Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree32Likes

SERPENT Medius X20'21

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
1. I need to review my setup sheet (unfortunately, haven’t been able to race this year), but I’m pretty sure I started around there. I’m also dead certain that I increased the droop up front to 2.0mm to get more weight transfer (and hence more bite) on corner exit. So although it may seem different compared to other cars, it works.

2. Hmm, I took a look at the default setup, and it seems that although Serpent has a separate Aluminum kit for the X20 ‘21, they didn’t really update the manual/setup sheet to reflect preferred carpet settings. I’m not sure why that is. I don’t have carpet tracks around me, but right off the bat, you will want to flip the steering hub insert to the raised position vs. the default lower position. Likewise, I suspect that you’ll want the hardest springs anti-roll bars - heck, I used those on a high bite asphalt surface that I last ran on. Because of the axle RC adjustment, I think some people have even experimented with using the front upper arms and steering hubs in the rear to have the same RC adjustments back there.

Anyway, I suggest that you look up “Serpent X20 ETS” on YouTube, where Felix Law went over some of Yugo Nagashima’s setup that he used at an ETS carpet event that they went to last year with the original X20.
Thank you very much for your information. I will work on this car and playing with the flex settings and droop.
Brian10811 likes this.