R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #8311
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Lebatek

One additional point...I'm not sure what droop Kevin was running, but last weekend, club racing, I was running about 1.5mm of droop all around (with magenta foams).

Let me know how it goes!

Sponsored by: Team Associated, Reedy, Airtronics, LRP, and Mugen
Lebatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #8312
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

There is about 28.5mm of space between the top deck and the chassis.

Josh is running the Xray serrated flanged wheel nuts on his car, part #960240. I put them on mine as well (once he showed me what he was running) and they work great! No need to worry about getting enough thread to the nylon part.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #8313
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
There is about 28.5mm of space between the top deck and the chassis.

Josh is running the Xray serrated flanged wheel nuts on his car, part #960240. I put them on mine as well (once he showed me what he was running) and they work great! No need to worry about getting enough thread to the nylon part.
Kraig......are you stalking me????

HPI and serpent sell them also.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/30837
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #8314
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
Kraig......are you stalking me????
I have pictures of your car and I stare at them for hours.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #8315
Tech Regular

Josh, on your Carpet set up you show 1 mm of Hex spacing. Does this mean to shim between the bearing and wheel hex axle pin or shim between the rim and wheel hex?? Do you still need the shim currently between the hex axle pin and bearing??? If so do you include that shim to the total of 1 mm?? Last question what part number do you use for sims to space this out 1 mm?? This seems like a lot of questions on something that may be simple but I want to get this right for this week end race, thanks..
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #8316
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STPN View Post
Josh, on your Carpet set up you show 1 mm of Hex spacing. Does this mean to shim between the bearing and wheel hex axle pin or shim between the rim and wheel hex?? Do you still need the shim currently between the hex axle pin and bearing??? If so do you include that shim to the total of 1 mm?? Last question what part number do you use for sims to space this out 1 mm?? This seems like a lot of questions on something that may be simple but I want to get this right for this week end race, thanks..
I'm not Josh, but he is referring to the spacing between the hex and the wheel. You can get the shims in various sizes. The best deal in my opinion are the Tamiya shims (http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=1908)
Old 01-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #8317
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Im looking at getting a tc5 but have a quick couple of ?. Is there a big difference between the FTTC5 & the TC5r ?. Im asking because amain has the original TC5 on sale for $279.00 while the TC5r is $350.00 . Will the FTTC5 work good on carpet with rubber tires ?.
hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #8318
Tech Adept

STPN:

The hex spacing is between the wheel hex and the wheel. The coolest ones I have seen (and the ones I use) are by Tamiya. They are small blue anodized aluminum washers the same diameter as the hex and in .5mm and 1mm thickness. I can post the part number tomorrow unless someone knows it before then.

I also have some similar sized Teflon washers but I cannot recall who made them, but they came in .25mm increments...maybe someone else recalls... I couldn't feel .25mm difference in hex spacing though.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #8319
Tech Adept

Wow! Fast thread tonight! That's what I get for watching TV while posting...

Old 01-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #8320
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Although they are not aluminum the Traxxas serrated flange nuts work well
also. I think you get like 8 nuts for 4 or 5 bucks and are easy to find at most local hobby stores.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #8321
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have looked at the set-ups on associated's site. Which do you guys recommend for foam tires, 17.5, medium traction. New to touring, so also looking for something pretty easy to drive.

thanks
bmcallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:25 AM   #8322
Tech Regular

Awesome thanks...
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #8323
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcallister View Post
I have looked at the set-ups on associated's site. Which do you guys recommend for foam tires, 17.5, medium traction. New to touring, so also looking for something pretty easy to drive.

thanks
I was basically asking the same question and it sounds like Keven Hebert's from Cleveland that was posted a few pages back. Go back maybe 5 pages and look for it posted. A few questions about the setup have followed so just read the last few pages and you should have your answer.

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #8324
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie View Post
Im looking at getting a tc5 but have a quick couple of ?. Is there a big difference between the FTTC5 & the TC5r ?. Im asking because amain has the original TC5 on sale for $279.00 while the TC5r is $350.00 . Will the FTTC5 work good on carpet with rubber tires ?.
I've been running the FTTC5 and it works fine. I've got one car using the ITF top deck and one with the original. Both cars work great. You'll probably eventually want to try some of the bits that come with the R but the original works good with rubber tires. So do you want to pony up the additional coin for the R now or just upgrade a little as you go. I think the main differences are alum diff/slipper spool and ITF chassis/top deck.

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #8325
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thank you for the repliy .
hippie is offline   Reply With Quote