R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #136
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Just got off the phone with Associated...

The new shipment everyone is waiting for from Lrp has arrived......

Great news
But this shipment is the Sphere Competition 2007 edition (the new80700). Right??? From what I understand the TC edition (80750) wont be out middle or end of february... When will those show up in the US? (considering the 2007 edition is available in Europe from early december I would assume someimes early april )
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #137
Tech Legend

cvt101

Not sure about the on-road Esc ,

do know the new X motors did arrive...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #138
Tech Addict

Yes, this shipment is Sphere Competition "2007 Edition" (#80700).

As I mentioned earlier, the TC-Spec version (#80750) is targeted for a delivery to distributers mid of February. Can't say when they arrive in the US tough, sorry!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #139
Tech Initiate

@burito:
Hello Reto,
I'm from Portugal. I have a question to made to a professional and I think you are the "Man"
In the next 2007 season I will be using (when it's realesed) the new Sphere 2007 TC and brusheless motor. But in Portugal, drivers can choose betweeen 5 cell's(1350gm) or 6 cell's(1500gm), I was thinking if you can help me choosing the best combo...
I know about the advantages of 5 cell... but here in Portugal the championship is made in 5 diferent track's and only one is small and twisty, the other's are quite big and fast. I'm afraid that the other drivers choose 6 cell and be more fast than me...

Another thing that I like to know is about LRP bateries; is the latest LRP 4200 VTEC HV2 Factory Team equivalent to the latest's IB4200 WC?

And will be to much if you can give me some poiter's on ratios to use in a 4.5 and 5.5 motors with 5 and 6 cell on a short twisty track and large and big track?

Sorry for all of my question's, but this year is going the be a big change here in Portugal, and I don't whant to make bad choices...

Thank's for your time

PS - do you think the Sphere TC-spec (80750) will be here on time of the first race (3 and 4 of March) ?
RFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Here's LRP's ad for the new TC-Spec ESC.
anyone know when the TC-Spec Esc will arrived United States.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #141
Tech Regular

Josh H, Thanks for the info, AL

Al Schwarze
MEGAVOLTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:30 AM   #142
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi, I didnt want to start yet another thread on brushless probs so I post in this one.

can anybody tell me what this means:
I'm driving an LRP 3 star in my 1/12th, I noticed some degrading performance the last few weeks but my last battery yesterday felt like I was driving a stock motor...
My battery drains like hell and car isnt accelerating or going to top speed as it used to.
Yesterday at the beginning I had the problem occuring somewhat 3 minutes into a battery but at the end it was constant, horrible!!!

Now, I ordered a sintered rotor cause I think the rotor is dead, but can someone please confirm this??

Thx
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:05 AM   #143
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante
Hi, I didnt want to start yet another thread on brushless probs so I post in this one.

can anybody tell me what this means:
I'm driving an LRP 3 star in my 1/12th, I noticed some degrading performance the last few weeks but my last battery yesterday felt like I was driving a stock motor...
My battery drains like hell and car isnt accelerating or going to top speed as it used to.
Yesterday at the beginning I had the problem occuring somewhat 3 minutes into a battery but at the end it was constant, horrible!!!

Now, I ordered a sintered rotor cause I think the rotor is dead, but can someone please confirm this??

Thx
There is nothing wrong. I suspect you are not running a reciever pack. BL draw a lot of current on start up and this can depress the voltage of a 4 cell pack long enough to activate an anti dump mode in the Sphere Comp. This mode sends reduced power to your motor so you can finish the race on a dumped pack. It feel like a stock motor as you described.

Get a reciever pack and your problems will go away.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #144
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow, is this feature also present in the old sphere??
Would be extremely strange though... havent had a problem with my packs yet, at 20 amps they still test over 1.2V per cell so the packs are ok (all 6 of them). Would be strange this hasnt happened before and my motor setup hasnt changed. I'll take the motor apart and check if there's some magnetism left.
I'll be taking my Novak's 4.5 along when I go out driving next time but I doubt the sphere can hold it.

What happens to a motor if the rotor goes bad??? What symptoms does one get??
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #145
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The sphere competition was out of the stock for a while at towerhobbies. Now it is back in stock . Does anybody know if this is the 2007 edition or the old one? I called them but they don't know since the manufacturers ID number (80700) did not change ( ) and it is not like an LHS so they can't just go to the storage and check (too bad that they have so low prices and discounts ). I hope that there are no more old competitions out there so this may be the new one... Is there a way to find out?
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #146
Tech Initiate

can anyone tell me what is the differance between the 2007 edition to the tc edition ???
yzafrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:55 PM   #147
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

FWIW, Tower currently has (limited) stock of the Competition (presumably the 2007 Edition).
Jason B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #148
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to canto54

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01
The sphere competition was out of the stock for a while at towerhobbies. Now it is back in stock . Does anybody know if this is the 2007 edition or the old one? I called them but they don't know since the manufacturers ID number (80700) did not change ( ) and it is not like an LHS so they can't just go to the storage and check (too bad that they have so low prices and discounts ). I hope that there are no more old competitions out there so this may be the new one... Is there a way to find out?
i'd like to know too, if someone can help
www.mrclongwy.fr
www.petitrc.com
canto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #149
Tech Legend

New soft & hardware....

check the lrp 2007 catalog...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #150
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The version Tower sells (80700) is now the new 2007 Edition. I know this because I received mine today (was backorded since October). LRP did not change the part number in the 2007 edition.
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote