Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 06-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i am thinking its Ralph's car.. the orange tape and 5-cell lead me to that, as i saw he had a 5-cell deck on his car, and it is anno'ed an orange/copper color....

Wes
Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

There is some ITF chassis and topdecks in stock along with front arms at Horizon Hobby.

Steve
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The notchy diff is kind of odd as all the diff's I built were butter smooth and stay that way for a long time.

yes the front belt is tight. I run mine in the loosest position (notch all the way toward the front on both sides). It will loosen up a bit once its been ran a few times.

EA
I have a diff feeling notchy as well. I rebuilt it a few times and the only thing I can figure is one or some of the diff balls have a flat spot. Looks like I use the diff in my second kit, until I get spares to rebuild this one
Old 06-07-2007, 03:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Belt tensions

Can anyone tell me what difference a loose v's tight belt makes? The TC5 is the first belt car that I've driven...

Cheers.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Can anyone tell me what difference a loose v's tight belt makes? The TC5 is the first belt car that I've driven...

Cheers.
tooo tight will cause to much drag on the drive train and could cause your electronics to heat up more than usual, it will draw more current and cause your run time to go down

too loose the belt might pop and slip - wearing down your drive train.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:30 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Brian,

As tempting as a beating would be this weekend, I am sorry to say I will not be at the Express Race.

The car will hit the carpet at Horsham first. I need to shake the rust off and see what I can do with the car.

Brent,

You need to come out next year for the EXpress Race.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Ok. I will be back at Horshem for the warm up race for Vegas to run some rubber tire stock or 19T. Not sure which one but if I can I will be down. Have to see when I'm getting back from vacation.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

found another issue this morning.....

Fitting a ko 2174 servo doesnt fit the car.I take it only servos listed in the manual fit the car?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mi2dude
found another issue this morning.....

Fitting a ko 2174 servo doesnt fit the car.I take it only servos listed in the manual fit the car?
There are some servos that do not fit with the supplied servo posts. You can dremel the sides of the post flat to allow them to fit in closer, or I believe there are also posts used in the offroad vehicles that will make the servo fit.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAP66
tooo tight will cause to much drag on the drive train and could cause your electronics to heat up more than usual, it will draw more current and cause your run time to go down

too loose the belt might pop and slip - wearing down your drive train.
While the car is in it's newest stages, set the belts as loose as possible. Even in the loosest position it will not skip or cause pre mature failure if all cams are installed correctly.

One thing I observed is that if you are using the ITF chassis, running the belts in a too tight of a position will actually slightly bow the chassis upwards at the ends. Not so much with the top deck installed, but you want the chassis to be as flat as possible when in a static position, and the belts too tight want to pull the chassis in.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B4Bandit

Cheers.
A tight belt (especially rear) will also result in excessive drag brakes which cause oversteer entering turns.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
A tight belt (especially rear) will also result in excessive drag brakes which cause oversteer entering turns.
That expains why my car was loose on the early test runs and now I am having to undo the chassis adjustments that I made to compensate for the loose condition. When I built my car I put both belt cams at the full loose positon and they were very tight. After one night of club racing they have losended up quite a bit.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fastforward
That expains why my car was loose on the early test runs and now I am having to undo the chassis adjustments that I made to compensate for the loose condition. When I built my car I put both belt cams at the full loose positon and they were very tight. After one night of club racing they have losended up quite a bit.
This is not directed at you but a general statement. Each driver must adjust his belts for proper tension in his car. There is no one adjustment that everyone will use. The setting will be different for each individual.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Rick so it would be best to run the belts at the loosest position for a few packs on the first couple of shake down runs...... then adjust the belts and start tuning the car for the track.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Rick so it would be best to run the belts at the loosest position for a few packs on the first couple of shake down runs...... then adjust the belts and start tuning the car for the track.
It is best to run them a little tighter than normal to start, this will help the break in stretching process. After a few packs they will be at maximum length and should not change much if at all from that point on.

If the loosest position is still too tight, run it that way and adjust later. Just keep in mind that a tight belt can harm your electronics if it leads to overheating.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 51
As for the Sphere Comp settings I ran 2/4/1/2. I also had my expo on both the throttle and brake at -10%. This just gave a bit better feel.
Brent,

What settings do you use if/when you run a brushed motor? For instance a 19t. I'm debating on which esc to use; Sphere or a Comp 2.

So far I really like the car. The build quality is a lot better, not as tight as xray but definitely not a loose as past kits.

Thanks,
E

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.