Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ralph_c
Not entirely true. Craig Drescher was flying a couple of weeks ago in the British modified national. Not sure what car he was using, but he was certainly quick on video. Maybe the car just doesn't work so well indoors (I don't remember any international outdoor meetings which a top TC4 driver has attended for ages...)
FT-TC4
Old 05-26-2006, 04:28 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

someone put their slim digicams to use...mission impossible time! or maybe a cell phone camera walk by!
Old 05-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

if only he had James bond,

whats so good about belts? i find my step-dads TC4 way more simpler and cleaner than my xxx-s
Old 05-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default 2006 Reedy Race

During the Thursday practice session at Reedy, Craig Drescher (sp?) parked his in front of the sweeper while i was handing out the t-shirts and driver badges. i realized i was looking at silver bulkheads that were pretty close together (ala T2, FK05, Tamiya.. etc).

then when they started practice, i saw the associated sticker and Craig was driving!

he did come by Tech to check his car, i couldnt get a look, but he did let the tech guys get a good look at it. but i doubt we'll be able to take pictures.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

They said "No Pictures!".

And Craig is one funny guy!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Dude, Someone get some balls, bum rush the AE pits with a cam and snap some shots!

Are they running a mid motor or a rear motor? How do the new arms look? (long, short, skinny, beefy?)
Old 05-27-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Dude, Someone get some balls, bum rush the AE pits with a cam and snap some shots!

Are they running a mid motor or a rear motor? How do the new arms look? (long, short, skinny, beefy?)
the carlooks pretty nice. The arms look just any other experimental arm. It's in it's begining stages so alot will change by the time it hits the market. Barry did make some changes that improved his cr even though I still think I can take him in 19 turn Craigs still looks rock solid. I don't know if they're testing two different cars or what but look for Barry (old age and all) to be right there at the tone. In other news.......he did stay at a Holiday Inn once.....
Old 05-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That doesn't count, you have to stay at a Holiday Inn Express for that to work.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BlackKat
i hope to god they learned from Losi's debacle and are not using the mid-motor configuration
Old 05-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a friend of mine was taking a tour of the AE plant in cali aduring the rcx hobby show, he noticed that they were manufacturing different arms for a touring car, they quickly moved them into a room and when they came out production was stopped. where is ethan hunt when you need him
Old 05-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It would be nice to see a belted AE car but lets hope they don't rush it just because of market pressure
Old 05-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah just like they did with the TC4

would of got one if it had of being thought out a bit more
Old 05-28-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Guys,

Can somebody sneak a shot of this bad boy????? even if the body is still on we can see through the windows

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Old 05-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry, no pictures of the new car but if you were carefull you could get a good look at it @ the Reedy Race. I hate to say it, but it looks a lot like the T2 in many respects (of course they are all starting to look similar). The motor is at the rear of the car, not mid chasis. The one thing I was really interested in seeing was how they re-engineered the steering rack but could not get close enough to figure out what they did. I hate the fact that I've got to throw a ton of washers at the current rack to ge the car to turn and hope they have done something about that. In the end, Drescher and Baker both won races in the invite class so the car has some chops even in its development stages.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacingStorm
Sorry, no pictures of the new car but if you were carefull you could get a good look at it @ the Reedy Race. I hate to say it, but it looks a lot like the T2 in many respects (of course they are all starting to look similar). The motor is at the rear of the car, not mid chasis. The one thing I was really interested in seeing was how they re-engineered the steering rack but could not get close enough to figure out what they did. I hate the fact that I've got to throw a ton of washers at the current rack to ge the car to turn and hope they have done something about that. In the end, Drescher and Baker both won races in the invite class so the car has some chops even in its development stages.
"won some races"? ... if not for motor issues drescher would have another 1st for sure... and he was in second tracknig down first when he locked up a second time on day 1... he easily could have been in the running to repeat... the car is awesome... keep in mind like last year this is its first race out, and its not an upgraded car like the FT TC4 but a ground up redesign... the results are ridiculous considering these circumstances... anyone remember lemieux and cyruls "prototypes" from last year?... exactly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.