R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-24-2006, 10:17 AM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

most of you may not know this but thunder tiger is the largest oem mfg. in the hobby industry. They build parts for 95% of the hobby market. They have one of the largest vaccum forming and injection molding facilities in asia.
They also work very closely with companies in CAD design and bringing a product to market. Their product toloriences are second to none. I guarantee you some or most of Just about every r/c car on the market has some of the parts origination come from Thunder. yes ,that means Most top shelf rc chassis as well.
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:19 AM   #62
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat500
most of you may not know this but thunder tiger is the largest oem mfg. in the hobby industry. They build parts for 95% of the hobby market. They have one of the largest vaccum forming and injection molding facilities in asia.
They also work very closely with companies in CAD design and bringing a product to market. Their product toloriences are second to none. I guarantee you some or most of Just about every r/c car on the market has some of the parts origination come from Thunder. yes ,that means Most top shelf rc chassis as well.
G-Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:28 AM   #63
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
For me, it's not where the parts are made but who own's the company that the parts are being made for. Everything out there has foreign parts in it. At the end of the day, it's about where the money and profit go!

I guess if you want something American in RC, you have only one choice...LOSI.

But none the less, I would be interested to see Assoicated bring out a belt car. Although I have to say after running an RDX, I'd have a hard time switching to anything else.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:13 AM   #64
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BrettBowen

I think as battery and motor technology keeps getting better, and we can put more and more power down, the effects of the shaft will get worse. The car was highly competitive back in the day of 10T limits and 3000-3300's. The car is still great in stock IMO, super-efficient. Watching Kyle and Barry at Nats with their brushless setups...whooo...looks like a handfull, but a ton of HP!!
BrettBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #65
Tech Adept

Quote:

The last two products that I have had with a Thunder Tiger name on them have been some of the worst RC related products that I have ever had. I steer clear of them. If Associated is using Thunder Tiger for TC4 parts or some future car that is another reason for me not to buy them.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #66
Suspended

the thunder tiger engine has been used in every associated nitro car for along time. they are reliable engines if you break it in right.
THE_REAL_FROBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:05 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak
Default What's wrong with BJ4?

STEALTH.... For one, the BJ4 has a CRAZY high cost! And two, it's just a hybrid of parts from "two guys' garage". production #'s are limited. (year long waiting list...remember?). IMO...AE makes the best off-road cars in the world. They have the results to back it up. they have built a vehicle for nearly EVERY arena in RC! (1/8th scale gas two & 4WD on-road, 1/18th scale 4wd truck & buggy, 2wd gas & electric 1/10 scale truck...buggy, 1/10 & 1/12th scale direct drive oval and on-road, 2 & 4wd gas and electric on-road/touring) i'm sure i'm leaving something out.
not having an American 4WD to battle Losi is just plain STUPID! they go head to head in nearly everything anyway! it's in AE's DNA to rival losi.
the tc3 is already a perfect platform. use the word perfect because it's been copied by three or more manufacturers. i may be a bit bold when i say this but....there are NO oversea's 4WD's that can contest the US rigs! hell, losi's first car was so good that they re-released it! the ONLY thing Associated has going for them is the B4 and the Kr/Ti Worlds motors. THAT'S IT!
They need to revamp their touring program and build that damn 4WD car!
(sry to rant)
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:48 PM   #68
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbarron
The last two products that I have had with a Thunder Tiger name on them have been some of the worst RC related products that I have ever had. I steer clear of them. If Associated is using Thunder Tiger for TC4 parts or some future car that is another reason for me not to buy them.
The only Thunder Tiger product I have purchased was a FT TC4 and I can honeslty say I did not notice any loss of QC over my pre-Thunder Tiger Associated products. Actually, I thought my FT TC$ was the best Associated car I ever built. I also think the quality and durability were more than acceptable. I cannot believe that people complain about this car breaking easily!! It's a tough car!
Old 03-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #69
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBowen
I think as battery and motor technology keeps getting better, and we can put more and more power down, the effects of the shaft will get worse. The car was highly competitive back in the day of 10T limits and 3000-3300's. The car is still great in stock IMO, super-efficient. Watching Kyle and Barry at Nats with their brushless setups...whooo...looks like a handfull, but a ton of HP!!
So essentially, if shaft were to be used in an offroad application, it would be nearly impossible to drive?

So much power, with such little traction.

Wait a second... J-Concpets placed first, third, and seventh at the worlds this previous year... HMMMMMMMMM...

Not to mention a Durango in sixth, and tenth places, also shaft cars...
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #70
Tech Elite

It's not durable when you hit things hard. LOL! That is the biggest problem. If something breaks. It usually takes more than a slight tap. No matter what car you drive. It might take more than one hit to break something. Accumulation of hits makes it seem like a small hit. Just my .02
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
It's a tough car!
It wasn't when i had one!!!!!

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:45 PM   #72
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
there are NO oversea's 4WD's that can contest the US rigs!
I think that Kyosho's new ZX-5 is easily on par with anything out now. Just my .02.
Vegaspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #73
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin
I've had no problems with mine, and I'm hardly a pro driver

I'm not convinved its the shaft thats holding the tc4 back, as much as the car itself. Either way, I've got one and I'm going to learn as much as I can from it.
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #74
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=andsetinn]If you'd move the motor in TC4 to the other side without changing anything else the motor would be spinning in the same direction.

Yes, but the pinion would be on the other side of the spur, and therefore will reverse the spur's direction.

Aren't all real race cars shaft drive?
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:35 PM   #75
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin
Well just rememebr that RC cars are not for everyone! Just because you want to be good at it doesn't mean you will be.

I want to be awesome playing guitar but after 10 years I still stink. I wonder if I can blame it on the guitar??