Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have run Associated products since the 12e !!
Still got my original gold tub RC-10, and loved my TC3, BUT the TC4 ( of which I had 3) was such a big let down, it will take more than just being on the pace for me to go back.
I really hope they bring out the FT version right away though, as they are trying to sell to racers here.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

What you see here is what you are going to get.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 02-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yea...

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
the car has already proven itself. look at the snowbird results. right on pace with xray. go ae.

it's right there with a T2 sport for $199.00. No punt intended. Good luck AE.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

t2 sport is a plastic piece of junk. when i say on pace i mean the lap times are identical. thats good enough for me.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

when i say on pace i mean the lap times are identical. thats good enough for me.
Yes but who at your club has one? My club has many 007s, T2s, 415s etc, meaning I can get setup help, share spare parts etc. TC5 will need to be that good and then some to make it worth while switching.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oh no i wouldnt switch cars. the 007 is awesome. im just saying that everybody thinks xray is a supercar when there are many just as good out there and now the tc5 is part of that. but team associated is one of the best resources to get set-up help if you needed it. especially online. its nice to have help at the track from people with the same car but usually someone elses set-up doesnt work for everyone. i learned that and i just learned how to set-up my own car no matter what it is. once you learn what each adjustment does its easy to set-up a car. just my .02
Old 02-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 51
Well we're through 3 rounds of qualifying and things are looking promising.

Juho was on a TQ pace by 2 seconds in 19-turn and got tangled with Ralph Burch and sent over the pipe and had to be marshalled back...he lost about 3.5 seconds and is a little over a second off TQ in 3rd place overall. In modified, he had two breaks in round 1 & 2, so today's heat was all about the re-sort. He should now be in the "B" re-sort.

Joel was in the first qualifier for 19 turn and had to just survive the heat to move to a better re-sort for the 4th round. He'll be wicked fast and has a good chance to stay on pace with his AE/Reedy/LRP team mate Juho. In modified he jumped in to 7th place, a little over a second from 3rd overall.

Craig wasn't able to improve his 19 turn time due to a tucked body on lap 1. In modified he was moving up in the "A" qualifier, but had some issues with traffic and didn't improve his time. He had passed eventual heat winner, Barry Barry on the track 3 minutes in to the run after starting 9th in the heat. Barry is now 8th with that run.

Rick has been steady and fast, just a few hang-ups here and there. In 19 turn he had either a cell fall off or the motor went. He lost over 3 seconds in the last 10 laps alone, just due to power. In modified, he's been fast but traffic has been gnarly. Cars are bouncing all over the place and a good run requires a bit of luck...so far he hasn't had much of that.

Both Eric and Walter are running well. They just need to keep it clean for 5 minutes and they also have a shot at the mains.

I've heard from more than one competetor that the AE cars all look really good. We've been able to learn from these past few races and apply that across the team and we are having success.

Brandon Melton is running the car in rubber tires and is currently in the 19 turn main and the top of the "B" with only 1 qualifier in stock. His car has looked good, but with such limited time on the car and the first time racing rubber tires on carpet it's a bit tough to jump right in.

On a quick sidenote, Marc Fischer is running brushless in 1/12th scale and killing it. Dumas is close, also with brushless, but doens't have the speed Marc does. Walter Henderson is holding on to 3rd overall with a brilliant run in round 2. I wish J.O.B. were here...this is his type of layout and with the LRP brushless he'd have the speed to compete with Fischer.

...that's all for today.

Thanks Brent,

Looks like the car is on pace with the rest of the world...just need some love in qualifying.

When can get some set ups on the car?????

Come on April, Kevin is ready for new ride

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 02-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Just an fyi, the T2R has had a price increase. I don't have the exact figures in front of me but it will still most likely be cheaper than the TC5.

Back to the TC5 topic. Nice job to everyone on the team and especially to Bob!

Is it April yet?

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 02-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Why are people comparing a cheap, flimsy little sister of a car that was so flawed its parent company replaced it after 6 months to a race-ready car like the TC5?
Old 02-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Personally, I am looking at it from the viewpoint of it coming from the same manufacturer.
I am an AE fan though, got a big banner up in my basement (!)
I just need to see a car that for me is better than my 007, before I jump back to them again.
Again, these are my PERSONAL opinions !
Old 02-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yea...

but team associated is one of the best resources to get set-up help if you needed it. especially online. its nice to have help at the track from people with the same car but usually someone elses set-up doesnt work for everyone. i learned that and i just learned how to set-up my own car no matter what it is. once you learn what each adjustment does its easy to set-up a car. just my .02
you get 3-4 pro setups on AE's site. Hot Dog! I'm sure one of those will work for me.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Never in my life have i wanted to reach thru a flat screen monitor and pimp slap someone as much as i do you...

... gotta keep that pimp hand strong...
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

RcKnight I am so sorry that your mommy never wanted to play with your sorry ass. But if you really want the attention heres some. You claim to be a christian. LOL You are nothing but a sorry pathetic little weasel. Do you have the balls to go to other denominational places of worship and bad mouth them during thier services or do your balls only swell up when your at your keyboard. What a two faces looser you are. You were all about Associated cars when you had one but now they make crap since you drive something else. Pathetic. Maybe you should spend more time reading your bible and less time on this forum since you clearly have no grasp of its teachings. You are obviously a poser at everything you do.

Go lay by your dish.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Ouch!

Well back to the TC5, the car apparently performed extremely well all week long. I know there are a couple local hotshots that are going to try the car. From what I have heard from people there the car looked as good as any other car out there and seemed pretty durable as well.

Does anyone know if parts will be released with the car or will it be the car then parts later down the road?

Later,
Old 02-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

I see there is a small hole in the rear bulkheads (and front too) just in front of the diff that appears to be there for a reason, could anyone tell me what they are for??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.