage of transition.
LRP does have 13.5 motors, in fact they have 2 motors. One is in the Vector X-11 line and one in their Eraser budget line.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks jrighter - the soldering iron will be on tonight, and that helps me thing about placing and wiring.

Cheers Matt - I mean to ask at the 19-turn GP, but racing got in the way! You'll see the results on Sunday ;-)

Thanks
Mark
Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 AM
The Evicerator

Reto,

How fast will my Frog go with a 4.5 turn motor in it... ?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello guys,

Can you please tell me if my LRP Competiton will hold the new x11 4,5T motor.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:01 PM
MrC
Tech Initiate

Burito is currently at the TITC, so he cannot watch this thread all the time. I will try to help out a bit.

Originally Posted by NoEffects6
Newb to brushless. Why do some people run their Sphere's with a mini reciever pack? Is this necessary?

Thanks
No, the receiver pack is not necessary unless you are running on 4-cells and your battery dumps at the end of the heat. Then a receiver pack can be handy, because your receiver won´t be effected by the low BEC voltage caused by the dumping battery.

Originally Posted by Scott B
Burito, If im going to use my 2007 sphere for a brushed motor do I still need to run a schotty diode??
No, there is no shottky diode necessary.

Originally Posted by Evicerator
Reto,
You start with sub-light speed then move on to light speed, followed by ridiculous speed and finally your frog reaches ludicrous speed. Be sure to use a seat belt for your own safety before reaching ludicrous speed.

Best regards,
Andy
LRP electronic
Old 02-22-2007, 02:03 PM
MrC
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nelarozi
Hello guys,

Can you please tell me if my LRP Competiton will hold the new x11 4,5T motor.
Yes, this will work, but be sure to use a fan on the heatsink.

Best regards,
Andy
Old 02-22-2007, 02:14 PM
The Evicerator

Thanks Andy!

That's just what I thought!

Any Spaceballs fan is a friend of mine!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evicerator
Reto,

If you do ever throw the 4.5 in it.. you'd better have some friends standing around with a video. And then you'd better post it here!!

(Might be a good idea to bring a box with you.. for .. the "parts" left over afterwards.. )
Old 02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
YAH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Smile Thanks

Thanks andsetinn.

I presume the LRP Vector X-11 is also ROAR approved just like the Novak 13.5!?

I have also just looked at LRP website and they only list 4.5 to 7.5 turns for the Vector X11 line. Cannot find the Eraser line. What are the actual part numbers? Who is selling them online or in Australia where I am?

Originally Posted by andsetinn
LRP does have 13.5 motors, in fact they have 2 motors. One is in the Vector X-11 line and one in their Eraser budget line.

Last edited by YAH; 02-22-2007 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling and rechecking LRP website
Old 02-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Burito,

Can you please tell us the gearing and speedo setup profile that Ronald used at TITC?

And if you can say the max temperature alowed of the TC-spec and vector X11 4.5 motor..

Thank's in advance
Old 02-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

rcmart is selling the TC Spec esc. only if i knew it was out now i wouldve waited 2 weeks before i bought the LRP COMP 2007.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.