Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 02-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
on road
Definetly get the itf chassis and upper deck,go to rc10.com Kyle Skidmore has a great asphalt set up frpm reedy
Old 02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpatel529
Now I am having tire squeeling problems. About half way through my race, the tires start to squeel around turns. I use Jack the Ripper compound on the entire rear wheel and half of the inside wheel for the front. I am using RP30 tires. Is it a tire problem? Any setup changes that may help.

Chirag
Chirag-

Did you run this weekend at Big Dad's? I was just there wiht my TC5 and noticed alot of tire squeel from alot of cars. Mine has very little running on the Sorex 28's. I did 2 things to my car while the grip was high this weekdend.
First, I ran blue springs all the way around the car with the rears almost all the way leaned in the fronts one or two holes in. Second, I ran the standard top deck. I did this because I think that the ITF top deck causes alot of tweak and that it does not fit the car very well and wiht the grip that high you do not need the flex in the car to help create grip. I also always run high roll center in the front of the car. This is something that I think is crucial wiht high grip and keeping the car from scrubbing in the corners. High roll center cut the side bite in the corners. It does make the car push off the corner a little bit but in a fast corner. I only noticed this off the end of the sweeper corner. I will have a full set up sheet filled out soon and if you want it I can email it to you.

Anders Hagen
RedRocket
Old 02-26-2008, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losithrasher
hey guys, im gonna be running 17.5 and 13.5, what spurs and pinions should i start running?
for 13.5 i run 33/73(48p) which gives me fdr of somewhere around 4.4. i was running at 32/73 but i was only coming off at around 57 degrees celcius so i went to 33 pinion
Old 02-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
Chirag-

Did you run this weekend at Big Dad's? I was just there wiht my TC5 and noticed alot of tire squeel from alot of cars. Mine has very little running on the Sorex 28's. I did 2 things to my car while the grip was high this weekdend.
First, I ran blue springs all the way around the car with the rears almost all the way leaned in the fronts one or two holes in. Second, I ran the standard top deck. I did this because I think that the ITF top deck causes alot of tweak and that it does not fit the car very well and wiht the grip that high you do not need the flex in the car to help create grip. I also always run high roll center in the front of the car. This is something that I think is crucial wiht high grip and keeping the car from scrubbing in the corners. High roll center cut the side bite in the corners. It does make the car push off the corner a little bit but in a fast corner. I only noticed this off the end of the sweeper corner. I will have a full set up sheet filled out soon and if you want it I can email it to you.

Anders Hagen
RedRocket
I run the itf with o rings on rear upper deck on carpet rubber tires ,no tweak issues at all,i run low roll center frt mid rear 1.5 sway bar in frt,blue springs frt silver rear 35wt oil and #2 pistons all around,most guys think when the bite comes up you need to stiffen the car,sprongs,oil etc not always true the cat need a certain amount of roll to keep from traction rolling,just my thoughts

Last edited by steve eaves; 02-26-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: set up
Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Can someone post pictures and instructions of the o-rings on the top deck mod?
Old 02-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Anders,
That is some great info! I did not run this weekend but I will be running there tomorrow. I just started running touring cars a few weeks ago. I run in the outlaw class (the all metallic red TC5).

What is the high roll center block (1, 2 or 3)? Do you use the same one on the front/rear mounts for the front of the car and the rear of the car? What was your toe-in for the rear? Did you add toe-in at the bulkhead to increase wheelbase or at the hub? Were you able to get rid of the push that was introduced at high speed corners? Did you use the standard or hardened arms?

I will switch to the regular top deck and blue springs all around for tomorrow and see if that helps me at all. Want to make small changes here and there and see how it affects my handling rather than making a bunch of changes.

I feel that this is an over-gripping issue and need to get some flex out of the car. Is that a correct assessment?

Let me know when you have your setup sheet finished. Would like to see the difference between our setups. My email is [email protected]

Also - Does anyone have a listing of what the spring rates are for the TC5?
Old 02-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

The o-ring mod involves taking 4 o-rings and putting one under each of the 4 rear screws in the top deck. But the o-ring above the top deck. Hopefully I explained it correctly. I am still learning..
Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
I run the itf with o rings on rear upper deck on carpet rubber tires ,no tweak issues at all,i run low roll center frt mid rear 1.5 sway bar in frt,blue springs frt silver rear 35wt oil and #2 pistons all around,most guys think when the bite comes up you need to stiffen the car,sprongs,oil etc not always true the cat need a certain amount of roll to keep from traction rolling,just my thoughts

my combination does actually allow the car to roll. The high roll center just cuts the side bite and keeps the car from wanting to tractions roll. And my car almost never is chirping the tires in the corner and scrubbing speed. I don't need sway bars to keep the car flat cause I am not digging the car into the corners. I run the blues all the way around since i am cutting the side bite inthe front I need to free up the back to match, so the blues springs all the way around are for balence in the car. I was also able to run as fast on old tires and I was on new tires. The new tires didn't make my car faster, just more precise. I run the thicker oil for the chicanes where there is a quick side to side transfer of weight so the car does not get upset going through. I also was running a losi piston wiht three holes.

When grip comes up I agree, stiffening the car isn't the answer, That is why freeing the car up with roll center adjustment works so well. The High Roll center allows the car to roll thru the center of the corner and maintain momentum. This also helps with gearing. Cause if you can keep the cars momentum up, sometimes you can run a taller gear.

RedRocket
Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Definetly get the itf chassis and upper deck,go to rc10.com Kyle Skidmore has a great asphalt set up frpm reedy
I only have the ITF top deck currently. Is that enough to change my lap times or do I have to have both to see any difference at all?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cpatel529
Anders,
That is some great info! I did not run this weekend but I will be running there tomorrow. I just started running touring cars a few weeks ago. I run in the outlaw class (the all metallic red TC5).
Chirag,

On the last stop of the NWIC series at Big Dad's this last weekend you had three TC5's in the top 4 for stock rubber. In fact all three had different setups, so the car is really nice to work with and you should have no problem finding a setup that suites your driving style.

Anders has a setup that works and is a great place to start.

-Chris Brostrom
Old 02-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I only have the ITF top deck currently. Is that enough to change my lap times or do I have to have both to see any difference at all?
It is my opinion that you will notice a slight change in the car but you don't need to run out and get the bottom deck to get maximum performance out of the car.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, I'll try the ITF this saturday and see if my lap times get any better. I take it I should use Kyle Skidmore's setup only without the ITF chassis... to start.
thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

For those who are looking for TC5 setups, look this page.
Traction is not always mentioned but there is a wide diversity of tracks from NA to Oz via Europe.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nice link, thanks.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

OK, I'll try the ITF this saturday and see if my lap times get any better. I take it I should use Kyle Skidmore's setup only without the ITF chassis... to start.
thanks
I think you will like it,asking for set up here is like asking what motor to run,best advice is to play with set up,go extreme to see what happens and back off from there,are you going to the carpet nats if so i will see you there

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.