Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

I always add a little grease to all the screws and rods during assembly. It keeps them from getting in a stuck condition if you need to adjust something or remove it. You can use the black grease that came with your kit too!

Sean, didn't see you at the track last night. I was wondering how yours was going to run? I picked up some pinions, but didn't get to try them.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

rite now I have Mondays and Tuesdays off....and I get off kinda late so not much time for racing for me this summer....
Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grasshoppa
Im no expert by any means, but couldnt you just switch out the ball studs to ones compatable with open ended ball cups?
Maybe. But I wouldn't mind if AE provided them for me, or other racers that may want the same thing.

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM
put a little shock oil or Losis new-tan colored thrust grease on the threads before you put the cups on.....and you shouldnt have a problem....

the problem isnt the cups dude....
Starscream. My name is Eric not dude I didn't try the grease thing. That will probably fix the tightness of the threads into the ball cups. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Cyclone Charlie;3398391]I always add a little grease to all the screws and rods during assembly. It keeps them from getting in a stuck condition if you need to adjust something or remove it. You can use the black grease that came with your kit too!QUOTE]

Thanks Charlie for the advise.

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Eric,

I am not sure. The ones I Have are some of the best ball cups I have ever had. After a few weeks of use on mine I still have almost zero play in them. My kit is a production kit as well. Brent (51) may know if there was a running change in the materials or something.

As for the open top design most of the guys just use a small drill bit and pop a hole in the ball cup (not really what you want to hear) to do what your talking about. It works perfect but is a little bit of a PIA to do them all at first. But the good thing is it only has to be done once! LOL

EA
EA, The cups do fit great. That wasn't my concern. I guess I could/ should have phrased my concern differently. I did do the hole with my drill bit. I'd rather buy it with the hole already in it if possible.

Thanks,
E
Old 06-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Legend

Saw a buudy`s Tc-5 , seem he just cut the top off the ball end`s with a knife.

So easy even a "dude" can do it
Old 06-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Saw a buudy`s Tc-5 , seem he just cut the top off the ball end`s with a knife.

So easy even a "dude" can do it
Stop picking on me... I'll report you to the authorities.

Oh what's a "buudy"

E
Old 06-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

one for the tech masters/goorus out there.....

Hi guys, Does anyone happen to know the weight of the tc5 in grams, without wheels/tyres or electronics or body.

basicly im after the rolling chassis weight...

thanks.......
Old 06-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Just a question has anyone else had any problems with the servo saver spring being tweeked or bent? We have had some kits at our club that have come with the spring bent and not releasing both directions equally.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just bought the TC5 kit today, and am pumped about putting it together. This will be my first full assembly and first sedan. I plan to race it at SIR near Seattle after completing (newbie there as well). I asked my LHS if they plan to stock parts and they said yes...new model will prob be out 4-5 years before it gets replaced..that I wanted to hear cuz likely I'll be tearing it up.

Just wanted to say hi...as I just joined, and will prob. have some questions in a couple hours....first on list...clean the workbench and start fresh. Thank for the good reading guys!
Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
I just bought the TC5 kit today, and am pumped about putting it together. This will be my first full assembly and first sedan. I plan to race it at SIR near Seattle after completing (newbie there as well). I asked my LHS if they plan to stock parts and they said yes...new model will prob be out 4-5 years before it gets replaced..that I wanted to hear cuz likely I'll be tearing it up.

Just wanted to say hi...as I just joined, and will prob. have some questions in a couple hours....first on list...clean the workbench and start fresh. Thank for the good reading guys!
There are enough guys here to help out. I'm sure you'll like the new car. Not only are parts going to stocked, you'll find them much cheaper than many other manuf. when you need them.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Welcome Verndog

I was talking to Dan down at SIR the other night and they're going to stock all the parts for the TC5. There are two of us down there so far that have TC5's, myself and Sean. I let Dan take mine for a spin a couple of nights ago and he loved it. If you're going to run it at SIR put 36 compound slick tires on and put a 22 tooth pinion on it for a stock or 19t motor. I'd start out with a Trinity C027 stock motor if I were you. You'll also want to get a set of silver and blue springs. Forget about putting the springs on that came with the kit, and don't put the sway bars on.

