Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-27-2006, 02:42 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EViLSouL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
Axxis doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to meeting timelines

Axxis doesn't have the best reputation period.
schreff16 (7:28:40 PM): i just masterfully destroyed the shitter
EViLSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Guys, Please dont hijack my thread and turn this into a slagging match.

I started this thread to comment on the solder and its performance.
Please confine your remarks to comments about the solder.

FYI. My solder turned up within 5-6 days. Just as fast as br00d or Fusions stuff I have ordered in the past.

Now, how did you find the solder?
loopedeloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

I admit, I never used the solder, but I did see it in use this weekend. One of the Axxis team drivers, the only one I think, used it to assemble and build the packs for regionals. Looked pretty good, as the wire popped off in the main. Top notch product there
Old 03-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Hi Isaac,

Top Secret solder. I might have to put in an order.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:53 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XMSRacing Send a message via Yahoo to XMSRacing

I pray a couple of idiots like you are not truely team drivers for whatever team found in your avatar's.

Anyone with attitudes like you two - do not deserve the privelege of sponsorship.

If you are, I pitty your sponsor - they need to find better people to spread the word about their products.
XMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcguy2477

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTNTC3
I admit, I never used the solder, but I did see it in use this weekend. One of the Axxis team drivers, the only one I think, used it to assemble and build the packs for regionals. Looked pretty good, as the wire popped off in the main. Top notch product there
For your information, I did not use the axxis solder to build the pack. I'd enjoy it if you got your information correct. So, remind me what main you got into?
greddy t04b, megasquirt ecu, PlX wideband, 12x28x3 fmic, 50mm hks clone wg, ssqv bov, Safc, ss oil lines, walbro fuel pump, tubo intake manifolds, ssac exhaust manifold, 3" dp, 550cc primary/720cc secondary injectors, etc.
rcguy2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMSRacing
I pray a couple of idiots like you are not truely team drivers for whatever team found in your avatar's.

Anyone with attitudes like you two - do not deserve the privelege of sponsorship.

If you are, I pitty your sponsor - they need to find better people to spread the word about their products.
Andy/ntc3 was not a team member for 4 months, only about 2. For one of those months, he had the packs and chose not to use them, but rather he wanted to sell them. I contacted Isaac concerning this issue, which caused Andy to get a little upset with me. This is why he expresses his bitterness torwards Axxis. According to him, I'm the one "wet behind the ears" .

Quote:
The Much More solder is just as good if not better than the Axxis solder. Plus, you won't have to wait months to get it
Strange, as you haven't even seen or used the Axxis solder Again, please dont make assumptions. I think we all can see the one "wet behind the ears".
greddy t04b, megasquirt ecu, PlX wideband, 12x28x3 fmic, 50mm hks clone wg, ssqv bov, Safc, ss oil lines, walbro fuel pump, tubo intake manifolds, ssac exhaust manifold, 3" dp, 550cc primary/720cc secondary injectors, etc.

Last edited by rcguy2477; 03-27-2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMSRacing

When I was on the Axxis team, I set up Isaac and Axxis with the driver that won the A Main at Snowbirds with Axxis packs. He had never heard of Axxis until then, and I sold him on the packs, and set up the entire deal for Axxis.

I did all of that while still waiting for my own personal team packs.

Not a good attitude as a sponsored driver
Old 03-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy2477
Andy/ntc3 was not a team member for 4 months, only about 2. For one of those months, he had the packs and chose not to use them, but rather he wanted to sell them. I contacted Isaac concerning this issue, which caused Andy to get a little upset with me. This is why he expresses his bitterness torwards Axxis. According to him, I'm the one "wet behind the ears" .
I agreed to run for Axxis in Sept. of 05, got my packs in late Feb. / early March 06, and gave them to you in time for regionals. Do the math.

As for the solder, why didn't you use it? Let me guess, you were still waiting for it

As for the racing, you were in the C, and I was in the D. I placed 2nd in the D, but my equipment lasted 5 minutes.

