Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default shock problem!!!

thanks everyone for your info, but they are leaking from the top, not through the srewed on cap but i think it is coming out between the cap and the black plastic shock mount. i've tried rebuilding them a bunch of times and i cant get them to not leak. any more hints?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

1. You are using the rubber bladder on top?

2. Are you making sure the bladder is seated in the shock body, and the plastic shock top is seated on the bladder before you screw on the blue aluminum cap?

Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to eliminate everything. The bladder should be stopping the oil from getting into the top part of the shock. Maybe your bladders are no good??
Old 08-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the bladders are on good its not the first car i build i did it for the tc4 and it was fine i think the bladders are bad but i dunno thanks for the tip.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ooliganRC
got a package from titanium racing today.

tc5 spool, world cvd drive shafts and new 1 piece lightened layshaft.

had to put 100g of weight in the car.
Thanks for the help m8, i got my tc5 spool, world cvd drive shafts and new 1 piece lightened layshaft!! today VERY VERY NICE!!!

Ste.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcfree
Thanks for the help m8, i got my tc5 spool, world cvd drive shafts and new 1 piece lightened layshaft!! today VERY VERY NICE!!!

Ste.
Where are you guys ordering this stuff from?

Also, anybody notice the wheel hexes are super tight on the axles? I tried sticking a screwdriver in the slot to widen it but the material is too thick. I just put on some black grease to help put them on but im not looking forward to taking them off.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Where are you guys ordering this stuff from?

Also, anybody notice the wheel hexes are super tight on the axles? I tried sticking a screwdriver in the slot to widen it but the material is too thick. I just put on some black grease to help put them on but im not looking forward to taking them off.
My hexes were a little tight to....I did a very carful dremel job on mine with just the right bit....but Im not sure if this is the best way....maybe Brent or someone will give a better tip...
Old 08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
My hexes were a little tight to....I did a very carful dremel job on mine with just the right bit....but Im not sure if this is the best way....maybe Brent or someone will give a better tip...
I carry a small aluminum block and small screwdriver for slot to remove mine. had to do it twice so far. The block goes under the hex for support with a sliver of duct tape to keep from scratching the blue anodise.

The reason these are tight....they bore hole to size, then cut the slot...when cutting the slot the material colapses in. They need to rebore after slot, or hone them if their insisting on that tight of a fit.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Anyone interested in selling their battery hold down strap and post and screws? Need one ASAP. Please let me know. dont check boards often so please email me at [email protected] or pm me.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down

I finally got a chance to sit down last night with the goal of finishing the build of my car with the hope of running it this weekend.

I started putting together the CVD's only to discover that one of the CVA couplers wasn't drilled properly.
This wasn't just a burr or slight blockage, but the hole was simply drilled too small. Weird.

Since I only had a 1/16th drill bit at my house I went ahead and cleared the hole but now its just a wee-bit too large and the axle has some slop. No biggie. I can live with that...

Later I start assembling the a-arm assemblies to the chassis.
According to the directions, I need to use the "2-dot" arm mounts.

Ok. fetch the parts tree, look for the 2-dot ones... guess what? ONE has fallen off the plastic tree. Unfortunately it's not laying in the bottom of the parts bag. It's just gone...

Ugh. OK. I'll just use the 1 dot ones and I probably won't even notice the difference with my (lack of) driving skill.

Onward I go. Now I'm assembling the center drive pulleys. I promptly drop the assembly and !poof! the 4mm shims vanish into thin air! Geez I hope I don't really need those. I guess I'll order more later.

Now I'm really getting somewhere! The car is taking shape and I'm gonna install the drive components. It's all downhill from there.

In fact, I can almost hear my Vector-TC combo whirring around the track!!

I've heard on here from others that the belt tension can be a bit tricky but I don't expect any trouble. Except I do...

But my trouble isn't that the rear belt is too tight. It's not even too loose.

My problem seems to be related to the fact that the freaking belt ISN'T EVEN THERE!!!

$369 for a half-packed half-inspected "kit". Cornholio must have been on shift when my kit was boxed.

At this point I'm pissed. I'm just gonna go to bed and deal with it tomorrow.

So today I call Associated. I get less than stellar service.

The rep says he will send me the parts but he doesn't sound like he believes me. He also doesn't offer the first apology or even sound interested.

I'm so bummed that I now won't get to run the car this weekend. I don't even get riled.

Is this what our money buys us these days? I'll get the parts in "about a week"

I'm not expecting a free t-shirt or anything but at least an apology and rush shipping would have been nice. You'd think that the money AE saved skipping the QC process could have covered the cost of Priority shipping.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Slippery Dan,

That's too bad that happened to you, you must have gotten the kit from h*ll, my kit was excellent to build but I know that doesn't help you. Hang in there, when you do finally get to run your TC5, I am sure you'll be pleased. I have received bad kits from other manufacturers too, it can happen to any of them.

Steve
Old 08-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

slippery dan- i feel your pain brother i cant tell you how many kits i have built with missing parts(i used to work at a hobby shop) from all different manufactures but being an associated driver for the last 8 years i have realized that associated is always on top of their game when it comes to this kind of stuff and they will get you the parts as soon as they can. They have always strived for perfection and in most cases got it! but with anything mass produced there are bound to be a few mistakes, i know it doesn help but your situation may have caught something they will help them in the long run. just hang on man u know the wait will be worth

sincerest apologies

leon mcintosh
Old 08-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

My kit was missing the CVD pin and the pin in one of the dogbones wasnt there either. The phone call to AE to get it corrected was uneventful though. Parts were at my house in 3 days.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:50 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,

Anyone know where I can pick up a spool? Or when they will be in stock??

thanks,
Old 08-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

losi part house, they also sell associated parts.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

One of the ballstuds in my kit didnt have the hex in it. A pair of pliers solved that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.