If you got any questions feel free to ask, Charlie
Old 06-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie
Welcome Verndog
If you got any questions feel free to ask, Charlie
You can bet I'll take you up on that! I work with John S., you prob. know him and he has shown me the ropes a bit....but since he is a Xray nazi.., I may need to lean on those that have been there such as yourself. Didn't make it far tonight, but the bench is nice and cleared off for a clean start.

I want to go brushless and I'm not sure best way to start...I need to learn to drive on an asphalt track, and my guess is the BL isn't the best way, suppose I can run the stock motor with the Novak ESC to begin. Yes...I also checked at the LHS Remote RC in Covington, and Geno said he will begin to stock parts also...I asked both places before I bought as I figured that could be an issue on new model. Do you plan to show there this weekend?? If so I may want some steering servo advise (What to buy that fits???). I will be running with a 2.4 ghz Spektrum Dx2.0.

If your going to be there I'll check in and ask around and go to school.

Thanks for the tips, I saved them...I will pick up those tires prob. this weekend, also need to find the right body. Wish Doug would have had the TC5, I would have prefered to give him the business...they almost leaned me toward a TA05-R...John said this would be better...sounds like he was 100% correct so far. Durablity will likely be the "early issue"...for me at least.

Thanks for the welcome guys...geesh...guess I should "jump ship" of that lame Tra$$as site I was on...I've gone as far as I'm going to with 60mph BL bashers.

BTW...my "Other name" is Kevin P.

Last edited by Verndog; 06-14-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by walterhenderson
Lex, Its been awhile! All is good here, You?
Hey Walter, just been racing and lovin' the new ride. Are you running 64 pitch for carpet? 3.5 and 6 cell?

Thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

You can bet I'll take you up on that! I work with John S., you prob. know him and he has shown me the ropes a bit....but since he is a Xray nazi.., I may need to lean on those that have been there such as yourself. Didn't make it far tonight, but the bench is nice and cleared off for a clean start.

I want to go brushless and I'm not sure best way to start...I need to learn to drive on an asphalt track, and my guess is the BL isn't the best way, suppose I can run the stock motor with the Novak ESC to begin. Yes...I also checked at the LHS Remote RC in Covington, and Geno said he will begin to stock parts also...I asked both places before I bought as I figured that could be an issue on new model. Do you plan to show there this weekend?? If so I may want some steering servo advise (What to buy that fits???). I will be running with a 2.4 ghz Spektrum Dx2.0.

If your going to be there I'll check in and ask around and go to school.

Thanks for the tips, I saved them...I will pick up those tires prob. this weekend, also need to find the right body. Wish Doug would have had the TC5, I would have prefered to give him the business...they almost leaned me toward a TA05-R...John said this would be better...sounds like he was 100% correct so far. Durablity will likely be the "early issue"...for me at least.
Verndog

I wouldn't count on the shop in Covington too much. You can't even get a set of tires out there. There pretty much an off road shop and they're not as cheap as SIR. Doug is your best bet for parts.

For a servo, I'm using a JR Z590M metal gear. It has 85 ounces of torque and a speed of .15/sec. I think Doug has some of them in stock for about $45. A lot of guys say to go digital, but $120 for a servo is too much for me.

As far as the brushless thing goes, I can't help you there. It's beyond my finances right now. I'm running a co27 in my TC5 and a 19T in my Cyclone. You also should probably stay with a stock size motor for SIR. Sometimes the layouts won't even justify a 19T.

The front bumper on the TC5 is a little strange in shape and they say the Mazda 6 works the best. I have a DNA 2 and it doesn't fit real well in the bumper area. What you might want to do is, put the car together without the body mounts on it and go down to SIR and set a few on there and see what fits good before you buy one.

I'm probably not going to be down there this weekend. I usually go down during the week on tuesday, thursday, or friday. Anyone down there can help you. The guys at SIR are the ones that helped me, and I just try to pay it forward.

Have fun
Old 06-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default Ratio

Hello,

I see the internal ratio is 2.0 , is their any way to get it lower, with maybe a different diff pulley from somewhere, as i would use the car in 540 class and need to get to a 4.0 FDR

thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

do tc4 springs fit the tc5 are they the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.