Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

for on power steering, raise the front diff.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
for on power steering, raise the front diff.
I remember trying that before and not seeing any real diffrents but, will try again.

James ! Your not gona believe this. I have been meaning to go threw my speedo and mess with the punch. Well, punch was set to 1, drag brake was all the way up and I didnt have full throttle. Uggg. Might be why my car wouldnt come off the corner. Im sure the lack of steering had somthing to do with it too but, every little bit counts, right?

Now just need to figure out how to make this car work on high grip tracks like it does on low grip.

DK

Edit: I just put Rick Howards vegas setup on my car. Cant wait to see how it works.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looking for some help, just picked up and assembled a new TC5R - Nice car, was running a Tamiya TRF415 previously.

1. What make of spur gear have people used - I run 64p gearing, and I noticed that not all gears have the correct allignment holes for the plastic spur gear holder on the car. I have a gear installed right now that only alligns with 2 of the holes, it works, but the gear is warped because of it.

2. Is there an aftermarket, aluminum spur gear holder, the plastic one with the kit worries me.

3. What is the handling difference between running the car with a longer wheelbase (1mm front arm spacing) vs box setup (2mm front arm spacing)

Thanks for the help.

I ran the car for the first time this weekend, the car was loose on a low / med asphalt track, started with box setup. I started making changes in each successive run - and the car did get better, but will need to make a few more changes to get the car to my liking.

Lastly, before changing cars I read through each of the touring car threads on RC tech. The TC5 thread is easily one of the best on RC tech, smart chassis tuners and drivers, I like the way information gets shared and I like that the Team drivers are active on the thread - keep up the good work.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Looking for some help, just picked up and assembled a new TC5R - Nice car, was running a Tamiya TRF415 previously.

1. What make of spur gear have people used - I run 64p gearing, and I noticed that not all gears have the correct allignment holes for the plastic spur gear holder on the car. I have a gear installed right now that only alligns with 2 of the holes, it works, but the gear is warped because of it.

2. Is there an aftermarket, aluminum spur gear holder, the plastic one with the kit worries me.

3. What is the handling difference between running the car with a longer wheelbase (1mm front arm spacing) vs box setup (2mm front arm spacing)

Thanks for the help.

I ran the car for the first time this weekend, the car was loose on a low / med asphalt track, started with box setup. I started making changes in each successive run - and the car did get better, but will need to make a few more changes to get the car to my liking.

Lastly, before changing cars I read through each of the touring car threads on RC tech. The TC5 thread is easily one of the best on RC tech, smart chassis tuners and drivers, I like the way information gets shared and I like that the Team drivers are active on the thread - keep up the good work.
1. Kibrough has gears but you have to look for 6 holes in the center and not 8.
2. Not that I know of.
3. If you lenghten the front wheel base you will lose on-power steering. Very usefull in low traction conditions. If the car is lose on power you can drop to silver spring frt and green rear. That really nails the car down.

DK
Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PartTime
1. Kibrough has gears but you have to look for 6 holes in the center and not 8.
2. Not that I know of.
3. If you lenghten the front wheel base you will lose on-power steering. Very usefull in low traction conditions. If the car is lose on power you can drop to silver spring frt and green rear. That really nails the car down.

DK
PartTime,

Thanks for the reply, I will look for the Kimbrough 6 hole gears.

My car is loose on power, The adjustments I made so far from box setup:

1. From silver to green springs in the rear, 2. Lowered roll center in rear, Moved front shocks to 2nd hole from the outside on the the tower.

I was going to take the next following steps:

1. Change droop in front to 5 from 6, 2. Move up to gold sway bar from silver up front, 3. Lower roll center in rear 1/2 mm on the ball on the rear hub.

I am going to try your adjustments as well. I'll be sure to report back in a couple of weeks after my next race.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

A bigger adjustment than all of the stuff you have done to gain a more "locked in" feel in the rear end is to go to the outside hole on top of the rear hub as well as the inside middle or upper (depending on where you had it before) hole on the rear tower.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
A bigger adjustment than all of the stuff you have done to gain a more "locked in" feel in the rear end is to go to the outside hole on top of the rear hub as well as the inside middle or upper (depending on where you had it before) hole on the rear tower.
To lower the cg in the rear, I moved from the inside middle on the rear shock tower to the inside upper, I am currently running on the inside hole on the rear hub carrier, I will try the outside hole and see if that gets me where I need to be - thanks for suggestion.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default tc5

hey everyone.
just a quick question? does eveyone run a front sway bar? cause when i raced on the weekend i had a lack of steering and for bit of a laugh i removed the front sway and wow the difference was amazing! great turn in and was very predictable handling. just curious wats ppl think of this??

thanks
treemagnet
Old 10-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Unpredictable Steering

Looking for suggestions (TC5R).....

I'm running rubber tire, carpet, 13.5T, Lipo, Spool up front

I have the battery weighted to exactly match the electronics. I am running the kit setup for rubber tire with only the upper rear shock mount moved in one hole.

My steering is very unpredictable in the turns, it seems often the car completely breaks loose or oversteers in the center to exit of a turn and I plug the pipe every time. Could it be something as simple as braking in the LRP TC Spec?

Should I be running no brake, no initial brake with the spool up front?

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by MTRezNIN
Looking for suggestions (TC5R).....

I'm running rubber tire, carpet, 13.5T, Lipo, Spool up front

I have the battery weighted to exactly match the electronics. I am running the kit setup for rubber tire with only the upper rear shock mount moved in one hole.

My steering is very unpredictable in the turns, it seems often the car completely breaks loose or oversteers in the center to exit of a turn and I plug the pipe every time. Could it be something as simple as braking in the LRP TC Spec?

Should I be running no brake, no initial brake with the spool up front?

Thanks!

The settings for stock that I run are 1 - 8 - 2 - 2 on the lrp speedo......I don't think I have ever had a reason to change from that.

As for the oversteer........this might be a result of the spool and too much dual rate in the radio. That can make the car feel like it wants to keep turning when you get on the gas and try to straighten out.

A quick fix would be to add some rear toe and dial some dual rate out of the radio.

My suggestion would be to ditch the kit setup and go with one of the team setups.

I would try the Rick Hohwart setup posted on the associated web site.

If not....I have a setup posted a few pages back on this thread that I used for 13.5 rubber at vegas and stock rubber nats........it seems to work very well.

Josh Hohnstein
Old 10-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by treemagnet
hey everyone.
just a quick question? does eveyone run a front sway bar? cause when i raced on the weekend i had a lack of steering and for bit of a laugh i removed the front sway and wow the difference was amazing! great turn in and was very predictable handling. just curious wats ppl think of this??

thanks
treemagnet
I never liked running sway bars front or rear at my local asphalt track. our track is fairly low bite, so with the bars on the car looses front and rear grip, with them off, the car is much better.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default TC5

I tried to shorten my front camber links but the turnbuckles I have are to long, can somebody tell me which size I should use...
Old 10-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Josh, I looked but didnt see your setup. Can you repost?

DK
Old 10-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Here is a copy of Josh's set up.

James
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
iic setup.pdf (207.9 KB, 218 views)
Old 10-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default tc5

anyone have the tamayia shocks on there car?do you have to use the tamayia springs or can you use the associated spring with the tamayia shocks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.