BEST RADIO

Old 03-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default BEST RADIO

i have a m8 , i have had it for about 12 years and starting to have problem
with glitching so it is time for a new radio what is the best one out there?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

I like either the ko propo ex-10 helios or the futaba 3pk
Old 03-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have you tried new crystals, new receiver, or sometimes a motor can cause glitching among other things.

I had glitching problems a couple years ago and found out it was the servo wires were touching by the receiver(old servos). So make sure to check all electronics.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default tuned?

Like any piece of technical equipment, radios need to be serviced.

Unless you find something obvious like a frayed antenna or bad crystal set as was mentioned, I would give Airtronics a call and give them a chance to inspect the radio.

10-4
TC_Tuner
Old 03-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zinger77
i have a m8 , i have had it for about 12 years and starting to have problem
with glitching so it is time for a new radio what is the best one out there?
Try replacing the module and receiver for a Spektrum system and check the servo and antennae. Or send it in to Airtronics and have them look at it. I have had my M8 for years and don't plan on getting a new radio until it physically breaks, lol.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default ...

sorry XRay, but I don't agree.

I'm a huge fan of Spektrum, but to be honest, they have not had a good track record with their first generation gear. When isolating a problem, you can only substitute with 100% known variables. Plus, I would not introduce any 3rd party gear if your going to try and determine the problem.

There have been good suggestions - but only use gear that you are sure is in perfect working order. Crystals, modules, tx antenna, recievers, etc.

FYI - In one of my electric TC, I had a BAD glitch. I had an M8, and M11 and a pile of radio gear and spent an afternoon swaping one component at a time to find the problem. The car was a Yokomo BD. It glitched so bad, it completly freaked out as soon as I turned it on - totally not drivable at all.

Ended up mounting (with Shoo Goo) the reciever flat to the carbon fiber chassis was the problem. Plunked the rx on top of the steering servo, not a single glitch since.

10-4
TC_Tuner
Old 03-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
sorry XRay, but I don't agree.

I'm a huge fan of Spektrum, but to be honest, they have not had a good track record with their first generation gear. When isolating a problem, you can only substitute with 100% known variables. Plus, I would not introduce any 3rd party gear if your going to try and determine the problem.

There have been good suggestions - but only use gear that you are sure is in perfect working order. Crystals, modules, tx antenna, recievers, etc.

FYI - In one of my electric TC, I had a BAD glitch. I had an M8, and M11 and a pile of radio gear and spent an afternoon swaping one component at a time to find the problem. The car was a Yokomo BD. It glitched so bad, it completly freaked out as soon as I turned it on - totally not drivable at all.

Ended up mounting (with Shoo Goo) the reciever flat to the carbon fiber chassis was the problem. Plunked the rx on top of the steering servo, not a single glitch since.

10-4
TC_Tuner
I'm just saying that if his FM module is faulty, try a Spektrum module. The latest ones work just fine.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have an M8 and an M11. I sold my first M11 to go with a JR version of the KO radio. I wanted the JR version strictly because it was synthesized. I decided on another M11 strictly based on the size of the screen. I really am comfortable with the style of the M8/11 as well.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

The m11 is very comfortable and very reliable. My only gripe is that I cannot access the dual rate switch or the brake end point switch on the fly like your supposed to be able to do because my hands are bigger than normal and there just isn't enough room between the pistol handle and the wheel assembly for my thumb to bend and move it up there.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

One nice thing about the M11 is that you can move the top of the radio away from the gripframe by 1/4-3/8". That should give you plenty of room to access those switches. Just check out the instruction manual on how to do it.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default Brand new M8 with glitching prob!!

hello .... I hear ppl have had problems with the m8 and glitching. How about a brand new m8 that was taken out of the package and installed and ever since, i have had a steering servo glitch when i pull the trigger from neutral to full
Any one got a fix or some help or anything
PLEASE HELP!!
Kyle
Old 03-29-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

i checked every thing rec,esc,servo,motor every time i pull full i start glitching
Old 03-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the Radio I'm waiting to get is Futaba's 2.4ghz HRS system:
to be released in May. check out the reciever.. tiny and no antenna wires...

The 2.4 GHz module features a short aerial, and is installed in the recess in the transmitter in place of the conventional RF module.
The long telescopic aerial is no longer required to transmit the RF signal.
The Futaba SS system is significantly faster in its response time than existing systems, and offers no less than three times faster HRS FM modulation for fast digital servos, in spite of the 2.4 GHz SS system technology.
The RF module can be set to operate using standard FM modulation or the HRS FM modulation process.

Specification::
more Specification:
The PK-FSM 2.4 G RF module can be used in any of the following transmitters:
# Megatech T3PK
# Megatech T3PK(B)
# Megatech T3PKS(B)
# FF-3 (T3VC)
# FF-3 (T3VCS

he ultra-compact 2.4 GHz receiver does not feature an external flexible wire aerial. Instead it is fitted with a pair of special aerials inside the case, offset to each other by 90°; these supersede the conventional aerial.
The new system offers two major advantages: on the one hand, the aerials, offset to each other by 90°, are much less attitude-dependent than any conventional whip or flexible wire aerial. This diversity system also considerably reduces what are known as reception "dead points".
On the other hand the receiver is much easier to install and handle, and it is no longer possible to tread on the aerial accidentally and rip it out.
The receiver automatically detects the type of modulation in use, and can switch between standard FM and HRS-FM modulation.
One special feature offered by the R 603 FF receiver is its integral RS232 port.
This output is intended for use with a frequency scanner program, which can display the frequencies in use on the screen of a PC.
This interface can also be used to carry out detailed fail-safe settings.

Specification:
Channel spacing: 3.00 Weight: 14 g
Channel spacing: 1024 kHz Dimensions: 40x26x14 mm
Voltage: 4.8...6 Volts current: 80 mA
current: 80 mA
Old 03-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That's a radio I will be looking into. No receiver antenna! Nice. I hope they just sell the system since I already have a 3PK.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Isaac
That's a radio I will be looking into. No receiver antenna! Nice. I hope they just sell the system since I already have a 3PK.
yes..
the module and receiver will be sold seperately.
don't know when it will arrive in the US..
I've been told the UK will have them sometime in May.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.