Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Wow, look at Christer Andersson's TC5. It has quite a few modifications. In addition to the inline rear bulkheads and exotek chassis, I see different front and rear camber link placement and chopped front bulkhead. I also like the etched shock collars. Probably better than marking them with a sharpie all the time like I've been doing.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Yea, That's hardly an Associated TC5, lol. On the shock collars just take a Dremel and a cut off wheel and presto.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

me being dumb, where are the pics of this young master's car?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I am looking for some help out there. I'm in dier need for set up for my car. I am looking for a 17.5 rubber set up on carpet. My car is just to difficult right now to drive. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
me being dumb, where are the pics of this young master's car?
http://events.redrc.net/event-gallery-2010-dhi-cup/

Old 01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Chad,

This is Josh Hohnstein's set up. I use the following changes

1. I run a front diff - more forgiving
2. #3 associate shock pistons are a great instead of the losi 57
3. I went to sliver ft and green rear springs because I run on a club track so the carpet is not as sticky

I run 17.5 lipo and this set up is great, I have changed, but I went back to it.
I hope this helps
God Bless
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Josh Hohnstein setup.pdf (205.1 KB, 271 views)

Last edited by Jsaves; 01-10-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: better wording
Old 01-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Chad,

This is Josh Hohnstein's set up. I use the following changes

1. I run a front diff - more forgiving
2. #3 associate shock pistons are a great instead of the losi 57
3. I went to sliver ft and green rear springs because I run on a club track so the carpet is not as sticky

I run 17.5 lipo and this set up is great, I have changed, but I went back to it.
I hope this helps
God Bless
What does "itf" mean for the chassis and top plate in the set-up posted above? I think it may answer my question of "flex" and what I need or don't need. I drive on an indoor carpet track with medium bite. I had the countersink washers along with the o-rings with all the top plate screws. I then took them all out because others did have them. I think their cars were the TC5 not TC5R. Not sure if makes a difference or not. My driving skill is just below average. Question is do I put the countersink washers back in with the o-rings, or without the o-rings or nothing at all, or just some of the holes. The manual says that altering the amount of screws changed will alter the amount of chassis flex. Hoping someone could give me some insight on making my car even easier to drive with this adjustment. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys do you think a new version will be coming out soon. i'm in the market for a new chassis for this summer. took last season off. and found to much problem with my E4 then I want to deal with. Part are easy to come by for the TC5. on reason looking at this for a ride for the summer.

so what do you guys think. should I wait out and see what might be coming down the mill from Associated. or just go with the tc5r and hope for the best.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyrrus
hey guys do you think a new version will be coming out soon. i'm in the market for a new chassis for this summer. took last season off. and found to much problem with my E4 then I want to deal with. Part are easy to come by for the TC5. on reason looking at this for a ride for the summer.

so what do you guys think. should I wait out and see what might be coming down the mill from Associated. or just go with the tc5r and hope for the best.
Rick Howart, I think said that associated isn't going to come out with a new car any time soon. So it might be an upgrade kit instead?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:59 AM
CAi
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trerc
Yea, That's hardly an Associated TC5, lol.

The modifications what really gives speed are; Different front and rear camber link placement and chopped front bulkhead + exotek chassis.

Those are easy for everybody to do. Hope Christer could advice with modifications.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAi
The modifications what really gives speed are; Different front and rear camber link placement and chopped front bulkhead + exotek chassis.

Those are easy for everybody to do. Hope Christer could advice with modifications.
They don't look like modifications but new parts. Hope associated will give out some news about them.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
They don't look like modifications but new parts. Hope associated will give out some news about them.
+1

I really don't think they need to design a whole new kit but maybe just fab some upgraded parts. Christer Andersson's car is a very nice piece for sure.

I too would like a run down of all the modifications to Christer Anderssons car too. Every time I look at it I see something else, like the captured ball ends on the steering post. It also appears to have Xray ECS front driveshafts installed.

Last edited by trerc; 01-11-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The shock tower mounts look to be taller as well as being threaded to accept the ball stud for camber links.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

It looks like a different chassis and top deck, different rear bulkheads, modified front bulkheads, different shock tower mounts, possibly lowered shock towers? Although he isn't using the steering system modification other team guys have been using.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
It looks like a different chassis and top deck, different rear bulkheads, modified front bulkheads, different shock tower mounts, possibly lowered shock towers? Although he isn't using the steering system modification other team guys have been using.
Chassis and topdeck are from Exotek racing. I have modified the front bulkheads, To get more flex to the front end. Shock towers are original only camholders (shocktower mounts) are changed to get new adjustment for the links.

The rear customized bulkheads (motor more towards the centerline) are only for because weightlimit is 1350g to get all electrics as close as possible to centerline and still get the car balanced.

I was racing in rebellion race - Indoor Ec warmup (weight limit was 1400) with original b-heads 'motor out'.. I like the original bulkheads more because they make the car more smooth..

I will be answering here if you have anything to ask about the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.