Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

My TC5 is on the way, I can't wait to get it!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
That's just you. What about those who do? Regular kit + new chassis + new top deck=? Racing is never cheap my freind no matter how you look at it.
I gladly paid extra for my Type-R so I can race on ANY type surface without needing new chassis/decks. It would be nice to see kits out there that can do this.
Just so you know the Type-R was actually designed as a CARPET car. This information was from some of the Losi people at the reedy race. The TC5 was sent out as a carpet car as well but has options to make it work for asphalt. No other chassis is offered for the Type-R.

Dont get me wrong Type-R is a good car but you might want to get off that high losi horse your on.

Corey
Old 06-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

That's just you. What about those who do? Regular kit + new chassis + new top deck=? Racing is never cheap my freind no matter how you look at it.
I gladly paid extra for my Type-R so I can race on ANY type surface without needing new chassis/decks. It would be nice to see kits out there that can do this.
Re-read my post my friend, I said that I do race asphalt in the summer, and carpet in the winter, so this does affect me. I have my TC5 arriving possibly on Monday and I could not be happier with my decision. The TC5 is a great deal, even with the ITF package and the spool that I will be picking up. First off these items will only make the performance better, they would not be needed for everyone, there are several people here saying that they like their cars performance without the ITF stuff yet. Oh and by the way buying the ITF chassis and topdeck from Horizon will cost about what Xray's chassis alone cost. Do you want to compare price on the arms, if we were in a crash together and we both broke a front arm, you would be buying a single arm that costs about 11.00. I would be buying 2 arms that cost a total of 4.95 from stormer, oh the silence.

One final thing, why did you feel the need to come here in the first place, you brought nothing with you. I hope Losi comes out with a asphalt upgrade kit for their car, if they do expect to hear about it.

Your Friend,
Steve
Old 06-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys,

why u all discussing the IFT Chassie- I run my TC5 on Asphalt with the Stock Chassie (without big changes from the manual setup) and was faster as with an 007 Europe version. But i have the ITF Chassie in my Bag and i will test it this week, when im fatser with it...i use it :-) Im happy that i am fast with the Stock Chassie, but more happy when i can get more faster with the ITF :-)

@JL: is it enough when i change only the Chassie, or i must drive a complete different Setup? What u think?

Greetings,
Marcel
Old 06-09-2007, 03:15 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Guys I'm not putting your TC5 down. Looks like a good car. If I didn't run a Losi this would be my pick. Not paying for any over priced car from overseas.
I'm just dislike the fact that mfr's try to market stuff that they say you need when you don't. Like an asphalt car or a carpet car, diff. chassis, decks etc. Can't someone design a car that can do it all?

I can purchase arms at around $7 at my lhs. You pay your $4.95+shipping from stromer. Dunno were $11 came from.
I can frequent any thread I please Corallyman. Nice name
Roach, the type R has it's flaws, like the arms; which have been resolved, but the chassis not being one of them. Never said it was perfect.

nuff said on my part freinds.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ran the car today and it was great right out of the box, couple of minor adjustments from thelke's setup using cs-27's, I turned the front diff into a spool and running a 3.5 novak w/ 5cells. running the itf chassis
-
My only problem is i fried the outdrives, they melted in the diff and the melted in the spool and are now torched. I only ran the rear diff 3 times before it melted. I rebuilt them the best I could and they should get me thru the last 3 races tommorrow. We run a modified reedy format 6 runs heads up.
-
Is there a solution for this running mod. I see the aluminum outdrives are avail soon at tower, Were these being used at the reedy race.
-
has anyone had this problem yet?

Thanks
-
Old 06-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbmartin
Ran the car today and it was great right out of the box, couple of minor adjustments from thelke's setup using cs-27's, I turned the front diff into a spool and running a 3.5 novak w/ 5cells. running the itf chassis
-
My only problem is i fried the outdrives, they melted in the diff and the melted in the spool and are now torched. I only ran the rear diff 3 times before it melted. I rebuilt them the best I could and they should get me thru the last 3 races tommorrow. We run a modified reedy format 6 runs heads up.
-
Is there a solution for this running mod. I see the aluminum outdrives are avail soon at tower, Were these being used at the reedy race.
-
has anyone had this problem yet?

Thanks
-
Brandon Melton had this problem at the Reedy race and it ended up that his rear diff was not tight enough. Make sure that when you build it you compress the spring with pliers first. Then assemble it, tighten it all the way down and then back it off about 1/4 of a turn. For mod you may only got 1/8-1/4 of a turn out. After he did this he never had another problem.

Good luck tomorrow!! Give Butter hell in Mod!

EA
Old 06-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

All good

Last edited by corallyman; 06-09-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:06 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Never said you couldn't make posts here, friend. Wow putting down usernames huh, well you can put your type-r where the Dasupacat1 don't shine.

Steve Curry
Whoa bud.
you got pm.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

Good luck tomorrow!! Give Butter hell in Mod!

EA
thanks eric, I'll try that, I had been backing out 1/4, so i'll try an 8th.
i also tried running the diff front and back and that was a bad idea in mod. very slow out of the turns
-
I should be in his runs tommorrow, he has yet to make it 5 mins though, keeps shutting down, he did make 4.5 mins in practice though. so he is getting closer.
-
Old 06-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Guys I'm not putting your TC5 down. Looks like a good car. If I didn't run a Losi this would be my pick. Not paying for any over priced car from overseas.
I'm just dislike the fact that mfr's try to market stuff that they say you need when you don't. Like an asphalt car or a carpet car, diff. chassis, decks etc. Can't someone design a car that can do it all?

I can purchase arms at around $7 at my lhs. You pay your $4.95+shipping from stromer. Dunno were $11 came from.
I can frequent any thread I please Corallyman. Nice name
Roach, the type R has it's flaws, like the arms; which have been resolved, but the chassis not being one of them. Never said it was perfect.

nuff said on my part freinds.

Bro, for the price of a TC5 you can not do better... and the TC5 has wins in carpet and asphalt..
It's great to see a new car come out and priced great..
Old 06-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

While I tend to agree with you in principal, it's just not realistic as I see it. Customers have come to expect tuning options and choices, as a manufacture we choose to offer those choices because if we don't, other companies will (i.e. BMI & the TC3). No one ever said that someone had to have the ITF chassis. It is a tuning option that yields more chassis flex, sometimes that's not desirable on asphalt, sometimes it is.

We are dealing with the highest level of competition and in other forms of racing there are multiple versions of the "same" car as well. I'd love to see what a NASCAR set up for oval would do on a road course...
Old 06-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mainracer
I just wanted to post on here since I have recently been added to the strong AE team and I will be here along with Brent, Rick, Walter, Brandon and EA to answer question you may have about the new car.
I'm pretty fired up to have Keven on the team. He is a great young driver who is committed to developing the car, working on his own driving and most importantly supporting the customers. Welcome to the Team Q-bert!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 51
I'd love to see what a NASCAR set up for oval would do on a road course...
WOW...one week of the "rednecks" and we have Brent making comparisons to NASCAR!

What is gonna happen after you spend a week in NC at the Truck Nats.?!?!?!?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:28 PM
DMH
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TC5 Diff

I have run my TC5 for about 2 weeks now, and was wanting to know if you can adjust the diff height on the car. If you can please explain how. Thanks Doug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.