Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

what gearing setup are you guys using that will actually fit to get 3.5fdr with a 17.5?
Old 05-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? a tc5R ?

i went racing on sunday & my A.E guru said he was on the net & was getting ready to buy a TC5,then he disovered or read that a TC5R in sopose to come out...this is hear say? He said that its sopose to be the out door edition...front spool, aluminume rear diff, ITF chassis & top deck. Is this rumor true? And i run a 13.5 with the stock 72 spur & a 31 pinion(4.65) which keeps me in the A main. I had to dremel the motor plate to make work.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

it's true. look here http://www.teamassociated.com/
Old 05-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcRacing4Ever
i went racing on sunday & my A.E guru said he was on the net & was getting ready to buy a TC5,then he disovered or read that a TC5R in sopose to come out...this is hear say? He said that its sopose to be the out door edition...front spool, aluminume rear diff, ITF chassis & top deck. Is this rumor true? And i run a 13.5 with the stock 72 spur & a 31 pinion(4.65) which keeps me in the A main. I had to dremel the motor plate to make work.
you had to dremel the mount holes? i can fit a 72/35 in with no problem. thats weird...
Old 05-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

AE # 89229 blue countersunk washer
Old 05-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

i am thinking of going to an associated tc5 and i was wondering how hard it is to build a kit and how hard is it to repair?
Old 05-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

#88 driver you got pm
Old 05-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losithrasher
what gearing setup are you guys using that will actually fit to get 3.5fdr with a 17.5?
ran the promatch sw onraod touring car this weekend in scottsdale..in 17.5 class..are you ready for the gearing...64 pitch of course...96 spur gear with anywhere from 49 to 52 tooth pinion...had to use prs gears...that puts final drive from 3.9 to 3.5....rubber tire...crazy but they fit without no modifications...just have to find big pinions like that...12th scale stuff....good luck
Old 05-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losithrasher
90/53 is a 3.5 if im not mistaken with plenty of room for bigger pinions
Old 05-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

For those trying to get low FDR with 48 pitch gearing. I have found spurs down to 66 teeth and pinions up to 41 teeth. That would get you to 3.22 FDR. Just need to look at suppliers besides the big boys.

For those looking for the countersunk washers to hold the o-rings on the top deck. Why not use a button head screw and a normal washer? Oh I forgot, it needs to be blue.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by #88driver
i am thinking of going to an associated tc5 and i was wondering how hard it is to build a kit and how hard is it to repair?
Building is not too difficult. There are a few tools I would recommend that would make life easier. The TC5 is VERY easy to work on and repair so that wont be a problem. When building the kit, just take great care in the placement and orientation(cant spell) of everything and take your time.

Minimum tool list:
-Allen Drivers, 2mm, 2mm ball end, 1.5mm
-Needle Nose pliers and side cutters
-hobby knife
Old 05-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi guys.

I tore my tc5 apart the other day, it was nasty and I got it used and needed it anyway. Well, when I was putting it back together I noticed a major flaw !! when I got to the front belt I couldnt believe how tight it was. thinking I had the adjusters on backwards I tried that. Hahaha, I could have played a song on it. Guitar string tight!!

Was there a problem with belts in early kits or somthing? Or is this just the way it is? Is there a replacement belt for it or maybe a yok belt or somthing?

thanks
dk
Old 05-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PartTime
Hi guys.

I tore my tc5 apart the other day, it was nasty and I got it used and needed it anyway. Well, when I was putting it back together I noticed a major flaw !! when I got to the front belt I couldnt believe how tight it was. thinking I had the adjusters on backwards I tried that. Hahaha, I could have played a song on it. Guitar string tight!!

Was there a problem with belts in early kits or somthing? Or is this just the way it is? Is there a replacement belt for it or maybe a yok belt or somthing?

thanks
dk
The belt is fine. Start with belt tension #8 or 16 shown on the setup sheet. The belt wont be too tight if installed correctly...Also, check your pulleys for junk buildup because that could cause a tight belt...

Last edited by Maybell; 05-06-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
The belt is fine. Start with belt tension #8 or 16 shown on the setup sheet. The belt wont be too tight if installed correctly...Also, check your pulleys for junk buildup because that could cause a tight belt...
A belts not that hard to install so not sure what you meant by that.
Yes I cleanded out the pulleys along with the hinge pins, bearings and any thing else I can think of. Sorry, thought I mention I cleaned the car.

The losest(sp?) I could get it was diff full up and lose. That is where I think I would like the belt tention but, dont like the dog bones on that angle.

Also....whats the trick to get the pulley for the one way centered? I took some shim stock and slide it inbetween the unit and pulley to help line it up. way better but still not good. The belt may losen up when i get that centered but, even when its at its losest now its not right.

Thanks
DK
Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PartTime
A belts not that hard to install so not sure what you meant by that.
Yes I cleanded out the pulleys along with the hinge pins, bearings and any thing else I can think of. Sorry, thought I mention I cleaned the car.

The losest(sp?) I could get it was diff full up and lose. That is where I think I would like the belt tention but, dont like the dog bones on that angle.

Also....whats the trick to get the pulley for the one way centered? I took some shim stock and slide it inbetween the unit and pulley to help line it up. way better but still not good. The belt may losen up when i get that centered but, even when its at its losest now its not right.

Thanks
DK
Thats the thing with message boards, its easy to take something wrong in words...just trying to help...

I have to assume that something is built incorrectly because I have helped many with this problem and they were all built wrong... recheck the cams if they are in the 8 or 16 spot then the belt is not too tight...a couple times the guy thought it was too tight because they are used to TCs that have smaller pulleys and softer belts...that can fool you into thinking they are too tight...

one-way: mine fits perfectly with one stock shim on each side...maybe you have placed the gear on the wrong side of the oneway...also, make sure you dont overtighten the oneway screws to prevent warping...use a LITTLE blue threadlock on them...

good luck man

Last edited by Maybell; 05-06-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.