Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

what is an itf chassis???
\

flatovercrest.........i have the mamba as well...what software can u load into it??

thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by factory racer
\

flatovercrest.........i have the mamba as well...what software can u load into it??

thanks
It's a 2mm lower deck and a different upper deck...

Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hey guys just wonderin about some gearing issues. My brother is having a hard time finding the right gearing in his Tc5 for a medium sized asphalt track that isnt too incredibly technical. I dont have his car near me so i cant tell you what the gearing is right now but i THINK hes at 23/78...
Someone else told me with a co27 he should be at around 6.25-6.30 for our track. My (or his, rather) qualm with that is that he was having issues with the pinion reaching the spur at 22/78 (i think...) and if he has to go to that suggested FDR, that means he has to be 23/72....will that reach? What are the "limits" as far as spur/pinion combinations can go?
Old 04-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
hey guys just wonderin about some gearing issues. My brother is having a hard time finding the right gearing in his Tc5 for a medium sized asphalt track that isnt too incredibly technical. I dont have his car near me so i cant tell you what the gearing is right now but i THINK hes at 23/78...
Someone else told me with a co27 he should be at around 6.25-6.30 for our track. My (or his, rather) qualm with that is that he was having issues with the pinion reaching the spur at 22/78 (i think...) and if he has to go to that suggested FDR, that means he has to be 23/72....will that reach? What are the "limits" as far as spur/pinion combinations can go?

There are no limits, per se, but you have to realize moving them in any which way will affect the roll center and weight distribution so you have to take that into account.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
There are no limits, per se, but you have to realize moving them in any which way will affect the roll center and weight distribution so you have to take that into account.
well roll center and weight aside, i meant like whats the physical limits to the 72 and 78 spur, as in whats the largest and smallest pinions that can be used with said spurs...

like i said, my bro's TC5 couldnt mesh well enough to use with a 22/78...just want more info on that.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There ARE limits as far as being able to mesh the pinion and spur. IE I need a 9.5-7.8 FDR for my LRP 4.5. (just starting out, then Ill find the appropriate FDR for the track) I tried 96 spur and 23 pinion to start out as it is a larger track. That would be an 8.35 FDR. That FDR does not work in the TC5, but it does work for a Novak 13.5 using 96 spur and 42 pinion: 4.57 FDR which is perfect for my track.

For the LRP 4.5 I ended up using a 116 spur and 26 pinion for a FDR of 8.92.

BTW I am using 64 pitch gears. There are many ways to use the same FDR, so you should find a combo that works. I do wish the TC5 motor mount had the motor mount holes milled closer to the spur, so that there was a wider mesh range.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by factory racer
\

thanks

You can update this firmware via the castlelink (in this case for the Mamba max a usb to usb micro cord) and the castleink software which you can download from castle website. Current firmware is v1.17. what motor are you running? just curious
Old 04-29-2008, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
Toe at the hub tends to make the car more aggressive. Toe at the hinge pin is more mellow. I think the straighter arms lets the weight dump onto the nose easier with hub toe. Foam tends to be more toe at the hub, and rubber at the hinge pin, but you may want to fool with this to your taste.

Thanks for that .. ive ordered the 1 degree hubs (also the ITF top deck and 6 degree caster blocks) and will have a play ... have to do something because im struggling so far.

Regards Pip
Old 04-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
ok to start i have only just started running the tc5 and have absolutly no problem with it. as for gearing i run mod and have noe problem getting any gearing my mate runs stock and he runs the kit spur 87 kimbrow and my first ever run of the car was with a 540 so i was running gearing around 2.7 fdr even with the kit spur i have no problem getting any gearing i need so my suggestion would be to go back to the kit spur or any 87 and start with a 26t pinion....

cheers
m.stone
Old 04-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Caster blocks

Hello guys,

I'm from Brazil, and I'm running a TC5 with a Mamba 5700.

I tried to find over the posts but there are so many that I decided to post it.

Changing the caster blocks what kind of change will I have on the car.

Also I would like to know, about the 2 new versions that I saw on the Red Rc website, foam spec an rubber spec, does the change is just on the chassis and uper deck or there are other changes.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

they added 6 degree casters insted of the 4 degree ones, i think, and the foam spec has all hard components
Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Rick posted this on the Reedy thread.

The rubber car comes with swaybars, standard suspension components, and the top deck o-ring modification. Plus springs that are typically run with rubber tires.

The foam cars comes with hard suspension parts, no swaybars, and foam specific springs.

Both cars some with diffs front/rear but each kit is equipped with parts to turn the diff into a spool.

Here is from the press release.
Factory Team TC5F Features:
- Belt drive with adjustable differential heights and belt ension
- Blue aluminum outdrives
- Hardened steel CVAs with cross-pin retaining clips
- Blue aluminum clamping wheel hexes
- 20 Precision ball-bearings
- Blue aluminum bulkheads and motor-mount
- Woven carbon fiber battery strap included
- Rigid 2.5mm woven carbon fiber chassis and top plate
- “Hard” suspension rears, 6° caster blocks and 1° rear hubs
- Front & rear anti-roll bars included
- VCS2 shock package
- Titanium turnbuckles
- Genuine Kimbrough 48 pitch spur-gear included
- 3mm inner hinge-pins and 2.5mm outer hinge pins
- Adjustable roll-centers hinge-pin angle
- Vertical ball studs
- 3mm woven carbon fiber shock towers
- Mono-bellcrank steering with adjustable servo-saver
- Indexed balancing holes

Factory Team TC5R features
- Belt drive with adjustable differential heights and belt tension
- Blue aluminum outdrives
- Hardened steel CVAs with cross-pin retaining clips
- Blue aluminum clamping wheel hexes
- 20 Precision ball-bearings
- Blue aluminum bulkheads and motor-mount
- Woven carbon fiber battery strap included
- ITF 2mm woven carbon fiber chassis and top plate
- Front & rear anti-roll bars included
- VCS2 shock package
- Titanium turnbuckles
- Genuine Kimbrough 48 pitch spur-gear included
- 3mm inner hinge-pins and 2.5mm outer hinge pins
- Adjustable roll-centers hinge-pin angle
- Vertical ball studs
- 3mm woven carbon fiber shock towers
- Mono-bellcrank steering with adjustable servo-saver
- Indexed balancing holes in shock towers
- Spool option included

As you can see lots of duplication of items but in different thickness and component compounds (hard suspension pieces to soft pieces).
Old 04-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Can someone point me to a good starting set-up for 10.5 rubber tire racing on a parking lot (treated with VHT). Thanks.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Can someone point me to a good starting set-up for 10.5 rubber tire racing on a parking lot (treated with VHT). Thanks.
Start with your same set up, but go to a spool.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBLove
Start with your same set up, but go to a spool.
Sounds simple enough. Ordered the spool yesterday so I should be good to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.