R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy2477
Dan, the guy who machines the brushworks is close friends with Isaac, the same is true for the Oval car. There is nothing to hide. It has been out of a while now, previous to the Axxis name comming out. As for your finger, I never mentioned anything about that. I just stated you recieved your packs when you returned to tc racing. This issue is long past us, so please, lets return to the subject.

Ok Dan machines them. Companies sub out work, I can understand that. When Isaac told me about the brushworks and car, he said he designed them from the ground up.

Again, if the Axxis thread was still up, I would be able to show you the post about the car and brushworks.

EDIT - too far, sorry guys

Last edited by FTNTC3; 03-28-2006 at 04:00 PM.
A. Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Yeah ftntc3 go and pollute your own thread.

I'm sure your sponsors just love being associated with the likes of you.

6 companies which as a result of your attitude I will never ever deal with:

Pantheon Motorsports / S n M Motorsports / Competition Products / HiJacker RC Designs / Vinyl by Swift
loopedeloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #33
Tech Regular

GUYS!!!

This thread is about solder

NOT
brushweks
NOT
oval chassis.

It is my comment about a product I found to be very good , nothing more.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #34
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopedeloop
6 companies which as a result of your attitude I will never ever deal with:

Pantheon Motorsports / S n M Motorsports / Competition Products / HiJacker RC Designs / Vinyl by Swift
You are so mad you must be seeing double, cause I only count 5

You may or may not know that Axxis threatened legal action against RCTech.net on more than one occassion. That being said you will find that there are some people on this board that don't want to risk the possibility of their dollars being used to support the shut down RCTech.net Legal Fund
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopedeloop
GUYS!!!

This thread is about solder

NOT
brushweks
NOT
oval chassis.

It is my comment about a product I found to be very good , nothing more.
When you throw AXXIS in the name of the thread you are opening up the thread to more than just comments about solder and I think you know that...

I also find it interesting that this wasn't the first time you have shilled an Axxis product:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopdeloop
Axxis-Racing have a conversion for the integy 0-30 which gives a .85v cutoff.

You can find their contact details here:

www.axxis-racing.com
People shill products all the time on these boards and there is nothing wrong with that but don't try to come across as an innocent poster that was just excited about a product that they stumbled across.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Sorry 5 Companies lol

I did know about the threats etc.

That has nothing to do with me.

I thought this was a forum for racers to express their personal opinions on various products etc.

If you have a problem with a company take it to the relevant forum.

This thread is about my satisfaction with a product I am very happy with.

Nothing more.

It is NOT a company thread.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:58 PM   #37
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to josh69162

So... ummm..... solder? How about it? I saw a long time ago that Acer has solder, apparently 6% silver. Never used it, seen it being used, or seen anyone talk of it being used. Is it really worth the price? You have to buy it in volume, as in 60$ or so, last time I checked. Would this be a good investment?
-Josh
josh69162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:03 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
When you throw AXXIS in the name of the thread you are opening up the thread to more than just comments about solder and I think you know that...

I also find it interesting that this wasn't the first time you have shilled an Axxis product:

People shill products all the time on these boards and there is nothing wrong with that but don't try to come across as an innocent poster that was just excited about a product that they stumbled across.
Awww, Jamescam,

Firstly I did not stumble across this product, I read about it in the old Axxis thread.

I brought it because if it acts as advertised it is CHEAP horsepower.
I am very happy with it.

I put the axxis name in the title because it is an axxis product. I suppose by your reckoning that people running HPI cars shouldnt use the HPI name in the title of their thread?

Being a 0-30 owner myself I am eagerly waiting a conversion kit.
Do you have a suggestion as to who else is making a conversion?
If you do post it, give a man some options.
I was going to convert mine myself but if you had read the whole thread (including my bad math ) you would see that it was a minefield and VERY expensive for me in NZ.
Axxis happens to do a conversion at a reasonable price so I am going with that.
That is also what I suggested to the other guy in the thread.

I am a satisfied Axxis customer who enjoys the excellent customer support that Isaac and his people provide.
I have also in the past endorsed products from Br00d, Fusion ,Trinity and others.
Please dont try to read more into this than that.

Quote:
You may or may not know that Axxis threatened legal action against RCTech.net
I emailed Shane at the time asking if he would reverse his decision to close this thread. He chose not to. That is his right as owner of RCTech and I respect that. I am not party to the circumstances leading up to that and I'm sure neither are you. It is old news, in the past and lets leave it there.

I did not open this thread as a company thread, nor am I sponsored by any company including Axxis and I have nothing personal to gain by endorsing anyones products.

I gave an honest appraisal. Try the stuff and if you find it lacking come back and post your opinion.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:04 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've got 8 national titles to my credit.......and I use 60/40 rosin core from radio shack......works just fine.

Later EddieO
Old 03-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh69162
So... ummm..... solder? How about it? I saw a long time ago that Acer has solder, apparently 6% silver. Never used it, seen it being used, or seen anyone talk of it being used. Is it really worth the price? You have to buy it in volume, as in 60$ or so, last time I checked. Would this be a good investment?
-Josh

If its electrical resistance is less than std rosin core solders then it probably is a good investment.
Make sure though that it is physically strong enough to hold up under racing conditions before shelling out $60.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:30 PM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Dude your gonna waste your money.. the 60/40 is just fine.... Like Eddie said go to Radio Shack and spend the 3.95 for a roll..
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:02 PM   #42
Tech Regular

The solder I brought was closer to $10us.

That makes it worth trying.

If it is only .00005 ohm less resistance/joint with something like 20 joints in the car/battery then at 30A you should find that you are getting about 30mV more at the motor.

Now, people pay a premium for battery packs with high no.s so I thought it had to be worth a try. Its got to be cheap horsepower if it works.

My experience was that my car felt crisper/more responsive. It didnt go ballistic or anything extraordinary it just felt peakier.
Unfortunately I dont have the test equipment to back this up with real numbers so I can only relate my feelings on the day.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Problem is....I have tried the pricey solders....ran back to back tests on the packs with the GFX.....and I could never even get a difference in readings....

Use a high quality hot iron......with copper or silver battery bars....I prefer the orion copper bars...trinity units work well also.

Later EddieO
Old 03-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Unfortunately I dont have the test equipment to back this up with real numbers so I can only relate my feelings on the day.
Yeah, I think EddieO is right: there probably won't be any REAL difference. HOWEVER, if you think it makes you faster, then it makes you faster! (sorta like a placebo effect).

BTW, EddieO, saying this:

Quote:
I've got 8 national titles to my credit.......and I use 60/40 rosin core from radio shack......works just fine.
is completely unfair for us mere mortals, heheh. You could probably beat us using mismatched nicads with plastic battery bars, haha!
Alfalfameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:40 PM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not biased either way towards Axxis products, but I'll say in general that:
It's all in your head...plus even if the solder is actually slightly "better" all it takes is a tiny bit more than needed on theh cell to negate any benefits from it. Just build your packs well and practice more.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote