R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #4426
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lake Elsinore, ca
Posts: 873
Default

I just glued the stock one together, its one piece now!
__________________
FT B44 - FT J82
LRP TC SPHERE - Futaba Fasst
Orion Lipo & Vortex motors
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #4427
Tech Master
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf View Post
I just glued the stock one together, its one piece now!
Ditto!
__________________
☆ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies ☆ www.harbor-hobby.net ☆
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #4428
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Anyone looking for alumn caster blocks Team Tamale has made some and were used by a few guys at the Halloween Classic. Very good quality.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #4429
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,962
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Ea you got pm
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #4430
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Anyone looking for them contact Larry at Team Tamale. He has 4, 6 and 8 degree's in stock and will have them up on his site soon.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:58 PM   #4431
Tech Elite
 
wallstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,904
Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet
Default

rear hubs ?
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #4432
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lake Elsinore, ca
Posts: 873
Default

I really thought there would be a lot of aluminum out for this car by now
__________________
FT B44 - FT J82
LRP TC SPHERE - Futaba Fasst
Orion Lipo & Vortex motors
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #4433
Tech Elite
 
wallstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,904
Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet
Default

I think there working on it. But they have to jump through all the thunder tiger hoops now. So it will take time
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 AM   #4434
Tech Addict
 
smostyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southport
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
Well, Titanium racing burned me again. I'm posting me rant here because this time it was the new tc5 one piece layshaft. I thought, it's one piece, they couldn't mess that upp...could they?. Well, after waiting two weeks for it to get here from the UK, I went to install it. Spur gear went on a little tight but not big issue. Then I took the pins out of the old layshaft and went to pop them in the new one. Changing the layshaft should have taken 10 minutes except the pins don't fit. After fifteen minutes of trying to force them in I realize the holes are just way too small and will need to be drilled out. Since the manual doesn't state the size of the pin i start going through all my drill bits trying to find one the size of the pin. No luck. I'm not going to bore you with the details of my quest for the right size bit, but two hours later I'm back at home with the right bit. I drill out the first hole and I'm able to press fit the pin with some needle nose pliers. Cool. So now I drill out the second and third holes when I realize...third hole? Looking at the stock shaft, the third hole was supposed to be a slot for the E clip. After looking at it for a minute I thought I could just force in another pin and use that to hold the pulleys in place instead of the E clip. Two problems though...one the pin needs to fit under the blue cap and needs to be dremeled down to fit under and two (the bigger problem) the placement of the third hole is in a spot where the pulley covers about 20% of it. Not a lot but enough to make it really difficult to get the pin in. After fighting with it for 20 more minutes, I decided the pulley was pretty snugly on the shaft already and shouldn't move to much and the blue cap should help keep it from moving too much so I through it back in the car as is.

Anyway, No more TiR products for me. I'm tired of their poorly engineered products and bad R&D. I've been burned for the last time. TiR, get your act together.

I have fit one to my TC5 nd it went together fine. There were pins in the packet that were the right size, I had mine back together in about 5 mins.
__________________
Shayne Mostyn


Meakin Park Model Raceway, the best club in SEQ



I am no longer racing. Now I plan to bash around on a larger scale.
smostyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:06 AM   #4435
Tech Fanatic
 
zacabrandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 913
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
hopefully AE releases their own version and it has the proper holes for the pins, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
Well, Titanium racing burned me again. I'm posting me rant here because this time it was the new tc5 one piece layshaft. I thought, it's one piece, they couldn't mess that upp...could they?. Well, after waiting two weeks for it to get here from the UK, I went to install it. Spur gear went on a little tight but not big issue. Then I took the pins out of the old layshaft and went to pop them in the new one. Changing the layshaft should have taken 10 minutes except the pins don't fit. After fifteen minutes of trying to force them in I realize the holes are just way too small and will need to be drilled out. Since the manual doesn't state the size of the pin i start going through all my drill bits trying to find one the size of the pin. No luck. I'm not going to bore you with the details of my quest for the right size bit, but two hours later I'm back at home with the right bit. I drill out the first hole and I'm able to press fit the pin with some needle nose pliers. Cool. So now I drill out the second and third holes when I realize...third hole? Looking at the stock shaft, the third hole was supposed to be a slot for the E clip. After looking at it for a minute I thought I could just force in another pin and use that to hold the pulleys in place instead of the E clip. Two problems though...one the pin needs to fit under the blue cap and needs to be dremeled down to fit under and two (the bigger problem) the placement of the third hole is in a spot where the pulley covers about 20% of it. Not a lot but enough to make it really difficult to get the pin in. After fighting with it for 20 more minutes, I decided the pulley was pretty snugly on the shaft already and shouldn't move to much and the blue cap should help keep it from moving too much so I through it back in the car as is.

Anyway, No more TiR products for me. I'm tired of their poorly engineered products and bad R&D. I've been burned for the last time. TiR, get your act together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf View Post
I just glued the stock one together, its one piece now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
Ditto!

Well my TiR one piece layshaft went together in about 2 minutes, it had the pins for the holes supplied in the packet.

It also takes the slack out of the layshaft as well. Maybe you have got a bodge pack, but Im pretty sure that they would check thses kinda things before sending them out for sale.

I supposse the next flame will be about how to attach the TiR spool cups......

Cheers
Aaron
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:05 AM   #4436
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
rear hubs ?
He's working on those as well as Front steering knuckles too.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #4437
Tech Addict
 
carbon madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northwestern, Indiana
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Anyone looking for them contact Larry at Team Tamale. He has 4, 6 and 8 degree's in stock and will have them up on his site soon.

EA
Do you have a link to his site?
__________________
マイクル ユージャック 

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #4438
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon madness View Post
Do you have a link to his site?
Google is your friend....and the stockholders as well.
http://www.teamtamale.com/
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #4439
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Team Tamale c-hubs will try to post some pic
SHAUN GRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #4440
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,305
Default

A few pages back someone listed the part numbers of the low friction belts as #31189+31190.I couldn't find those on Associated's site.Do I have the right part numbers?
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:06 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net