Team Associated TC5

Reply

Old 06-12-2007, 04:58 PM
  #2986  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (192)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,267
Trader Rating: 192 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by josh short View Post
is there a Pdub bumper or something close to that for this car yet?
the losi one works
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:00 PM
  #2987  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I am sure PDub is on this and will have a TC5 bumper really soon.
AdrianM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:07 PM
  #2988  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 170
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

using the stock gearing that came with the tc5, what pinion do you guys suggest for t a tc spec esc and a vector 3.5 motor?
bretzkej is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:32 PM
  #2989  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 302
Default

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER View Post
I love the TC5 way to go AE......Can anyone recommend or tell me which setup station is the best bang for the buck and do any have scales to try and balance?.....sorry this off the subject butt it is for my TC5....Thanks
Both the hudy and integy both make good ones.

As far as balancing goes, with 6 cells my car is pretty dead on. With a Lrp tc spec speedo and 2 fans on the motor. Also the transponder is in front of the battery.
walterhenderson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:35 PM
  #2990  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 302
Default

Originally Posted by bretzkej View Post
using the stock gearing that came with the tc5, what pinion do you guys suggest for t a tc spec esc and a vector 3.5 motor?
Kyle ran 21/87 with 5 cells at the Reedy race.
walterhenderson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 PM
  #2991  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Tc5 the best

First post on this.Probably the best car I've ever owned right out of the box.Now to fine tune.Anybody have any tips on getting"no rebound" on the shocks? Also,when speaking of "no rebound"does that mean No shaft rebound or Just no rebound foams? Petty sure I know the answer just wanting to be sure.Thanks to AE and the development team for sure.The box setup is awesome. Just want to learn the car now.Can't wait for carpet season or a race to come up.
lotus1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:51 PM
  #2992  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 302
Default

I finally got to run modified foam on carpet with the production car this past weekend. I was very impressed with the results. Every change can be felt and seen in the laptimes. Here is what I have came up with.

Front-

60 wt oil,#3 piston, purple spring
#2 hole in tower,A arm hole
6* castor blocks
#3 hole for camber link
1,A for steering link
med low diff
5mm droop


Rear-

40 wt oil,#2 piston, red spring
#3 hole on tower, B hole in arm
1/2* hubs, 2* inboard toe
A, 3 camber link-- 3mm shims on black ballstud
med low diff
4mm droop

Dna body, Jaco dbl pink tires w/ paragon full rear and 1/2 of the front tires.

Walter

Last edited by walterhenderson; 06-12-2007 at 08:12 PM.
walterhenderson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:57 PM
  #2993  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 302
Default

Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post
First post on this.Probably the best car I've ever owned right out of the box.Now to fine tune.Anybody have any tips on getting"no rebound" on the shocks? Also,when speaking of "no rebound"does that mean No shaft rebound or Just no rebound foams? Petty sure I know the answer just wanting to be sure.Thanks to AE and the development team for sure.The box setup is awesome. Just want to learn the car now.Can't wait for carpet season or a race to come up.
Yes you are correct, when it is said no rebound, that means no foam.
If you don't use foam you will get pretty much no shaft rebound unless you have too much oil in the shocks.
walterhenderson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:34 PM
  #2994  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 221
Default

Originally Posted by walterhenderson View Post
I finally got to run modified foam on carpet with the production car this past weekend. I was very impressed with the results. Every change can be felt and seen in the laptimes. Here is what I have came up with.

Front-

60 wt oil,#3 piston, purple spring
#2 hole in tower,A arm hole
6* castor blocks
#3 hole for camber link
1,A for steering link
med low diff
5mm droop


Rear-

40 wt oil,#2 piston, red spring
#3 hole on tower, B hole in arm
1/2* hubs, 2* inboard toe
A, 3 camber link-- 3mm shims on black ballstud

Dna body, Jaco dbl pink tires w/ paragon full rear and 1/2 of the front tires.

Walter
Hey Walter,

I haven't seen you since the Reedy Race in 04'. Hope all is well. I might have to try your set-up.

Lex Tyler
Lex Tyler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:41 PM
  #2995  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Cool

Originally Posted by walterhenderson View Post
Yes you are correct, when it is said no rebound, that means no foam.
If you don't use foam you will get pretty much no shaft rebound unless you have too much oil in the shocks.
Thanks.Mario.
lotus1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:18 PM
  #2996  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Special"ED"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Deigo
Posts: 416
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

is this what everyone keeps talking about when they say to add top deck washers?

Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
thats a picture of Juho's car at LRP I think. They didnt have spares for the cars so he had to put on tc4 parts. And since the tc5 is metric he had to replace a bunch of stuff in order for the tc4 parts to fit.
Special"ED" is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:04 PM
  #2997  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lake Elsinore, ca
Posts: 873
Default

Finally got the electronics mounted and got to run a little, mind you it was just in front of the house to dial in the radio. I had forgotien how fast touring cars are! Has anyody seen any of the asphalt type parts in stck yet?( spool, top deck etc) It also got me thinking who will be the first to market with hop ups. I know it does not really need anything, just want to be different i guess. My YZ450F works way better than i could ever take advantage of but that does not mean i would not love to have Grant Langstons factory bike!
tcmerf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:58 PM
  #2998  
Tech Adept
 
Cyclone Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent Wa
Posts: 106
Default

What size pinion would you suggest for C027 motor for a track that the longest straight away of roughly 60 feet. The rest of the track is all turns with one other short straight. I've tried a 27 tooth pinion and it feels pretty good, but someone else told me they were running a 17 tooth. Seems kind of small to me.

Do you think I should try a 25 tooth?
Cyclone Charlie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:41 AM
  #2999  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
AM03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie View Post
What size pinion would you suggest for C027 motor for a track that the longest straight away of roughly 60 feet. The rest of the track is all turns with one other short straight. I've tried a 27 tooth pinion and it feels pretty good, but someone else told me they were running a 17 tooth. Seems kind of small to me.

Do you think I should try a 25 tooth?
running foam tires? rubbers? i think my local track is setup similar to the dimensions you are describing... try starting at a rollout of 26.5-27mm
AM03GT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:15 AM
  #3000  
Tech Adept
 
Cyclone Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent Wa
Posts: 106
Default

I found a place that answered my question. If anyone is interested here's the link to it:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3255405/tm.htm

According to what I came up with there, I should use a 22 tooth pinion.

Thanks for your reply.
Cyclone Charlie is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service