Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 09-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Brent,

Thanks for feedback on the car and the race results from the Ko Grand Prix.

Wish I could check out the car at the IIC, but I will not be able to make it this year.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 09-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

For those of you interested, you can follow the results for Team Associated (and the belt car) at the International Indoor Championships online at www.intchamps.com and www.iiclive.com.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default driver changes

hey all:the '06 iic event looks to be "off the hook"so to speak can't wait.just want to know other than dumas,baker and hohwart can someone tell me if any other driver(s) have made a chassis or motor and battery brand change going into the 2006 iic?thanks and good luck to scotty ernst and his crew this week at the iic
Old 09-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

hey brent can you fill me in on if timmy will get to run the new car in mod and 19t in vegas. If you arent at liberty to tell thats cool. Would like to see what the youngster can do if given a chance to run the new ride

I believe corally lost ray darroch to xray
Old 09-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:the '06 iic event looks to be "off the hook"so to speak can't wait.just want to know other than dumas,baker and hohwart can someone tell me if any other driver(s) have made a chassis or motor and battery brand change going into the 2006 iic?thanks and good luck to scotty ernst and his crew this week at the iic
Randy Castor, from losi to tamia
Old 09-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Disclaimer...this is not bashing AE or the new belt car, I'm merely looking for info to make an informed decision.

Now that that's out of the way.

With the release of info on the new XRay 007, I'm seriously thinking of going that route. ONLY thing that would stop me at this point is real information about the new AE belt car including pictures and a proposed release date. I'm wanting to give the new AE Belt car a chance but without any info it's hard to just sit back and wait.

If this message has offended you or you are about to flame me, please re-read the first sentence.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Disclaimer...this is not bashing AE or the new belt car, I'm merely looking for info to make an informed decision.

Now that that's out of the way.

With the release of info on the new XRay 007, I'm seriously thinking of going that route. ONLY thing that would stop me at this point is real information about the new AE belt car including pictures and a proposed release date. I'm wanting to give the new AE Belt car a chance but without any info it's hard to just sit back and wait.

If this message has offended you or you are about to flame me, please re-read the first sentence.

It's time that AE's "sh!ts or gets off the pot" so to say.... I'd love to come back and give AE my business as I'm sure many other's feel the same, but you aren't giving us a decent product.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

dr, vtl, I am inclined to agree with both you cats. It seems like XRay (and Tamiya playing a distant second) is the only company out there really listening to the club racer and moving and shaking with developments. When I first saw the AE belt, I just had to have one. But all of this hush hush and secrecy, I am figuring they are BS'ing themselves into a corner. The T2'007 looks so dialed, I may have to go to the darkside and get one. I haven't owned a belt car since my Pro 2 , but the T2'007 is making a believer out of me. Rock on Hudy!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

AE has lost a big chunk of the market... The TC4 was no better than the TC3 and the NTC3 is rarely ever seen on a track anywhere.... 4WD buggies are making a big comeback and AE is nowhere to be found, we've been asking for a 4WD buggy for at least 15 years....

I'm completely convinced that AE does not listen to its customers....

I'm going to run my FK05, but maybe after new years I'll be going to the 007! I like to stay no more than 1 generation behind... Then again I still use my 10T!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I run with what performs for me. The Pro 2, even with it's no center of gravity, did the job for me for some time. I got the Pro 4 simply because I was running 1/8 scale trucks for awhile and lost touch with on road electrics. Now that I am getting back into the thick, I will never lose touch with anything that gets my money.I love the way the Pro 4 handles (for me), but would most certainly have invested in an XRay if I had been paying attention a few months ago. AE has officially slipped and bumped their heads. Ever since Thunder Tiget took over, they've done basically nothing. This new belt car better be their savior or they can pretty much scratch it and call it a day.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

OK Guys,

I have sat back and watched everybody poke about AE losing a big portion of the TC market. If you can name one other manufacture that produces more kits in all different class then AE I will listen. I know there are few manufactures such as Xray that only offer a few kits so they have the time and money to develop a new car every 6 months or so.

AE has list of cars and trucks on there to do list and when they get to it they put out great cars and trucks. So give them time to develop the car that we all are looking for.

As for the 4wd buggy, JConcepts BJ4WE can not be beat and all of AE is behind that project

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 09-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I'm with you on the BJ4WE...that car is KILLER. Hands down the best 4wd out there.

Like I said, I'm not bashing AE or the new car. My comment is plain and simple (and I don't think out of line or that I'm alone here).

If AE is going to keep my business, I need more info.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
OK Guys,

I have sat back and watched everybody poke about AE losing a big portion of the TC market. If you can name one other manufacture that produces more kits in all different class then AE I will listen. I know there are few manufactures such as Xray that only offer a few kits so they have the time and money to develop a new car every 6 months or so.

AE has list of cars and trucks on there to do list and when they get to it they put out great cars and trucks. So give them time to develop the car that we all are looking for.

As for the 4wd buggy, JConcepts BJ4WE can not be beat and all of AE is behind that project

Later
Kevin Boyle
The quality since Thunder Tiger has taken over has severely gone down the drain... I'm quite aware of what AE produces since I bought my RC10 a long time ago.... As far as I have seen in the last 5 or so years by the time AE finally gets their cars to the market they've already been outdone... I hated to leave running AE cars but they left me no choice...

I still like my TC3, it's a great parking lot basher....
Old 09-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm with you on the BJ4WE...that car is KILLER. Hands down the best 4wd out there.

Like I said, I'm not bashing AE or the new car. My comment is plain and simple (and I don't think out of line or that I'm alone here).

I agree that waiting for the news can be trying at times. I for one would love to know all of the iinfo on this car and a release date but that is not going to happen until AE has a better hold on the car. So if you have current TC just keep on wheeling it If you are in the market for a new TC, what can I say but just hang in there. We all want the car out like yestersday but it will be out when it is out.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 09-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not trying to bash AE, the majority of my 24 current cars are AE... But if I don't have any info by the end of the year my money will probably be going elsewhere....

As for the BJ4WE, if another company can convert their buggy, AE can do it too...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.