Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 09-01-2009, 09:44 PM
  #10696  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,690
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Question for the set up gurus (maybe Rick H can help me on this one)

The setup im currently running uses a 3 wheelbase in the front, and 2 in the rear (IE, 3mm shim in front of the front arm, and 2mm in front of the rear arm). What would be the effect of going to a 2 in the front, and 1 in the back, keeping the wheelbase the same, but moving the arms forward and relative to the chassis?
geeunit1014 is offline  
Old 09-01-2009, 10:22 PM
  #10697  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Verndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mark506 View Post
whys everyone selling there TC5?
From what I can tell as asphalt season nears an end in many areas, people are getting ready for either offroad or carpet season....so they sell. I bought my TC5 a little over 2 years ago, and since have run a second car (007 and 008) and to this day, the TC5 still handles as well if not better then either "luxury car".

I've seen several of our areas better racers go away from the TC5 and then come back and buy another one. As new models come out people want to find the holly grail of sedans, often finding they gained nothing and only lost time and money.
Verndog is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 12:14 AM
  #10698  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (80)
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,082
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default Arm mount positioning

Keeping the arms level, what affects do you have using the three different arm mounts?
pakk is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 12:22 AM
  #10699  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia.
Posts: 1,343
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pakk View Post
Keeping the arms level, what affects do you have using the three different arm mounts?
You can get pro/anti-dive (front) and/or pro/anti squat doing this will effect castor angles so you wanna check how degrees of dive compared to the castor block. For example with 6 degree castor blocks with 2 degrees of anti-dive will give you a total of 4 degrees castor.
Scooter79rs is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 12:24 AM
  #10700  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (80)
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,082
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Isn't that what you get when you use different mounts? I mean, if you ran all 1 dot mounts all the way around versus running 3 dot mounts all the way around.

--pakk
pakk is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 12:33 AM
  #10701  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pakk View Post
Isn't that what you get when you use different mounts? I mean, if you ran all 1 dot mounts all the way around versus running 3 dot mounts all the way around.

--pakk
That would just change your roll center.

Scooter is referring to using different dot blocks in the front front and front rear which will give you anti dive or kickup. Same difference for the rear.
rezenclowd3 is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 12:35 AM
  #10702  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (80)
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,082
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Ok, that is what I wanted to know.

It changes roll center.

Thanks
pakk is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 05:15 AM
  #10703  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
mr crum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tampa florida 813
Posts: 1,591
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
Question for the set up gurus (maybe Rick H can help me on this one)

The setup im currently running uses a 3 wheelbase in the front, and 2 in the rear (IE, 3mm shim in front of the front arm, and 2mm in front of the rear arm). What would be the effect of going to a 2 in the front, and 1 in the back, keeping the wheelbase the same, but moving the arms forward and relative to the chassis?
shorter the wheelbase the better turn in but u loose stability
mr crum is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 07:39 AM
  #10704  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18
Default

Can anyone give me dimensions for the diff rings or drive rings that are used in a TC5 or TC4. And if they are D-rings???

OD/ID and thickness would be great.

thank you
Walter
Anytime72 is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 AM
  #10705  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,690
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
shorter the wheelbase the better turn in but u loose stability
Thats not what I am asking. In short, im wondering what will happen if you move both front and rear arms forward, but the wheelbase stays the same
geeunit1014 is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 AM
  #10706  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 81
Default Just got a new TC5R

Okay guys need some help. I just got the TC5R car and started buying a body some replacement parts etc.

I am also purchasing a Futaba 603FS reciever since I have a Futaba 4pk transmitter.
I also will purchase a Futaba low profile digital servo. Is that okay?

Need advice on the Motor and Esc.

What KV range should I be looking in to get good speed and balance of low end torque. What is a dependable unit with fan. Any thoughts on which units are more efficient with better run times. Mostly club racing, some cobbled together parking lots, mid to long straights quite a few turns and switch backs.

Castle, Novak, LRP --- any brand recommendations also.

Do these electrics require as many holes in body for cooling like the Nitros?


Jim
authorjim is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 10:21 AM
  #10707  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by authorjim View Post
Okay guys need some help. I just got the TC5R car and started buying a body some replacement parts etc.

I am also purchasing a Futaba 603FS reciever since I have a Futaba 4pk transmitter.
I also will purchase a Futaba low profile digital servo. Is that okay?

Need advice on the Motor and Esc.

What KV range should I be looking in to get good speed and balance of low end torque. What is a dependable unit with fan. Any thoughts on which units are more efficient with better run times. Mostly club racing, some cobbled together parking lots, mid to long straights quite a few turns and switch backs.

Castle, Novak, LRP --- any brand recommendations also.

Do these electrics require as many holes in body for cooling like the Nitros?


Jim
Racing or bashing? If racing, what class?
or8ital is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 01:13 PM
  #10708  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 554
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the help guys, thanks joe I appreciate it. I think I am going to just run the diffs. Do you guys think a spool is 100% necessary on carpet? How about a 1 way? Any thoughts...
chuckharrisjr is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 01:23 PM
  #10709  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
trdsupra88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southwest
Posts: 2,531
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

You wont dig running the diff in the front, look at all the driver sheets from the past few years adn they all run spools...all you need to do is remove the balls and put the slipper pads in...your choice though...You may fight setup if you are following a setup from a spooled car...
trdsupra88 is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 03:43 PM
  #10710  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 81
Default Class, what are the classes

To: or8ital

Trying to get some people together for parking lot club racing. I don't yet know about classes, please enlighten me.

Couple of more questions popped up, what's a spool?

What tires, by brand and what wheels?


Sorry for all the questions but I'm new at electric. Used to GT2 nitro.

Jim
authorjim is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.