R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #4426
Tech Fanatic

I just glued the stock one together, its one piece now!
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #4427
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf View Post
Ditto!
Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #4428
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Anyone looking for alumn caster blocks Team Tamale has made some and were used by a few guys at the Halloween Classic. Very good quality.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #4429
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Ea you got pm
Old 11-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #4430
Team EAM

Anyone looking for them contact Larry at Team Tamale. He has 4, 6 and 8 degree's in stock and will have them up on his site soon.

EA
Old 11-02-2007, 08:58 PM   #4431
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

rear hubs ?
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #4432
Tech Fanatic

I really thought there would be a lot of aluminum out for this car by now
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #4433
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

I think there working on it. But they have to jump through all the thunder tiger hoops now. So it will take time
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 AM   #4434
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
Well, Titanium racing burned me again. I'm posting me rant here because this time it was the new tc5 one piece layshaft. I thought, it's one piece, they couldn't mess that upp...could they?. Well, after waiting two weeks for it to get here from the UK, I went to install it. Spur gear went on a little tight but not big issue. Then I took the pins out of the old layshaft and went to pop them in the new one. Changing the layshaft should have taken 10 minutes except the pins don't fit. After fifteen minutes of trying to force them in I realize the holes are just way too small and will need to be drilled out. Since the manual doesn't state the size of the pin i start going through all my drill bits trying to find one the size of the pin. No luck. I'm not going to bore you with the details of my quest for the right size bit, but two hours later I'm back at home with the right bit. I drill out the first hole and I'm able to press fit the pin with some needle nose pliers. Cool. So now I drill out the second and third holes when I realize...third hole? Looking at the stock shaft, the third hole was supposed to be a slot for the E clip. After looking at it for a minute I thought I could just force in another pin and use that to hold the pulleys in place instead of the E clip. Two problems though...one the pin needs to fit under the blue cap and needs to be dremeled down to fit under and two (the bigger problem) the placement of the third hole is in a spot where the pulley covers about 20% of it. Not a lot but enough to make it really difficult to get the pin in. After fighting with it for 20 more minutes, I decided the pulley was pretty snugly on the shaft already and shouldn't move to much and the blue cap should help keep it from moving too much so I through it back in the car as is.

Anyway, No more TiR products for me. I'm tired of their poorly engineered products and bad R&D. I've been burned for the last time. TiR, get your act together.

I have fit one to my TC5 nd it went together fine. There were pins in the packet that were the right size, I had mine back together in about 5 mins.

Meakin Park Model Raceway, the best club in SEQ

I am no longer racing. Now I plan to bash around on a larger scale.
smostyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:06 AM   #4435
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
hopefully AE releases their own version and it has the proper holes for the pins, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
Well, Titanium racing burned me again. I'm posting me rant here because this time it was the new tc5 one piece layshaft. I thought, it's one piece, they couldn't mess that upp...could they?. Well, after waiting two weeks for it to get here from the UK, I went to install it. Spur gear went on a little tight but not big issue. Then I took the pins out of the old layshaft and went to pop them in the new one. Changing the layshaft should have taken 10 minutes except the pins don't fit. After fifteen minutes of trying to force them in I realize the holes are just way too small and will need to be drilled out. Since the manual doesn't state the size of the pin i start going through all my drill bits trying to find one the size of the pin. No luck. I'm not going to bore you with the details of my quest for the right size bit, but two hours later I'm back at home with the right bit. I drill out the first hole and I'm able to press fit the pin with some needle nose pliers. Cool. So now I drill out the second and third holes when I realize...third hole? Looking at the stock shaft, the third hole was supposed to be a slot for the E clip. After looking at it for a minute I thought I could just force in another pin and use that to hold the pulleys in place instead of the E clip. Two problems though...one the pin needs to fit under the blue cap and needs to be dremeled down to fit under and two (the bigger problem) the placement of the third hole is in a spot where the pulley covers about 20% of it. Not a lot but enough to make it really difficult to get the pin in. After fighting with it for 20 more minutes, I decided the pulley was pretty snugly on the shaft already and shouldn't move to much and the blue cap should help keep it from moving too much so I through it back in the car as is.

Anyway, No more TiR products for me. I'm tired of their poorly engineered products and bad R&D. I've been burned for the last time. TiR, get your act together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
Ditto!

Well my TiR one piece layshaft went together in about 2 minutes, it had the pins for the holes supplied in the packet.

It also takes the slack out of the layshaft as well. Maybe you have got a bodge pack, but Im pretty sure that they would check thses kinda things before sending them out for sale.

I supposse the next flame will be about how to attach the TiR spool cups......

Cheers
Aaron
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:05 AM   #4436
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
rear hubs ?
He's working on those as well as Front steering knuckles too.

EA
Old 11-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #4437
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Anyone looking for them contact Larry at Team Tamale. He has 4, 6 and 8 degree's in stock and will have them up on his site soon.

EA
Do you have a link to his site?

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #4438
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon madness View Post
Do you have a link to his site?
Google is your friend....and the stockholders as well.
http://www.teamtamale.com/
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #4439
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Team Tamale c-hubs will try to post some pic
SHAUN GRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #4440
Tech Master

A few pages back someone listed the part numbers of the low friction belts as #31189+31190.I couldn't find those on Associated's site.Do I have the right part numbers?
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote