Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I just dont get how juho's setup is working over here in the states.. Or that the team guys would just run that setup and improve on it. I mean Rick Howart when asked what were the setups they were using he responded with "easy we all run juho's lrp masters setup".

The LRP MASTER was run on carpet with almost no grip.. In the states our carpet starts out better than that on a fresh layout. Also adding that he was using lrp tires and here we are using mainly cs-27s and rp-30's and now Jaco Tires as well.

Brent I would love to see if you could get Mathias larsens(sp) setup from the iic. We was doing extremely well, until he was wacked by a non contending driver in the A MAIN 19T. Also he was running on the new jaco rubber tires too. I would just like to see what he ended up running
Old 10-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallstreet
I just dont get how juho's setup is working over here in the states.. Or that the team guys would just run that setup and improve on it. I mean Rick Howart when asked what were the setups they were using he responded with "easy we all run juho's lrp masters setup".

The LRP MASTER was run on carpet with almost no grip.. In the states our carpet starts out better than that on a fresh layout. Also adding that he was using lrp tires and here we are using mainly cs-27s and rp-30's and now Jaco Tires as well.

Brent I would love to see if you could get Mathias larsens(sp) setup from the iic. We was doing extremely well, until he was wacked by a non contending driver in the A MAIN 19T. Also he was running on the new jaco rubber tires too. I would just like to see what he ended up running
dunno why but it just does... very easy to drive, although i have gone to harder oils in the shocks
Old 10-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Well I ran a TC5 for almost 4-months, and it has problems. I can tell you that Associated knows this too, the team drivers just can't admit it. Clearly Losi, XRay, and Schmacher is on the ball with the current crop of TC's out there.

I ran the Juho setup, ran fair. I tried the Rick Howart setup, little better. Ran the Craig Dreschler setup, ran even better. On Craigs setup, I kept tweaking the setup looking for mid-corner traction and just couldn't find enough. As has been discussed, and disputed, the Suspension Arms and C-Hubs are too flexible. Just grab the top of the left or right C-Hub and give a little rearward pressure, watch the entire arm and hub flex about 6-10 degrees. Aluminum parts would be great, but someone still needs to mold a stronger Suspension Arm. Who cares if it weighs a little more.

I've seen stated in one magazine that this car was designed for Carpet Foam racing, but if that was the case, parts would have been designed stronger and stiffer. This car is a good Rubber Tire car, probably best on pavement.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I also saw some pictures of Juho's car from the IIC race, and noticed that he was using TC3 or TC4 Steering Blocks and Rear Hubs, not TC5 parts. Note that AE had standard Plastic and Graphite parts available. These were clearly the graphite parts from the lighter grayish color, not solid black plastic.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ooliganRC
dunno why but it just does... very easy to drive, although i have gone to harder oils in the shocks
I found the setup fine, too. Two of our local hotshoes are running it with a little tweaking and are running laps just as fast as our local CanWest RC (Xray) factory guy. We run on a high-traction track and it seems fine. Although, none of us who have the TC5 have gone to the thinner chassis or top deck.

I agree that the parts are a bit soft, but on the other end of that, I've barely broken anything in a month of racing it. I'm more than willing to sacrifice a couple tenths for a car that will actually let me finish a main when a couple corners jump out at me. I'm presently almost a half second off pace of the fastest laps, but I'm not quite at the level of the fast guys, either. I used to run an RDX with pretty much all aluminum except the arms and it still broke every week. I also find that the car does not tweak easily. Unless there's a cracked part, the car keeps driving normally, even after a couple smacks.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

AE win big again. This time at the International Speed Weekend.

1. Levänen
2. Graversen
3. N'Diaye
4. Moore
5. Weiß
6. Fischer
7. Völker
8. Leino
9. Hagberg
10. Sieber
Old 10-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatbear
AE win big again. This time at the International Speed Weekend.

1. Levänen
2. Graversen
3. N'Diaye
4. Moore
5. Weiß
6. Fischer
7. Völker
8. Leino
9. Hagberg
10. Sieber
Congrats Juho....great driver....and great setup guy...
Old 10-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twistedone
Guys I need some help
Im really beating my self up with trying to get correct gearing in my tc5
heres what I got
mm/orion 13.5
100/43
57mm tires
i'm seeing ratios of 8.+ and being told to get it at 4.00+ or - a few numbers
where is a good place to be
can someone help me out
Am I missing something here? I couldn't fit a 36 tooth pinion in the car while running the stock 87 tooth spur gear. I had to go down to the 84 spur.

How are you fitting a 43 tooth pinion with a 100 tooth spur? Is that using 64 pitch?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Some people have metnioned a set-up for rubber tire carpet in stock class, try this and tweak from there.

Front-
50wt oil, #2 piston
Gold spring
5.25 mm ride height
7mm droop (on gauge)
3rd hole out on tower, out on arm
6 deg caster
1mm of shim behind hinge pin mounts F and R
2A postion for mounts
1A ackerman
2mm wheelbase shim in rear, 1mm in front of arm
#3 camber link position
-1.5 deg camber
one way

Rear-
40 wt, #2
blue spring
5.5 mm ride height
6mm droop using gauge
3rd hole out on tower, inside hole on arm
2mm toe @ bulkheat, .5 deg outboard toe
2A position for mounts
3A camber link with 1 mm shim underneath ball stud
2mm shim at rear of arm, 1mm in front of arm for wheelbase
-2 deg camber

If I left anything out just ask,
Old 10-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_Bro
Does this include rubber tires on capet or is this mainly for asphalt ? Has anyone come up with a good setup for stock rubber tires on carpet ?
I have not run on carpet with rubber tires yet with this car. The 27th will be my first time and I plan on going with my own set up. If it's way off pace then I'll give what the rest of the team is running a try.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Some people have metnioned a set-up for rubber tire carpet in stock class, try this and tweak from there.

Front-
50wt oil, #2 piston
Gold spring
5.25 mm ride height
7mm droop (on gauge)
3rd hole out on tower, out on arm
6 deg caster
1mm of shim behind hinge pin mounts F and R
2A postion for mounts
1A ackerman
2mm wheelbase shim in rear, 1mm in front of arm
#3 camber link position
-1.5 deg camber
one way

Rear-
40 wt, #2
blue spring
5.5 mm ride height
6mm droop using gauge
3rd hole out on tower, inside hole on arm
2mm toe @ bulkheat, .5 deg outboard toe
2A position for mounts
3A camber link with 1 mm shim underneath ball stud
2mm shim at rear of arm, 1mm in front of arm for wheelbase
-2 deg camber

If I left anything out just ask,

you didn't include what body you were using or the type of stickers used

seriously though.....one quick question......are the team guys running sway bars with their rubber tire carpet set up's?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not that I know for sure, but I don't think Juho's setup had the sways. I, personally, will probably leave the sways off unless start getting crazy traction roll issues in the big races.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
you didn't include what body you were using or the type of stickers used

seriously though.....one quick question......are the team guys running sway bars with their rubber tire carpet set up's?
Mazda 6. I think that just about everyone but me ran sway bars on their cars.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

i have seen some very nice handling tc5's on rubber tires and they have not had sway bars on them

brandon is that your iic setup.... for a jack only track and jaco tires ?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet

if one of the best drivers in the world is recomending something....why question it and bitch about it? not logical....why overthink everything and dial yourself out?

Last edited by Maybell; 10-14-2007 at 08:50 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.