Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EricF
Brent,

What settings do you use if/when you run a brushed motor? For instance a 19t. I'm debating on which esc to use; Sphere or a Comp 2.

So far I really like the car. The build quality is a lot better, not as tight as xray but definitely not a loose as past kits.

Thanks,
E
The good thing if you go with the Sphere Comp is that in the future if you want to run brushless, even if it's the 13.5 (so called 19t equivalent) you already have the speedo to do so. If you are going to run brushed, I would start with the settings at 2/3/2/2.

Yea, there are a few loose fitting pieces in this first run, but over the next few months the molds should tighten up and everything will fit nicely.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Preping the chassis

How much do you sand the battery slots? Also should you sand the sharp edges off the entire chassis. Also do you glue, CA the edges for protection.
Thanks
ed

P.S. There is still racing in San Diego.
ChECK
3FAMILYHOBBIES.COM
Old 06-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1Family Hobbies
How much do you sand the battery slots? Also should you sand the sharp edges off the entire chassis. Also do you glue, CA the edges for protection.
Thanks
ed

P.S. There is still racing in San Diego.
ChECK
3FAMILYHOBBIES.COM
I sand enough so that when I place a loose cell in the slot, it is flush with the bottom of the chassis. You can remove the sharp edges from the perimeter of the chassis before you glue them.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

THANKS RICK
Old 06-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

I sanded all the sharp edges everywhere and CA'd them all. I paid extra attention on the battery slots and the places where you would use tape to hold the battery in. I even did a light sanding on the tape slots after I CA'd them. I don't use the battery strap that came with car because of the shortness of the hold down screws. Even with them installed per the manual they seem kind of short for my liking. Sanding and sealing all the edges makes for a nicer looking finished product.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Chassis Prep

This is the first time I've used this method, but it worked great. I chamfered all the square edges with a dremel on a very low speed and then using 300 grit sandpaper, wet sanded all the edges. It only took about 10 minutes to do the chassis, top deck and towers. I was very pleased with the results and there is zero chance of gluing your chassis to your shirt...ask Barry Baker about that one...lol.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I glue (thin CA) everything first to seal it then I wet sand all the edges with an med grit emery board (the one used for nails), when it's all done I'll re-glue all of the edges again.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 51
The good thing if you go with the Sphere Comp is that in the future if you want to run brushless, even if it's the 13.5 (so called 19t equivalent) you already have the speedo to do so. If you are going to run brushed, I would start with the settings at 2/3/2/2.

Yea, there are a few loose fitting pieces in this first run, but over the next few months the molds should tighten up and everything will fit nicely.

Thanks B.T. I'll go ahead and put my Sphere in.

E
Old 06-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I rec'd my itf top deck today, but no chassis yet.
-
w/ the itf top deck and the regular chassis, should i still run the o-rings in the top deck, or should I be ok without them?
-
thanks in advance
Old 06-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dbmartin
I rec'd my itf top deck today, but no chassis yet.
-
w/ the itf top deck and the regular chassis, should i still run the o-rings in the top deck, or should I be ok without them?
-
thanks in advance
You can run it either way. The o-rings are a tuning option.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Rick so it would be best to run the belts at the loosest position for a few packs on the first couple of shake down runs...... then adjust the belts and start tuning the car for the track.

My belts are pretty tight even in the loosest setting. I have run about 5 packs through with a mod brushless. If I change the tension setting, the belts play music like guitar strings! lol I guess this will take some time.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I know this has been discused alredy, but I cant find it, is AE going to release some other version of the TC5, like a team version or a RTR version?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pepecueva
I know this has been discused alredy, but I cant find it, is AE going to release some other version of the TC5, like a team version or a RTR version?
well, the current TC5 is listed as a FT TC5, so thats out of the question. and I think a few pages back Brent mentioned that they had no plans on producing an RTR... could be wrong tho... best to wait for he or someone from AE to confirm it.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 51
There will be no "Team" version, just the Factory Team TC5.
there you go....
Old 06-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

I want AE to here me out on this. I think there should be a team version so people with less of a budget can jump into competitive onroad racing without spending all their money on a chassis. A RTR would also be really cool.The more varieties, the more buyers AE can appeal to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.