Last edited by FTNTC3; 03-27-2006 at 07:05 PM.
A. Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:35 PM   #25
Tech Addict

I have used the solder and love it. Just happened to run out just in time for the regionals, lol.

Andy was on the team in Dec, not Aug(can be proven), but wasn't "waiting" for the packs as he says. The packs were recieved 2/20 after he took a hiatus from tc racing to race micro cars. He just chooses to express his hate of Axxis because he was taken off the team. Now, back to the topic

Last edited by rcguy2477; 03-27-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATT_MAN
The Axxis Racing Silver Solder is a 4% 0.031" SOLID WIRE SOLDER.
We decided to go with a solid wire wire solder in order to provide a higher quality product and avoid the usage of ROSIN as a flux.

This solder has to be used with our AXXIS BLUE FLUX.
Our FLUX is non-acidic and it is great to work with.

The SILVER SOLDER and the BLUE FLUX make a great combination for anyone that wants to get the best possible solder connections.
Isaac, can you give us an update on the TEK1 MODIFIED MOTORS. Also, how soon will the catalog be updated? I'm waiting to purchase one of your motors, but I'm not going to pay over the phone b/c of security.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #27
Tech Elite

My mistake, I got the time frame mixed up. I was waiting for my Axxis brushworks, that was in August. Which by the way never came. I did join the so called "team" back in Dec. It still took three months to get my packs from from Axxis.

FYI - if anyone wants one, IRS sells them, as they are designed and made by MCRC - http://www.teamirsrc.com/mcrc.html. I'm sure if you have some $, you can get anything engraved on them

What is this hiatis of TC you speak of? Oh that's right, that was the seven weeks I was recovering from a injury to my finger. Kind of hard to drive and wrench with seven stiches, nerve damage, and a chipped bone. Right in the middle joint, steering hand. Oh wait, there are picstures of it on the Axxis thread. Where is that thread again, oh yeah, it got deleted.

Last edited by FTNTC3; 03-28-2006 at 05:44 PM.
A. Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:37 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Quote:
My mistake, I got the time frame mixed up. I was waiting for my Axxis brushworks, that was in August. Which by the way never came. I did join the so called "team" back in Dec.

FYI - if anyone wants one, IRS sells them, as they are designed and made by MCRC - http://www.teamirsrc.com/mcrc.html. I'm sure if you have some $, you can get anything engraved on them

What is this hiatis of TC you speak of? Oh that's right, that was the seven weeks I was recovering from a injury to my finger. Kind of hard to drive and wrench with seven stiches, never damage, and a chipped bone. Right in the middle joint, steering hand. Oh wait, there are picstures of it on the Axxis thread. Where is that thread again, oh yeah, it got deleted.
Dan, the guy who machines the brushworks is close friends with Isaac, the same is true for the Oval car. There is nothing to hide. It has been out of a while now, previous to the Axxis name comming out. As for your finger, I never mentioned anything about that. I just stated you recieved your packs when you returned to tc racing. This issue is long past us, so please, lets return to the subject.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

yes i have been talkin with Isaac and he is a up front and nice person. If something is going to be late you will be notified by phone or email im sure he didnt tell me that but by talking with him it sounds like something he would do. Axxis is great guys ive seen the motors run iv seen the packs run fast as heck. But lets stop the fued here guys and talk about the solder id like to here more on the subject. ive been using deans but will try anything to get the up and up. Also if someones battery does break or wires come of its usually bad cleaning and nor not a good solid weld with the solder. Not geting back just leting everyone know whats up. And everyone has tehre side of the story and now its time to talk about some solder thanks...
Old 03-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

FTNTC3 ... dude, you have to grow-up.

You may have had problems with Axxis in the past - however, that is exactly in the past ...

Many of us have been disappointed by one company or another and MOST of us are mature enough to let this pass and move on. If you do not like Axxis products, then do not buy them ... if you do like the products - then buy them. At the end of the day, posting slander like this will only make you look like an A$$.

IMO, I have ran the Axxis packs and have had great success with their products. I am sure that their solder will be just as high in quality.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote