Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 05-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aventura
Hey guys. Just wondering on the TC5 why its design has the motor way out on the left side so much? It seems to have wider chassis than most other cars, I thought the idea is to keep as much weight central as possible? How does havein the motor so far on the outside effect the car handling? Would the car handle much better and be more balance if the motor was brought in more by like 5-7mm, like Xray 008 and Mi3?
That is very interesting on this car...maybe having the weight more outside places more weight on the tires and thus helps it generate more traction that way, without having to work to much on set up

Maybe that explains why TC5 handles so well...everywhere I see one they handle like the best of them.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Katfish as well for your suggestions.
Not a problem, that is what this is for. We all can learn from one another.

Rick Hohwart
I can email it to anyone who wants it.
[email protected]
Thanks alot Rick!
Old 05-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Skip109
The new cams are PN # 31184.

thanks skip i have been looking everywhere for that number since i talked with jucha
Old 05-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I can email it to anyone who wants it. It will also be posted on AE's site eventually.
[email protected]

Thanks Rick
Old 05-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Info

Hello,

sorry to disturb, maybe it is already post few pages ago, which parts are different from the TC5 and TC5R?

Thank you
Old 05-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gain Time
Ok so more for adjusting the belt tension than raising or lowering the diffs....correct?
Correct, mostly for adjusting belt tension.

Originally Posted by Roedor
Hello,

sorry to disturb, maybe it is already post few pages ago, which parts are different from the TC5 and TC5R?

Thank you

The original TC5 has been relabeled the TC5F but with hard parts, where as the TC5R is the TC5 with ITF chassis, softer springs, and a spool option.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roedor
Hello,

Sorry to disturb, maybe it is already post few pages ago, which parts are different from the TC5 and TC5R?

Thank you
The original TC5 kit comes with a foam-carpet ready setup. Thick chassis and top deck, a foam spring setup...

The TC5R comes with rubber-tire racing goodies. The thinner "ITF" chassis and top deck, a new diff that can be converted to a front spool, soft springs and soft suspension parts...

If you are looking for a foam-carpet ride, go for the TC5F kit. It is similar to the original kit but comes with the new hard suspension parts and aluminum diffs.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Maybell were you able to make the reedy race ? If so how was it and how did you do ? Also if you were able to make it can you fill us in on conditions ?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Maybell were you able to make the reedy race ? If so how was it and how did you do ? Also if you were able to make it can you fill us in on conditions ?
The Reedy Race was awesome! Not for me on the track though...Here come the excuses...I was not prepaired for this race at all. I havent been able to practice or club race much for the last year because of work. I had to go regardless because it was the Reedy Race and within driving distance. I made the mistake of running my race motor on a hot practice day and I think I overgeared it. It only got slower and slower after that. My other major issue was a glitching problem the first minute of every run. I tried to solve it in other ways besides just replacing all of my electronics because I didnt have the means to do so. I was able to put in some good 4 minute runs but the first minute killed me. I ended up with what Sean Williams was running for setup and my car was good. I was able to run top 10 laptimes but the glitching and rust put me in the D main.

The conditions were med/high grip and the track layout was great! During the practice days most of my teamates pitting next to me were using no warmers and Paragon for 1 minute. After the rain came on Saturday morning we started cleaning the tires with buggy grip and baking tire tweek in for 20 minutes or so.

Overall it was a good time. The invite class was some of the best racing I have ever seen. I want to say thanks to Brent and Sean C. for their hard work and to Williams, Kieth Yu and Bob Stealthlube for the setup help.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

ok so this may seem simple but just triple checking..

oring mod

screw
|
V
counter sunk washer
|
V
Oring
|
V
Top Deck

That the correct install>?
Old 05-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nemix
ok so this may seem simple but just triple checking..

oring mod

screw
|
V
counter sunk washer
|
V
Oring
|
V
Top Deck

That the correct install>?
Yes sir! You are correct.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can email it to anyone who wants it. It will also be posted on AE's site eventually.
Mr Howart, When you get a spare moment could I get a copy of that set up from you. I mainly race foam on carpet but I believe I will start racing rubber tire asphalt soon. Thanks.

[email protected]
Old 05-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

hello Rick,

Please send a copy of your RROC setup to [email protected]

thank you
Old 06-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is it better to run the foams inserts in the shocks or without them???

And Rick Hohwart, would it make much difference in your setup that you just emailed me to use with a stock motor and six cells, or will this make much difference??
Thanks everyone!

Sorry one more question, what is the best body out now to run for rubber/asphalt??

Tim
Old 06-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

im happy with a speed 6 or stratus 2.0 for rubber

alot of the guys i race with use DNA 2s

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.