I have F drop about 2mm and rear 2.5mm

Hope this helps!

m.
I have sent you a PM
Cubic$Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:12 AM   #9707
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Hey guys I just picked up a TC5R and am having a very hard time trying to get the diff's to tighten up. Its like the trust screw is too short or somthing. I was just wondering if any of you guys had any similar problems or maybe im just doing somthing wrong? Any help or advice would be great. Any yes I have compressed the diff spring and all that kind of stuff.
Rdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:06 AM   #9708
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdog View Post
Hey guys I just picked up a TC5R and am having a very hard time trying to get the diff's to tighten up. Its like the trust screw is too short or somthing. I was just wondering if any of you guys had any similar problems or maybe im just doing somthing wrong? Any help or advice would be great. Any yes I have compressed the diff spring and all that kind of stuff.

Hi!

Have you push lock nut into plastic part to the end ?

I have alu diffs made from plastic version (foam kit), I only replace outdrives for alu one and I don't have this problem :-)

I don't have oryginal diff set from tc5r, maybe from foam kit screw is longer then R version.

Regards,
m.
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:44 AM   #9709
Tech Apprentice

Default TC5 diff screw

The good news is - you're not the first to have this problem.
First make sure that the nut is fully pressed into the black plastic T-nut.

Next, you need a bar of a size to go in the slot and press against the T-nut.
You then need enormous force to press down on the driver to compress the spring enough to start the thread. The bar stops the T-nut from moving.
I hold the bar in a vice and use my whole weight to press down.
And your problems aren't over yet.
Be VERY careful when you tighten the nut to set the diff adjustment.
It will strip the thread very easily. Make sure you have a spare nut to hand.
HTH
Don
donwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:44 AM   #9710
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Randy if you can't get it bring it to FW tomorrow or come up north today I'll be racing at Lowes
The Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #9711
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Someone advised that I use Associated part #6575 T-Nut & Diff Bolt and I did. With this part the diff went together without any problems or frustrations. It is a simple fix for anyone that is having trouble putting the diff together.
Cubic$Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #9712
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Will a motor run cooler with 64 pitch vs 48? What's the advantage of 64
Remember this..... Heaven and Hell are really not places, just your state of mind.
JdogL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #9713
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdogL View Post
the biggest diffrence is that u can find more intricate gearing the gear value of 48 changes alot just by adding one tooth
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #9714
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdogL View Post
if your a stock racer like me and keep eating 88t 64p gears for no reason at all, it is very hard to find a pinion being somewhere like a 39t (what im running) and a small spur in 48p because generally it isnt needed. apparently 64p is smoother but quieter.

would anyone know why i keep eating spurs? i had paul lemieux mesh the gear for me and it still go eaten up, along with a few other people because i thought it was me. i changed pinion gears too incase that may have been a factor too along with the spur gear hub. its kinda funky for this to happen.
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:52 PM   #9715
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by not home View Post
if your a stock racer like me and keep eating 88t 64p gears for no reason at all, it is very hard to find a pinion being somewhere like a 39t (what im running) and a small spur in 48p because generally it isnt needed. apparently 64p is smoother but quieter.

would anyone know why i keep eating spurs? i had paul lemieux mesh the gear for me and it still go eaten up, along with a few other people because i thought it was me. i changed pinion gears too incase that may have been a factor too along with the spur gear hub. its kinda funky for this to happen.
I chewed up a couple because the mesh was too loose, but mostly its when I hit something hard enought to move the motor.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:22 AM   #9716
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Q, Do you guys find tweak a problem with TC5R's ?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:15 AM   #9717
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by not home View Post

When I got my TC5R used from a buddy of mine they had some spur gear problems. The topshaft had some side to side play in it and that is whey they kept chewing up spur gears. Check to make sure you top don't have any excess play in it. I know my car has zero slop in it.

Another problem I hactually have when messing my gears is my motor mount is worn from the motor screws and gets dented up and then when you try to tighten up the motor it moves around while tightening since the motor mount is screw holes get a little chewed up. Nice thing is the motor mount is really cheap.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #9718
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisfrom619

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
When I got my TC5R used from a buddy of mine they had some spur gear problems. The topshaft had some side to side play in it and that is whey they kept chewing up spur gears. Check to make sure you top don't have any excess play in it. I know my car has zero slop in it.

Another problem I hactually have when messing my gears is my motor mount is worn from the motor screws and gets dented up and then when you try to tighten up the motor it moves around while tightening since the motor mount is screw holes get a little chewed up. Nice thing is the motor mount is really cheap.
My motor mount use to do that till I use that blue alluminum spacer as a washer for the motor mount.
#1 Sponsor: Wifey
Hpi baja, traxxas e-maxx,slash, AE TC5R, RC18R,SC10, Thunder Tiger EB4 S2, and Futaba 4pk

DHW Raceway San Diego CA.
Novice Class
chrisfrom619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #9719
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisfrom619

Quote:
make sure the nut is all the way in and you either make one of this tool or buy one I'm not sure if they still make it instead of using allenwrenches I made one myself to make my life lee miserable when rebuilding my diffs.

GOODLUCK!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-rc.jpg  
#1 Sponsor: Wifey
Hpi baja, traxxas e-maxx,slash, AE TC5R, RC18R,SC10, Thunder Tiger EB4 S2, and Futaba 4pk

DHW Raceway San Diego CA.
Novice Class
chrisfrom619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #9720
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
go to ur lhs get a t nut and thrust screw for a rc10 t3 off road truck and u will have zero problems
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote