Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 06-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie
I found a place that answered my question. If anyone is interested here's the link to it:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3255405/tm.htm

According to what I came up with there, I should use a 22 tooth pinion.

Thanks for your reply.
your rite Charlie! 22 should be good...
Old 06-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lex Tyler
Hey Walter,

I haven't seen you since the Reedy Race in 04'. Hope all is well. I might have to try your set-up.

Lex Tyler
Lex, Its been awhile! All is good here, You?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone want a brand new stock chassis and top plate to the TC5?
$50 plus shipping. let me know if interested.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default HELP

i compressed the diff springs but i still cant screw in the diff bolt... any suggestions? (and the nut is all the way in the cage already)

thanks - jason
Old 06-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

hi, im just in the middle of building mine, i had the same problem, yeah make shure the nut it all the way in the holder give it a gentle 'tap' then when u screw the bolt push down on the nut holder @ the same time! i used a diff setting tool 2 push on the holder.

thanks.
ste.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tcfree
hi, im just in the middle of building mine, i had the same problem, yeah make shure the nut it all the way in the holder give it a gentle 'tap' then when u screw the bolt push down on the nut holder @ the same time! i used a diff setting tool 2 push on the holder.

thanks.
ste.
skiving work are we kenneth!!!???
Old 06-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

hi can some 1 please confirm if the tc4 and tc5 oneway outdrives are the same??

Thanks.
ste.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So who carries the itf chassis in stock?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Default Ball Cups

51, EA...
What's the deal with the ball cups? They're a little soft. When adjusting camber toe etc. they pop off one end or the other. So I switched them out with the B4 ball cups.

Also, would it be possible to change the design of the ball cups similar to Losi or Xray in the style that they are open on the top so that you don't need to remove the cup from the ball in order to add or relocate the links.

Thanks,
E
Old 06-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protocol_droid
So who carries the itf chassis in stock?

Check Tower or maybe speed tech. You must rember this car was just released and it takes a little time to build up stock.

E
Old 06-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EricF
51, EA...
What's the deal with the ball cups? They're a little soft. When adjusting camber toe etc. they pop off one end or the other. So I switched them out with the B4 ball cups.

Also, would it be possible to change the design of the ball cups similar to Losi or Xray in the style that they are open on the top so that you don't need to remove the cup from the ball in order to add or relocate the links.

Thanks,
E
Im no expert by any means, but couldnt you just switch out the ball studs to ones compatable with open ended ball cups?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

51, EA...

Thanks,
E
Eric,

I am not sure. The ones I Have are some of the best ball cups I have ever had. After a few weeks of use on mine I still have almost zero play in them. My kit is a production kit as well. Brent (51) may know if there was a running change in the materials or something.

As for the open top design most of the guys just use a small drill bit and pop a hole in the ball cup (not really what you want to hear) to do what your talking about. It works perfect but is a little bit of a PIA to do them all at first. But the good thing is it only has to be done once! LOL

EA
Old 06-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Also I know that 51 and most all of the other AE guys are at the Off-Road Nats this week so questions may get answered a little slower.

EA
Old 06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Congrats on the new ride EA.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

51, EA...

Thanks,
E
put a little shock oil or Losis new-tan colored thrust grease on the threads before you put the cups on.....and you shouldnt have a problem....

the problem isnt the cups dude....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.