R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #9271
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandr91 View Post
Do you know what the part #s are? Thanks
There are three different lengths of threads for each one. They are listed towards the bottom of this page.
http://67.199.85.166/main/maincatego...&nav=on1.10nav

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #9272
Tech Apprentice

Default 4deg tc4

I have it on good authority by an Associated sponsored driver team, that the FT TC5 comes with 4 degree castor blocks as standard, which would make sense with it being the FT TC5, doh!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #9273
CL
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks guys! That clears it up. I was going to get the Factory Team version(the no longer in production version) and the one piece spool, but that is not exactly what I needed.
CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #9274
Tech Master

Thanks, Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
There are three different lengths of threads for each one. They are listed towards the bottom of this page.
http://67.199.85.166/main/maincatego...&nav=on1.10nav
Old 04-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #9275
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default TC5R Shocks

Maybe someone here can give me some advice. I have a TC5R. I was having a problem with one of the shocks, I don't know what the part is called, but it is the larger black piece that holds the black plastic washer and the "o" ring in. It would not lock into the bottom of the shock body, so when I ran it, it would get loose and allow the "o" ring to come loose and allow all the oil to leak out. I had an upgrade kit for the F/T TC4 shocks, part # 31123. The larger black piece has a different shape, but I tried it and it seems to be a tight enough fit to secure the "o" ring. My question is, are they interchangeable? Is the shock body the same? If they are should I change all 4. Or, should I get a rebuild kit with the current large black piece # 31120?
svines1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #9276
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Yes they are the same shock body so the insides should work. Don't mix and match the insides though. If you have the VCS2 rebuild kit then use what is in the package. If you have the latest and greatest pieces from Associated then use everything in that package.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #9277
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

anyone have a problem with the tc5r chassis being countersunk to deep
Old 04-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #9278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
Warren,
A few people did. Contact AE about it. My TC5R only had an issue where the servo mount is. Other than that my car was good everywhere else.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #9279
Suspended

I had a problem with the holes in my chassis ben drilled too close together for the servo.. so took a few mm off the servo mounts and now it's fine..

Weird thing is my friend who is running the shame chassis (itf) and same servo (S9551) has the servo mounted in the same way as me just his servo has a bigger gap between the bulkhead and the front of the servo... Weird cars...

Easy to drive and easy to setup though which as a plus.
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #9280
Tech Elite

Does anyone know of a new motor mount for the TC5, that gives a greater range on the motor movement and a bigger opening for the pinion? Just asking.. I did try a search but it craps out every time I run it.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #9281
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
hey warren whats up. i have been dealing with this problem since i bought the itf chassis. i sent it to associated and they sent me back one that was worse i cant even tighten my bulheads. so im sending the new one back tommorrow and we will see what happens. in the meantime ive been running the standard chassis with the itf top plate at jackson and the car works beautiful
Old 04-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #9282
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Does anyone know of a new motor mount for the TC5, that gives a greater range on the motor movement and a bigger opening for the pinion? Just asking.. I did try a search but it craps out every time I run it.
Wow i never heard that before....what motor doesn't work? Or you wanna run taller gears? More like tall 48p?

We should email digity desgns for an all new one....with some fins to release heat too
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #9283
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Do you mean access to the pinion?
I completely agree with what a huge pain in the butt it is to get to the pinion and adjust the mesh.
6Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #9284
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATC3 View Post
Wow i never heard that before....what motor doesn't work? Or you wanna run taller gears? More like tall 48p?

We should email digity desgns for an all new one....with some fins to release heat too
It works, but you are really limited on the spur to pinion, because the adjustment holes are limited on the range of movement. I figured someone by now would have made something. also trying to get a 30 plus tooth pinion though the hole is not possible. With the FDR for 13.5 and 17.5 this is a big pain in the butt. When you are trying run the two classes with one car it is a bit of a problem.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #9285
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Damnit Man

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find it. I was wondering if there are any advantages to running the slipper spool over the regular spool. Will the slipper part of it cut down on busted blades?
Damnit Man is offline   Reply With Quote