Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Whats a good setup for the FT TC5 without the ITF chassis on rubber tires medium to high grip asphalt. Running Lipo and 13.5.

Cody
Old 02-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minittrackmann
Whats a good setup for the FT TC5 without the ITF chassis on rubber tires medium to high grip asphalt. Running Lipo and 13.5.

Cody
go to teamassociated.com there are several to choose from
Old 02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
I've tried jaco blue's, sorex 28's and xenon tires and have not changed anything.
Thanks..
Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Here is a new setup for you guys to try if you want.
I feel that this is the best I have had my car.
Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting the setup, I will give it a try. How does it compare to your previous setup, with the higher roll centers?

Best,
Peter
Old 02-13-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

I went onto Team Associated but when I clicked the setup link nothing came up. It used to work for me but it doesn't seem to anymore!?

Whats wrong. Is it my computer or the website.?

Cody
Old 02-13-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minittrackmann
I went onto Team Associated but when I clicked the setup link nothing came up. It used to work for me but it doesn't seem to anymore!?

Whats wrong. Is it my computer or the website.?

Cody
u have to have adobe reader to download the setup sheet
Old 02-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Rookie

I need some advice! I recently purchased a tc5f, and I'm in the process of putting it together. I will be running a mm/cc 5700kv with a 2cell 30c 6500 lipo. I do not plan to race indoor on carpet, mainly outdoor street/parking lot usage.

what is the "best" spur/pinion combo? any suggestions for some wheels and tires? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions for various upgrades outside of the stock parts? any other tips for a new tc5 owner?

I've owned a dozen other rc cars, but feel like the tc5 is a bit over my head, haha. I appreciate the help!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I noticed that the inside of my front wheels are rubbing on the shock ball end when the wheels are turned. Using Vintage Trans am wheels, ball stud is in outside hole. What effect will happen if I move ball stud to inner hole? Any other sugestions?
Old 02-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lugnutz1
I noticed that the inside of my front wheels are rubbing on the shock ball end when the wheels are turned. Using Vintage Trans am wheels, ball stud is in outside hole. What effect will happen if I move ball stud to inner hole? Any other sugestions?
Moving the bottom of the shock inward will soften the suspension. You can offset this by moving the top of the shock out one hole also. But this may not give you the same feel in the suspension.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I finally got a chance run my tc5 and all I can say is this car is awesome. Very good race results the first time out.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is a new setup for you guys to try if you want.
I feel that this is the best I have had my car.
hey josh, how is this setup compared to your last setup with the spool. my track is 90x40 but technical and was wondering if a oneway is hurting me and if i should switch to the spool thanx
Old 02-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Burnin4
I need some advice! I recently purchased a tc5f, and I'm in the process of putting it together. I will be running a mm/cc 5700kv with a 2cell 30c 6500 lipo. I do not plan to race indoor on carpet, mainly outdoor street/parking lot usage.

what is the "best" spur/pinion combo? any suggestions for some wheels and tires? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions for various upgrades outside of the stock parts? any other tips for a new tc5 owner?

I've owned a dozen other rc cars, but feel like the tc5 is a bit over my head, haha. I appreciate the help!
any help? Thanks!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Realistically, for playing in the street or parking lots use whatever you've got. "Setups" are for folks who are racing competitively and are seeking advantage to go that tenth or two faster. Out in the parking lot it's just about whatever is fun...if you don't have a clock or a couple guys running in the same tenth or two to measure yourself against it really doesn't matter.

Just build it and go have fun. Keep track of the motor temp so you don't overheat, but don't obsess about exactly this droop, that shock setting or the exact killer fdr.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Rookie

fair enough. can I at least get a spur/pinion recomendation? haha! also, any suggestions for a nice set of foam tires and wheels for street? thanks!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by petk
Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting the setup, I will give it a try. How does it compare to your previous setup, with the higher roll centers?

Best,
Peter
Originally Posted by xtrememadness
hey josh, how is this setup compared to your last setup with the spool. my track is 90x40 but technical and was wondering if a oneway is hurting me and if i should switch to the spool thanx
The new setup seems to have a better balance. The front and rear of the car roll over at the same time when your in a turn. With the old setup it seemed like the rear of the car would stay flat and the front would try to roll alot.

I have tried this setup at 3 tracks. Big, little, open, tight, high bite, low bite, oneway, spool. It seems to work well in all carpet conditions.

xtreme.......i'm not sure a spool is the way to go on a tight technical track.....unless braking is needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.