Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 06-28-2009, 07:34 PM
  #9976  
Tech Adept
 
Fabricio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 210
Default Tamiya damper set

I would like to know if someone have tried other set of dampers on the car.

I have seem in another forum that the tamiya ones would fit and work much better than the stock ones.

Since I bought my car, I think the performance of the dampers are not good and they are contantly leaking.

So I decided to change it for more reliable ones.

Can someone point which set to choose?
Fabricio is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:42 PM
  #9977  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
mr crum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tampa florida 813
Posts: 1,591
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fabricio View Post
I would like to know if someone have tried other set of dampers on the car.

I have seem in another forum that the tamiya ones would fit and work much better than the stock ones.

Since I bought my car, I think the performance of the dampers are not good and they are contantly leaking.

So I decided to change it for more reliable ones.

Can someone point which set to choose?
i run ft tc4 shocks
mr crum is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:48 PM
  #9978  
Tech Adept
 
Fabricio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 210
Default

Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
i run ft tc4 shocks
mr crum,

what is the difference between them?
Fabricio is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 08:37 PM
  #9979  
Tech Master
iTrader: (65)
 
BIG DADDY8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 1,560
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fabricio View Post
mr crum,

what is the difference between them?
There much easier to build and they don't leak.
BIG DADDY8 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 08:57 PM
  #9980  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,659
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Personally I think Tamiya makes the best shocks on the market right now. i'm planning on putting a set on my TC5 eventually.
Jon Kerr is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 09:16 PM
  #9981  
Tech Adept
 
Fabricio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 210
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr View Post
Personally I think Tamiya makes the best shocks on the market right now. i'm planning on putting a set on my TC5 eventually.
Jon do you have any idea of what set are you planning to use?

I have seem some sets on rc-mushroom but I am not quite sure if they are the goods ones, the TRF shocks.
Fabricio is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 11:23 PM
  #9982  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Kajman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 376
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

TRF Shocks. Best would be blue ones.
Kajman is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 11:28 PM
  #9983  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
TRXRACER99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,094
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

i would stick to the tc5 shocks you just have to use the right shims and not cut things down. I have bin running mine since feb. and check the shocks after every day out racing.
TRXRACER99 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 11:39 PM
  #9984  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,690
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Tamiya Part #49355 is what you want
geeunit1014 is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 07:43 AM
  #9985  
Tech Adept
 
Fabricio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 210
Default

Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
Tamiya Part #49355 is what you want
Have just make a search on the following webstores:

rcmushroom
rcmart
rcmarket
rcmodel
precisionrc
towerhobbies
amainhobbies

Can you point another one that got it in stock?
Fabricio is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 AM
  #9986  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Black Country, England
Posts: 340
Default

Get TRF's on, they are superior in everyway... The only thing you will need are the ball joints for thw wishbone then they are a direct replacment.
Nick Priest is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 09:12 AM
  #9987  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Thirtybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Metrot Detroit, MI
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I don't know if the length is the same, but the YS-1SSS-7 Super Low-Friction Pro Shock Set works great on my car and are blue anodized.
Thirtybird is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 09:42 AM
  #9988  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upper Milwaukee
Posts: 2,731
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nick Priest View Post
Get TRF's on, they are superior in everyway... The only thing you will need are the ball joints for thw wishbone then they are a direct replacment.
Tamiya TRF shocks are the best in the business. But like some of you guys said the shocks dont fit well with the foams and bladder stuff but mine have never had a problem. never leaked at all.

I'd run the tc5 shocks and if they suck buy TRF ones.
not home is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM
  #9989  
Tech Adept
 
Fabricio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 210
Default

Originally Posted by not home View Post
Tamiya TRF shocks are the best in the business. But like some of you guys said the shocks dont fit well with the foams and bladder stuff but mine have never had a problem. never leaked at all.

I'd run the tc5 shocks and if they suck buy TRF ones.
I am running them since I bought the car almost 2 years ago.

The 2 main problems with mine are the rear diff which generally I have to made after running 2 or 3 packs but I have some ideas to change it.

The other is the shocks, I want more reliable ones, and the Tamiya ones are the most pointed by the local guys at the track and by the guys here.

Just having now some difficulty to find them on the internet by the part number #49335 Could no find anything, still looking.
Fabricio is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 11:17 AM
  #9990  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (86)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,934
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fabricio View Post
Just having now some difficulty to find them on the internet by the part number #49335 Could no find anything, still looking.
Here's why. According to TamiyaUSA's website, they are discontinued.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/search.php?...x=31&image.y=4
MUDVAYNE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.