R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #2176
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I do have to say that I will be surprised if Associated or the distributors "run out" as historically AE has done Product launches Big! tons of stock
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #2177
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
Hey Eric, will EA Motorsports be distributing the TC5? Just figured that if you are running their car that you would sell it as well. Anyways, I got my fingers crossed that they release the TC5 soon. I cant wait to get my hands on one.
I doubt I will carry them as all sales go through Horizon or Great Planes and I dont have a hobbyshop store front to open an account. But I do have a few sources so we shall see.

Should be very soon!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #2178
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzer
Hey Guy's

maybe one of the team drivers that have some wheel time in this vehical can give me some idea on how the car handels. I have been driving a corally for the past year after many years of running the TC3 and TC4 and I was wondering how this car goes through the corners and how responsive the car is overall, and will I like this car better then the RDX? I'm looking to return to AE, but want some proof that this would be a good way to go. I appreciate all the input

Thanks,
Corey
Hey Corey,

I have only gotten to run the car a couple of times on high bite carpet and it has been good. With a few small tweaks I think it will be dialed on carpet next year. As for rubber tires its already proven its a winner in the hands of Juho and has had multiple A main appearances in rubber and foam tire classes since its inception.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:34 PM   #2179
Tech Master

heck two prototypes made the A at the worlds
Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 AM   #2180
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Steve Amadors at Losi Parts House now has May 21 as ETA from Associated!! His pre order's are all sold out though... Lucky I got one

Dont know about the rest of the world but kits are already available through the Australian distributor.Car looks great cant wait to hit the track.....
Old 05-15-2007, 03:48 AM   #2181
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks like the slow boat from china finally arrived (literally)

Looking forward to seeing some get around

Surely this is a fisrt Australia receiving something before other countries
Old 05-15-2007, 04:06 AM   #2182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZC
Dont know about the rest of the world but kits are already available through the Australian distributor.Car looks great cant wait to hit the track.....

Great News!!! I 'll have to contact Burgo tomorrow morning then!!! You know if there are any parts available yet as well DAZC? And I assume you have built or are building yours atm?

Thanks,

Leonard.
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:26 AM   #2183
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Great News!!! I 'll have to contact Burgo tomorrow morning then!!! You know if there are any parts available yet as well DAZC? And I assume you have built or are building yours atm?

Thanks,

Leonard.

Hi Leonard ,we put in our parts order about 6 weeks ago so they should not be to far off , burgo was chasing this up up late this afternoon,so he may have some info on that as well when you call him.

Had a look through today and will start assembly tommorrow night ,from what i have seen i think everyone will be impressed.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #2184
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZC
Had a look through today and will start assembly tommorrow night ,from what i have seen i think everyone will be impressed.
Do you mind telling me how much the car costs in Oz? I had no idea that we would be getting them so early Hopefully I only have a week or so to wait...

Cheers,
Waz.
B4Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:06 AM   #2185
Tech Master

No fair! First the Aussies get cooler fords now they get the TC5 first too? LOL
Old 05-15-2007, 08:13 AM   #2186
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB
No fair! First the Aussies get cooler fords now they get the TC5 first too? LOL
The boat just had a shorter trip to get to them. They are closer to Taiwan where the TC5 is made.
Carbuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #2187
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzer
Hey Guy's

maybe one of the team drivers that have some wheel time in this vehical can give me some idea on how the car handels. I have been driving a corally for the past year after many years of running the TC3 and TC4 and I was wondering how this car goes through the corners and how responsive the car is overall, and will I like this car better then the RDX? I'm looking to return to AE, but want some proof that this would be a good way to go. I appreciate all the input

Thanks,
Corey
The best part about the car is that you can set it up to handle what suits your driving style. I and Drescher seem to like cars that are easy to drive with a hint of understeer. Juho and Joel Myrberg like a more aggressive set-up. Either way, the car is easy to dial in the way you like it and go fast either way.

It is also great on all surfaces. Unfortunately I did not live up to the car's potential in foam carpet races this past season. But it did show very well with good A-main results at the Snowbirds.

And it has proven to do well on rubber both outdoors and indoor on carpet. And all this is with prototype parts that in some cases did not provide a perfect fit or were used beyond their expected life. The production car works even better!

I think it is one of, if not the most, versatile chassis available. When you factor in excellent parts availability as well as the relatively low cost to purchase and maintain one, you can't go wrong with it.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:25 AM   #2188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

I think it is one of, if not the most, versatile chassis available. When you factor in excellent parts availability as well as the relatively low cost to purchase and maintain one, you can't go wrong with it.

Couldnt agree more .
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #2189
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuhoL
I dont have the production spool yet so I dont know how the wear is with that. The CVD's hardly wear at all as they are steel. The diff outdrives seem to stay in shape too.

Juho, any chance of gettig your setup from the lrp race??? please let me know, tha nks
i am cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #2190
Tech Fanatic

Why do we need a TC5 anyway? Car Action just named the FTTC4 2007 sedan car of the year. Talk about having your head in the sand!
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote