Team Associated TC5

Reply

Old 06-22-2007, 07:50 AM
  #3151  
Tech Master
 
ooliganRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Under that rock you just kicked over!!!!
Posts: 1,040
Default

Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
did anybody "bookmarked" the comparative spring rate guide? thanks - jason
thee is one here : www.thard.co.uk
ooliganRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:04 PM
  #3152  
51
Tech Regular
 
51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: So Cal
Posts: 360
Default Out Of The Office

Hello Everyone. I was out of the office last week and have been catching up on things this week. I will be gone next week at the 1/8th Nationals (the first for the RC8), so unfortunately I won't be on here much to answer questions.

However, Juho, Rick, EA, Brandon, Walter, Keven, etc. check the site often and should be able to get you pointed in the right direction. If you have any specific questions that you don't think these guys can answer, please send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Good luck and keep up the chatter!

51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:14 PM
  #3153  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (99)
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,615
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Brent (51),

Is there anyway you can post or describe the oring topdeck modification in a little bit of detail or post a picture if you have one available. I'm going to run my TC5 tommorrow for the first time and I know its going to be a low bite track.

Thanks,
Steve Curry


Are you participating at Nats or just doing team manager duties.
corallyman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:25 PM
  #3154  
The Evicerator
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,143
Default

Wow Brent,

You're the tallest guy in that picture!

Originally Posted by 51 View Post
Hello Everyone. I was out of the office last week and have been catching up on things this week. I will be gone next week at the 1/8th Nationals (the first for the RC8), so unfortunately I won't be on here much to answer questions.

However, Juho, Rick, EA, Brandon, Walter, Keven, etc. check the site often and should be able to get you pointed in the right direction. If you have any specific questions that you don't think these guys can answer, please send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Good luck and keep up the chatter!

Steve Weiss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:34 PM
  #3155  
51
Tech Regular
 
51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: So Cal
Posts: 360
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
Wow Brent,

You're the tallest guy in that picture!
I don't know...Hausen gives me a pretty good run...
51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:36 PM
  #3156  
51
Tech Regular
 
51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: So Cal
Posts: 360
Default

Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Brent (51),

Is there anyway you can post or describe the oring topdeck modification in a little bit of detail or post a picture if you have one available. I'm going to run my TC5 tommorrow for the first time and I know its going to be a low bite track.

Thanks,
Steve Curry


Are you participating at Nats or just doing team manager duties.
Here's the best pic I've found for the o-rings...



You need 6mm screws, #4 washers and o-rings. Tighten just so the o-rings begin to compress.

I will not be racing the 1/8th Nats, but will be racing the Paved Nats.
51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:09 PM
  #3157  
JCB
Tech Addict
 
JCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 741
Default

Hello Brent,

Any idea when knuckles and other replacement parts will be in stock?

thanks,
JCB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:28 AM
  #3158  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
B4Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia. St Ives RC Club.
Posts: 960
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Servo Mounting Problem

Hey,

Have any of you guys with servo mounting problems tried using the servo mounts from the FT B4? They are considerably slimmer than the TC5 ones. Might help.

Cheers,
Warwick.
B4Bandit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:04 AM
  #3159  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,334
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ooliganRC View Post
thee is one here : www.thard.co.uk


thanks... where there is it exactly? thanks again.
highwayman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:29 AM
  #3160  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lake Elsinore, ca
Posts: 873
Default

The excel work sheets.
tcmerf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:00 PM
  #3161  
51
Tech Regular
 
51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: So Cal
Posts: 360
Default

Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Hello Brent,

Any idea when knuckles and other replacement parts will be in stock?

thanks,
We are getting in quite a few parts early this coming week. It usually takes about 8-10 business days for these to reach your LHS. I know for a fact that we are getting more plastic diffs, spindles, 4* caster blocks and aluminum diffs. Sorry for the delay.
51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 PM
  #3162  
Tech Adept
 
kreamUNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 139
Default

my new body.
painted by a friend of mine, what do you think?






close up o the artwork, pretty f***en sick huh?







the painting looks kinda smudgy, it's because when i resize the pic, alot of resolution gets lost.
that's the body i'm going to run it with, wait for the show body, that I"M DOING.

cheers.
kreamUNO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
  #3163  
51
Tech Regular
 
51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: So Cal
Posts: 360
Default Bending Corners R/C

I just got a chance today to run my TC5 since A3 at the Reedy Race. Straight off the track and back on it was pretty darn good. I left my car the same as the Reedy Race (http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/r...yrace_2007.pdf) .

Through the event at Bending Corners in Orange, CA the only changes I made were to put gold front springs on, move to the #1 (far inside) hole of the front tower, raise my ride height by 0.5mm to 5.5mm and drop down to a 4.5 turn LRP motor. The car had a good balance and flowed around the track well. So far it was the best my car has been at this outdoor medium grip track. The 1 deg of anti-dive really sharpened the car up, but is a bit tougher to drive on and off throttle than flat pins.
51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:20 PM
  #3164  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
dbmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 644
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I noticed that tower hobbies has the itf chassis and top deck in case anyone is still looking for them.
-
Sill looking for the nut size for the diff, would like to replace them more often than not and do not want to buy a diff kit each time, thanks
dbmartin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:47 PM
  #3165  
Tech Adept
 
Cyclone Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent Wa
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by dbmartin View Post
I noticed that tower hobbies has the itf chassis and top deck in case anyone is still looking for them.
-
Sill looking for the nut size for the diff, would like to replace them more often than not and do not want to buy a diff kit each time, thanks
I asked Associate before. You can use the diff screw and nut from the TC3 steel diff. They're identical except for the color of the plastic holding the nut and the best part is you don't have to seat the nut. It's made into the plastic holder. The part number is 6575.
Cyclone Charlie is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service