Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Surrey
Talk to someonethat has a CNC and a water jet how much they would charge. The price isn't in the aluminum but the time to program the CNC and the Water jet

LOL.. With prices like that you wont sell 1, I dont care how much you have invested in the equipment and programming.. Good luck though..

Are you a division of Maxamps and AMB?? [/sarcasm]
Old 05-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
This is the email for the guy [email protected]..

I could care less if they are titanium if someone is willing to pay that much for 4 shocktower mounts then they are retarded . Not trying to be an ass but that's how I see it. Also why hasn't associated made any of the parts everyone is after? I want them to come out with the inline motor side bulkhead. By the way they sell that for $40 same people from the email above.
Just emailed him.. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Surrey
Talk to someonethat has a CNC and a water jet how much they would charge. The price isn't in the aluminum but the time to program the CNC and the Water jet
Yeah but he's not even in the ballpark, maybe he's in the wrong market. I mean they are priced at 1/3rd the cost of the whole kit. I wish him luck.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi all,

i am helping a buddy setup his TC5, but i am as much a newbie as he is. we both bought our TC5s (original version, not the "R" or "F") used, but his has a torque steer problem and mine doesn't. ive tried running my electronics in his car on the far fetched possibility that it was due to electronics, but that didn't solve the the torque steer problem either. anyone know where i should start?

here's what we've done already:

rebuild diffs
rebuild shocks
set diff "looser"
lowered "punch" on the esc

thanks for any help!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justxroro
hi all,

i am helping a buddy setup his TC5, but i am as much a newbie as he is. we both bought our TC5s (original version, not the "R" or "F") used, but his has a torque steer problem and mine doesn't. ive tried running my electronics in his car on the far fetched possibility that it was due to electronics, but that didn't solve the the torque steer problem either. anyone know where i should start?

rebuild diffs
rebuild shocks
set diff "looser"

thanks for any help!
I can't imagine that it's torque steer. Have you gone through and checked all the bearings? Sometimes a bad bearing will make a car pull under acceleration.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by justxroro
hi all,

rebuild diffs
rebuild shocks
set diff "looser"

thanks for any help!

Check tweak.
Check droop.
Check camber.
Check toe.
Check balance.
Check that there's nothing binding and everything spins freely.
Check tire wear.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

tweak??

Unhook the shocks, loosen screws holding the decks together and make sure the chassis is flat. Then re-tighten the screws in a star configuration.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks guys, i'll start working down the list... he left his car at my place as well as a case of beer (i guess not the best idea).

i just noticed that it always pulls left under hard acceleration and under hard braking its almost spinning out left as well.

thanks again, i'll post my findings.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sounds like droop or shock lengths to me.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

I too have this issue of my TC5r pulling to the left under acceleration. It tracks straight when coasting and stops in a straight line but under acceleration it veers left.

My droop is even on both sides front to rear, tires lift off the ground at the same time when checking each end.

I have about 0.5mm tweak in my chassis no matter how many times I put the top deck on when pressing on a flat surface. I adjust for tweak using a Hudy tweak station. Toe is +1 front and -2.5 rear.

I find this veering to the left worse on low traction where the wheels are spinning more. I've tried different sets of tires and it does the same thing. Brand new bearings installed as well.

It's been fairly frustrating as the car used to track straight. Really not too sure why this has started.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Double check all of your arm mounts. I had this problem once when I accidentally grabbed one wrong mount. They're marked with 1-3 dots for height.

Also double check all of your wheelbase spacers and rear toe shims.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueEagle
Double check all of your arm mounts. I had this problem once when I accidentally grabbed one wrong mount. They're marked with 1-3 dots for height.

Also double check all of your wheelbase spacers and rear toe shims.
+1

Definitely double check these. If the the rear toe is not equal it will no doubt cause the car to track weird on power.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The chassis might also be tweaked. loosen all the screws in the top and bottom of the chassis and upper deck and re-tighten. Do the bottom first then set the chassis on a flat surface and tighten the top deck.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Be sure to check the battery strap that comes with car. It was making my chassis all twisted. Put your car on flat and true surface and see if the chassis is twisted. If it is, loosen up the bolts on the strap.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Initiate

i found a bad bearing in one of the rear hubs... i'll replace it tomorrow and see if it does the trick.

side note: anyone have any good tricks to help break loose a screw that seems to have had a lil too much loctite put on it? i just stripped my "Factory Team" hex driver (POS) trying to take a couple off.

thanks again for all the help, you guys rock!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.